+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: What pisses you off?

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Default What pisses you off?

I've wondering if other people get pissed off at the same things. One thing I can't stand is the "degeneration" of the English Language. Prime example: When the fuck did the word BLING start to mean something? I hate it when the word is used. I just want to grab the person saying it, and slap them until they learn to speak correctly.

Does this sort of thing happen to others, or is there something else that pisses you off?

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Re: What pisses you off?

"The kids of today... all this loud music, lack of respect for their elders... and a total disregard for the requirements of grammar. I tell you, it wasn't like that when I was young. Bring back conscription, I say. We fought in Korea for these young scoundrels and do they show respect? Barely covering their modesty - in my day you'd get a beating for the language they use... and where's my cocoa dammit?!?"

BSD - welcome to the place we call 'old'.

mG

I know I'm old. I keep wanting to tell kids to stop playing their crap rave music via the loud speaker on their mobile phones, while on the underground/bus. My wife is 9 years younger than me and she feels the same way about the kids.
    I'm only 36, but I feel that the whole of society is going down the toilet. Wars, famines, plagues! All we need now is a bit of Pestilance and we'll be all set for the Rapture!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

shit im prety much guilty of using the word bling and other slang on a daily basis , but its not my fault i grew up in the ghetto it just srtof pops out of your mouth even if you dont want it to. what realy pisses me off is bad drivers, and since i moved here to texas i see em evry day. Its like people dont know what a god damn speed limit is around here

people who run red lights when i'm trying to cross the street. if i'm jaywalking, fine do your damnedest, but if i've got the light, hey fuck you. you're lucky i don't pull out a .357 and blow a hole right through your fucking engine block.

i've actaully had people get out of their cars, and try to fight me because i've punched their precious little lexus, or whatever as they nearly mow me down.

shit dumb ass, i just punched a huge piece of metal... what do you think i'll do to your face?

and you know what? usually they're in such a big hurry to get to the next stop light, 5 feet away. assholes.

Well...Bling did have meaning to the group that used it. Infact its used so much thats its in the dictionary now. So is bootylicious.

My bling is too bootylicious for ya BSD

lols

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    people who run red lights when i'm trying to cross the street. if i'm jaywalking, fine do your damnedest, but if i've got the light, hey fuck you..
    lol sooo its okay for you to run a light (technically lol) when they're trying to cross the street, but not the other way around?
    (lol I love you buster...)
    but this brings me to my pet peeve
    Pedestrians, can't fucking stand them! And bicyclists are even worse. I hate driving though mall areas when there are a ton of people, they are so fucking inconsidarate,
    I'll stop to let a group of like 15 people cross the street, okay cool, but then some fucking jackass comes running out of the store and runs out into the road to try to get across before I have a chance to go, those are the motherfuckers i want to run down. And then the idiots that walk down the middle of the road and I have to drive 1 mph behind them to get 200 ft to my parking spot...oooooh they make me so angry. haha..okay rant over

btw I have a super huge case of road rage these days.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Actually BSD while specifically I don't like the word "bling" I do find alot of the slang created by the moderate generation and e-40 pretty damn cool.

I hate unnecessary rudeness. Being a jackass/rude to fill a character slot you've made for yourself.

lame

A lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    lol sooo its okay for you to run a light (technically lol) when they're trying to cross the street, but not the other way around?

hey, IF i'm jaywalking, sure go right ahead, and run me over if you can catch me.

but by the same token if you run a red light against my cross walk, and i just happen, to say.... be swinging this crowbar... then who's fucking fault is that, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    hey, IF i'm jaywalking, sure go right ahead, and run me over if you can catch me.

but by the same token if you run a red light against my cross walk, and i just happen, to say.... be swinging this crowbar... then who's fucking fault is that, eh?
    lol true enough

Honestly, I could make an encyclopedia of things that piss me off.

One that leaps easily to mind is anyone who prefaces, "I don't want to offend anyone but..."

If you didn't want to offend anyone, you wouldn't say whatever is coming out next. No, really. It is probably not that clever, insightful or witty. If you really thought it was that important or true, you would just say it without the half-assed apology before hand. This also goes for the more snide, "I don't want to be politically incorrect" or "I now were not supposed to say things like this but".

This sounds like a rerun. Have I done this rant before?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    Pedestrians, can't fucking stand them! And bicyclists are even worse...
    well, Thank You for Global Warming, asshole!

haha. I'm kidding. I just wanted to join the brawl and wallow in the hilarity of us all getting road raged at each other while sitting in front of our computer monitors.

unless you happen to have a PC mounted in the steering wheel of your escalade and you're reading this while zooming down the highway. In that case fuck you, whoever... which brings us to the next pet peeve...

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    well, Thank You for Global Warming, asshole!

haha. I'm kidding. I just wanted to join the brawl and wallow in the hilarity of us all getting road raged at each other while sitting in front of our computer monitors.

unless you happen to have a PC mounted in the steering wheel of your escalade and you're reading this while zooming down the highway. In that case fuck you, whoever... which brings us to the next pet peeve...
    LOL..yeah I know...i suck

although I do drive a tiny little car that gets 35 miles to the gallon ....
    I think hummers are the most obscene cars in the universe...

and yah whats with those little bippytwats that cant drive under normal conditions anyway but think its okay to text while driving...

I hate politics, chavs, and pop music.

