+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cutting

Default Cutting

Gudentaug,

I want to start out by saying i'm not making this post to glamour cutting, or to get sympathy. I just feel that I need to write this down in a public center and I hope you can all read it.

Some bad stuff went down and i've been trying to cope with it. Entire days of my life have passed by where i've felt nothing but horrible. I tried going on anti-depressents but that just made it worse for some reason.

Every day my anxiety has grown to where I dread waking. I've become so numb and my heart beats so fast so long, that the only thing I can do to feel something different is to cut myself.

I exhale as I cut and the pain focuses my mind and for those moments actually makes me feel better, I feel horrible for doing it because I know its wrong and its so cliche but its the only thing thats worked, even talking to people/friends/family has done nothing but to amplify how I feel. When I did try t fix the problem all it did was make me and the other party feel even worse. I wish I was brave enough to kill myself.

Does anyone else have this problem? Could you send me a private message? I'd like to talk to you.

Nonamepunk's Avatar Hip-Hop Anonymous

Default Re: Cutting

not my thing... it kind of offends me... i think there are many outlets but this is not mine...but ya um.... to each his (or her) own.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

I used to cut. Still want to sometimes. Its hard and its something that takes a very long time to get over. And no matter what anyone tells you youre not crazy or weird. its just your way of dealing with the pain. my parents chose to ignore it and label it as a "phase" until I cut too deep one night and needed some major stiches. Therapy helps and just talking to people who understand what youre going through is a big help. so know im here and i understand. if you want you can message me on IM

AIM: Kaylaellsworth20
    YAHOO: Kayla200614895

<3 Kayla

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

have you ever considered learning how to meditate? back when i used to cut, i was doing it mostly to keep myself grounded and found it was an easy way to focus my mind. i used those skills to eventually teach myself how to meditate without the cutting.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Only a guess, but maybe you need to deal with the causes of those feelings.

You're stressed/angry/upset by something, and you need to deal with it.
    Cry, fight, scream, talk, stomp, whatever it takes to get the stress out.
    If you hold it inside, of course you are going to find some way to release
    the pain and stress... The key is to get it out in some other way.

Well hun, I've been in the same boat as you. I'll be honest, there's nothing I can say or suggest to help you escape your depression. Everyone is different. I wouldn't suggest the suicide course of action, as it is actually more difficult than you might think, and when you fail you'll feel a million times worse. And it just isn't worth it.

This may sound silly, but it did help me out a time or two. Use a marker instead. I would just jab it at my stomach and the tension of just wanting to strike at myself went away a little, and I had no permanet damage. It won't make your state of mind permanetly go away, but when you get better, and you will get better, you will thank yourself.

[PM me if you feel I can offer anything more to help.]

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Frankly its a problem I'm still fighting with.

When I told my parents their way of solving it was by hitting me, and threatening me. It caused a lot of uncalled for drama.

It's hard to stop. But it can be done. I think it's been 2 or 3 months now. I just have a habit of going LONG periods of time without doing it then reaching low points and giving in again.

There are other alternatives though. And its tough but you can stop.

Annabel Elaine's Avatar Mistress of disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    have you ever considered learning how to meditate? back when i used to cut, i was doing it mostly to keep myself grounded and found it was an easy way to focus my mind. i used those skills to eventually teach myself how to meditate without the cutting.
    I agree completely, when i was going through my patch of depression meditation realy helped, that and yoga- when ever i felt like cutting i would do yoga- the streches and breath control induce endorphins to enter your blood stream, the result is an increse in positivity. or atlest that worked for me.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

The main point that people keep mentioning, is that you have to do something to get release from your stress.

Go beat up a punching bag, go do yoga, meditate, scream, do art, do something...

But if you just hold it all in, it has to come out somehow.

Ideally, you would want to fix the cause of the stress.
    But it's not a perfect world, and sometimes it's hard to get out of
    stressful situations. So sometimes we just need to come up with
    less-destructive ways of relieving stress and anger and pain.

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Sounds like I agree with most of the people here. I understand why you would do that but ultimately its a choice, even if you feel as though you don't have one. The one place where you have control in the world is over yourself and your actions.

Take all of that passion and channel it somewhere else because its just passion that needs a way out safely. Take up meditation, yoga, painting or poetry its all the same it just lets you release the emotion in an emotionally safe place.

For me it was poetry but trust me after reading some of my stuff I was really cutting myself and anyone who would read it! Now I just spank the person who is ticking me off.

i feel your pain ,,i not only cut ,i used to burn , ciggs mostly ,,but sometimes i used cigars .. but after awhile i got thur the stuff, theres many things that can and do help.
    All the best too ya tho .
    A

+ Reply to Thread