Thread: What music are you into?

Default What music are you into?

just curious

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: What music are you into?

mostly rockabilly but i listen to anything thats sounds good

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Almost anything that is a "the" band (the hives, the vines, the white stripes) or country. Not too keen on corperate punk (avril) or r&b (one song, many artisits). I hate anything they play in the mall. Other than that, I'm game.
    K

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Industrial........ older goth bands like Joy Division.......... I hate death metal bands with no vocal talent (growling or screaming is not talent, sing god dammit)......... I'm also a fan of old school rap, jazz and funk......... quite a few punk bands like the Ramones, Exploited, Bad Religion...... and I'm a mick so I have to like Flogging Molly, the Dropkick Murphys and theres this goth band with an Irish opera singer called Rhea's Obsession that are really cool

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Almost anything that is a "the" band (the hives, the vines, the white stripes) or country. Not too keen on corperate punk (avril) or r&b (one song, many artisits). I hate anything they play in the mall. Other than that, I'm game.
    K
    Supposed to say ISN'T a the band. Damned typos....*grumble, spell check, grumble, preview*
    K

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I like Hardcore..I just got From Ashes Rise whihc is phenominal, Punk..The Exploited and The Soviettes are being palyed alot, Jazzcore...The new Dillenger Escape Plan i s FUCKING AMAZING!!!! and Industrail and Emb as well as jazz an classical...Rheas Obbession hmm i will have to check them out

i'm into an eclectic mix, which includes johnny cash, assemblage 23, classical (my mother is a pro soprano, so i grew up with opera), depeche mode, plaid, squarepusher, peaches, miss kitten and the hacker, rob zombie, joy division, u2, the cramps, bowie, and ladytron....

basically if it's electro, psychobilly, ambient, or industrial, i like to get my dirty little hands on it.

Im into industrial in all its forms ( noise, ebm, futurepop, and of course the old skool stuff). When I was younger I was into political/crust punk.
    Currently my favorite band is Informatic.

K_SyniculOne's Avatar Member

Depeche Mode, Joy Division, New Order, The Damned, Killing Joke!!!!, NIN, Filter, The Cure, The Cult, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Peter Murphy, Bauhaus, PIL, Japan, David Sylvian, Lords of the New Church, & The Church.

Sometimes the free downloads by techno/trance bands on the epitonic site

Um, in terms of alternative rock : Godsmack, System of a Down, Linkin Park, RHCP...And dare I go to the BritPopDownbeat Bands like Coldplay , Elbow, Doves, The Smiths...I could go on.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by K_SyniculOne
    Depeche Mode, Joy Division, New Order, The Damned, Killing Joke!!!!, NIN, Filter, The Cure, The Cult, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Peter Murphy, Bauhaus, PIL, Japan, David Sylvian, Lords of the New Church, & The Church.

Sometimes the free downloads by techno/trance bands on the epitonic site

Um, in terms of alternative rock : Godsmack, System of a Down, Linkin Park, RHCP...And dare I go to the BritPopDownbeat Bands like Coldplay , Elbow, Doves, The Smiths...I could go on.
    What's your opinion on the new Killing Joke CD with Dave Grohl on it.......... I don't have any of their older stuff to compare...... just mp3's but I do like the cd a lot

K_SyniculOne's Avatar Member

The Killing Joke CD (2003) is FANTASTIC!!! I have to admit that Implant and Seeing Red are my fave tracks. In Implant, you can hear Grohl's drumming come right through that song perfectly---almost like a violent march encircling your ears when you have headphones on: thats the only way I can explain it. Well each time I hear it, I wanna mosh around lol!!!

Actually, I blast that song really loudly on the weekends, and it pisses off my neighbours.

Im actually quite pleased how they have progressed as a band. Their old stuff to me is timeless...But that's just me :p (I.e., Love like Blood, Eighties are earlier tracks that you could probably compare their new stuff to). Coleman's voice is still hypnotizing to me. I never get sick of listening to him sing at all...(Been a big fan since I was in high school, so I guess I revealed my age right there HAHAHA).

I like a mixture anything from opera to black metal....some apoptygama beszerk....velvet acid christ....to Bella Morte

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

rasputina! sorry, i just saw them live on tuesday night and i am even more in love with them. they are amazing live and incredibly talented!

ok but yah, i am a big fan of electronica...i love trance, industrial, happy hardcore, electroclash, trip hop, ambient...i love 80s, rock, old rap, i even like some pop but bleh i hate the new stuff on the radio... i dont like country...i dont like polka hehe...yup i have a pretty wide variety of music i listen to.

I remember when Rasputina opened for Marilyn Manson in Fla. I was so looking forward to it. Unfortuantly the little Mansonites booed them off stage. Heaven's forbid they listen to somehting other Manson for a minute!I'm still achin to see them live, with out the peanut gallery. *sigh*
    K

hey I just thought I should make a recomendation myself......

ERROR, They are just amazing I hope they bring out a full length albumn out soon. I highly sugest you give this group a listen.

ragefoto's Avatar Junior Member

A lot of you have mentioned bands I love. I listen to everything from blues to industrial to metal to bebop to stoner rock to goth and on and on. I love the new Killing Joke. i saw them twice on this past tour - once in Baltimore and once in DC (Dave Grohl was at that show). I see probably about 75 - 100 concerts a year and I've travelled cross country to see my favorites including Diamanda Galas and TKK. Music is my main addiction at this point.

Bloodcountess's Avatar Member

mainly blackmetal, industrial, and a little into gothic and deathmetal

I forgot the band The Explosion....very good, The Bronx...the new Atreyu is really good too I haven't checked out the new Killing joke but since there are so many recomendations I will give it a lsten

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodcountess
    mainly blackmetal, industrial, and a little into gothic and deathmetal
    Im currently getting into blackmetal and deathmetal. I love Cradle and Dimmu.

As far as metal goes, its all about Iron Maiden.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Metal hmm metal, and more metal. Some rock, some gothic rock... hmmm Industrial....hmmm ORGY

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

right now Children Of Bodom, Smashing Pumpkins and NOFX....for some odd reason

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

Cock Rock.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

[QUOTE=bre.star]rasputina!

YES! I love them. I listen to a little bit of everything. As of late my tastes have been a little heavier. I just got Volcano by Satyricon and it rocks! I'm also a sucker for opera metal, tristania being one of my favorites...But depending on my mood, you could catch me listening to anything from 2Pac to Johnny cash.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn
    Cock Rock.
    Excuse my musical illiteracy, but what the hell is cock rock?

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperino
    Excuse my musical illiteracy, but what the hell is cock rock?
    Heh heh...kidding. I like a lot of shit from Finland at the moment, mostly glam type bands.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Quote Originally Posted by TeK
    just curious
    Depends on my mood. Since I'm usually pissed an homicidal, I go for Industrial/Powernoise, like Haus Arafna, Karl Runau, Mürnau, Navicon Torture Technologies, Genocide Organ or Rasthof Dachau. When I'm rather relaxed, I listen to more Neofolk stuff.. The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath A Cloud, Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio, Sol Invictus, Falkenbach, etc.
    Sometimes, I even listen to some Ska, Punk or whatever. As I stated, depends on my mood

i listen to trash metal alot cause im a guitar player and also death and black metal,and i fucking love 70 rock and 80's metal!!!

AEstud's Avatar Member

Texas Country (i.e. Pat Green, Kevin Fowler...)

hardcore..and aggro metal.. like hatebreed, hope conspiracy, most precious blood.. i got to met hatebreed this summer.. they were real nice... jamey jasta kicks ass!!

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

im into most kinds of metal, rock, industrial etc etc etc anything like that i'll like but my favourite band is a british band called Muse who are great

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

I'm starting to get into Opera. For one I find it refreshing and I enjoy the look on drivers faces when i have the car stereo up and they realize its not hip-hop they're being subjected too.

Amethyst's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    .... I hate death metal bands with no vocal talent (growling or screaming is not talent, sing god dammit)...
    Well the idea isn't beeing a good singer, but one way of expressing yourself. Heh, this is my first post so I don't want to start a war.
    I listen music pritty much from every gategory but still I don't like many bands. Mostly I prefer black/death/grin/trash/gothic -metal, jrock ( especially visual kei ), opera and progressive rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn
    I like a lot of shit from Finland at the moment, mostly glam type bands.
    Good going, nice to see even my tiny little Finland mentioned on this board.

Oh yea, this was my first post so hi! to everyone. I am sorry about my bad english but try to understand me.

thedeadcanbmx's Avatar Member

metal hard core

Everything from Classical to Techno and all in between...Exept Gosphel and just a little country...

REALLY into techno though

k' I got the new Atreyu and Rise Against......both are excellent releases...whihc makes me wonder there's gotta be amusic board here somewhere...

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

depends on my mood. anything but techno or house music.

Industrial/EBM/Goth/80s

deathrock, wave, post punk (mostly all punk), eighties, psychobilly, some rockabilly if I feel like it.

im into gothic dance music,blackmetal,80's stuff,punk.....

Dead_Fukin_Last's Avatar Member

alot of eveything, but mostly hardcore like: 25 ta life, sick of it all, hatebreed, blood for blood, dropkick murphy's, madball, misfits, D.R.I., obituary, deicide, slayer and on and on....... just to name a few

+ Reply to Thread