Pop music most of all.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

gha what pisses me off... this freaking RN nurse that thinks she needs to stop by my house once a week... (hah weve stopped answering the door when she comes) i swear to god... the way she acts around me and jamie and the baby, it seriously mkaes me think that she thinks we do drugs and were unfit parents and all this shit... last time she was here she left a note with jamie, he didnt read it but i did... she wanted to reccomend us a fucking social worker. FUCK YOU!! shes friggen annoying. someone make her go away

dead_but_twitching's Avatar Member

i totally agree mmmcherry
    a large fuck you to the social workers... GOSH!
    are they're kives really soo messed up that they have to try fixing others?
    just because you took some half assed course in psychology
    does not mean that you know all about me.
    rants over...
    i hate the police not that i am a criminal or anything, but they're soo goddam smug sometimes soo you just want to kill them..

The strange & new word usage that is developed and disposed of faster & faster in society. Also the education people recieve now, it is not that people are not bright just ignorant. (now I am starting to feel oldish).

thats okay... old people aren't very smart either. i have to deal with a fair number of them on the job.

old people suck. (as with any generalization there are exceptions.)

they want everything to be catered to their particular tastes, and some of them are really nasty shits when you point out that they're doing things that they shouldn't. ever see an old lady get busted for shop lifting?

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

slang doesn't piss me off, the english lamguage is always evolving and some entire accents are only pronouncing, garbling and using slang differently than others. WHat bother me is txt spk. It makes the user look 10 years old i HATE txt spk. How hard can it be to type out you and are...really.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    gha what pisses me off... this freaking RN nurse that thinks she needs to stop by my house once a week... (hah weve stopped answering the door when she comes) i swear to god... the way she acts around me and jamie and the baby, it seriously mkaes me think that she thinks we do drugs and were unfit parents and all this shit... last time she was here she left a note with jamie, he didnt read it but i did... she wanted to reccomend us a fucking social worker. FUCK YOU!! shes friggen annoying. someone make her go away
    Shes just doing her job. I have a friend that is a RN in Florida and did home visits to new parents. You have no idea of the horror stories she has told me. A social worker might have suggestions to services that are available to you that you aren't aware of. Most new parents really have no clue (myself included way back when I had my first child). When it comes to kids I like that they are on the safe side checking up on people to make sure things are ok. Don't forget there are a ton of post partem depression cases with the children ending up dead. Just some thoughts.........

yeah i can totally understand shes doing her job... and i dont mind her coming over to see if i need help or am having problems or whatever... its just her freaking attitude... so thats why weve stopped answering the door. i like the nurse part but not her. heh... if that makes sense... im not sure, im sleep deprived.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    yeah i can totally understand shes doing her job... and i dont mind her coming over to see if i need help or am having problems or whatever... its just her freaking attitude... so thats why weve stopped answering the door. i like the nurse part but not her. heh... if that makes sense... im not sure, im sleep deprived.

Wonder if you can request a different RN? I'm sure people have clashes in personalities all the time. Its worth a shot.

i dunno, i never had a nurse come to my house once after kaden was born, id complain personally

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Uhm...Mormons. And Religious Whack Jobs.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Uhm...Mormons. And Religious Whack Jobs.

Karlos7766's Avatar Junior Member

Raging feminists ,
    Oh and all female gaming clans, whats up with that

hahaa the girlies wanna be geeks too man :P

im gonna phone the clinic tomorrow to see if i can get them to STOP sending me a nurse alltogether... cause i dont need one anymore haha... (especially the bitchy one...) if i need a question answered, i have TWO magnets they gave me with the nurse hotline number on it. right on my fridge!! so yeah. or i could call my doctor heh...

Karlos7766's Avatar Junior Member

No, I mean girl gaming clans, they say that stand for equal gaming status, they say they don’t want to be discriminated against, then they go off and make a girls only clan. How much more counter productive can you get?

(Id post a link to some examples but apparently im not aloud too until ive made 15 posts )

ohhhh okay... yeah that does sound a little bit backwards... im not a gamer though so i dont know... weird :S

Here's a one for you. Chavs! The othe day, I was getting in the Lift (elevator) going to my flat, on the top floor of a block, when a group of Chavs get out. When the last one getting out sees me getting in, he decides it would be funny to push all the buttons, thus causing the lift to stop at every floor on the way up. When it's 15 floors and you've just spent the whole day in Middlesbrough (probably the most industrial city in Britain) and your throat is feeling like it's burning with the smog, that sort of thing does tend to piss you off a tad.

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

The language thing really bothers me too. I hate seeing teenagers at my work going out of their way to speak unproper english.

Girls making up lies about my husband on the internet also really pisses me off. Hes in a band, and if he is nice to a girl, she is posting to her ******* the next night how he wanted her so bad, and hit on her all night. Or they flat out lie and say how he contacts them all the time, begging them to meet him backstage. Most of the time these girls are pretty darn ugly too.

People blowing smoke in my face really pisses me off. And people who abuse animals.

Human kind

Hehe just joking dears

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

religious nut jobs. and people who are mean to others just to fit in & look cool

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

It pisses me off when people play bad social poker in front of me. It's like they think they are so smooth but I can see right through them. I honestly frequently don't even care about whatever issue they are trying to hide or spin, but watching them do it badly really irks me. It's like they are not even capable of doing a respectably good job, so why are they trying to play games?

and your little dog too

now seems like a good time to discuss peeves.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

are you having a really bad day karyn, or did your computer get taken over by an angry spam bot? on account that you have bumped several old threads and said the exact same thing in each one.

and your little dog too

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    are you having a really bad day karyn, or did your computer get taken over by an angry spam bot? on account that you have bumped several old threads and said the exact same thing in each one.

it seemed like some people were in the mood to talk about what bothers them so i thought they might at least complain well. i hate most things every day but i can still have a civil conversations sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread