+ Reply to Thread

Thread: teething?? WHAT???

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default teething?? WHAT???

hmmmm so yeah... my little man seems to be teething a bit early... hes been chewin on his own hands, and everyone elses fingers when he can get em in his mouth... drooling tons... haha.. gross...
    i just read a couple articles that i found on google about teething... interesting stuff. anyone else's babies teething? when did they start?
    was it horrible? i hope not... lyndon doesnt seem to want to chew on teething rings or anything, just fingers hehe.. theyre more comfy i guess...

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

Default Re: teething?? WHAT???

Aw what a great name,Lyndon. Petra is 8 mths now w/ 3 little teefers on the bottom. She started really early too,about 5-6 months. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be,she was a little more bitchy than normal and she got up a few times in the middle of the night once or twice,(she's been sleeping through the night since 3 mths),but other than that nothing so baby tylenol/orejel wouldn't fix. Also for some reason she got alot of cold symptoms,which dr's will tell you are completely unrelated,but most other mommies I have talked to said their kids had similar symptoms while teething. *shrugs* Go fig.. Anyhow,that's all I can offer..hope teething is relatively painless for both of you. =)

yeah cold symptoms are apparently common from chewing everything they can reach and whatever might have germies on it i read. gross, but yeah not directly from teething.
    3 to 4 months sounded like it was about average for babies to start teething though.

Teething...
    My grandmother (Christian) says that God makes us loose our teeth as teenagers so that we can understand the pain a baby is going through when it starts to teeth. Just remembering having my baby teeth coming out and my adult teeth growing in always gives me a bit of compassion for those infants.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Wyatt seems to be doing the same thing...

BTW Cherry, how much does he weigh now? Wyatt had his 4 month check-up, and the little "chunky-butt" (thats our nickname for him) weighed in at 15 lbs. 8 oz. and was 27 inches long.... Yep.. He is a chunky-monkey....

wow hes not really that much bigger than lyndon!! at his 2 month checkup on the 19th i think it was, he was 12lbs 4 oz and was 24 inches
    poor little bum got 2 of his first shots then too, didnt even notice the first one but the second one he sure did!!! screamed and cried
    but yeah i can feel his little teeth thru his gums for sure... and he loves to chew on peoples fingers!
    i cant remember where i heard this, but apparently if we had to go thru teething (with all our teeth like babies do) again as adults, we would go insane from the pain of it :S NOT FUN.

He is going ot be a big one too!

Hell Yes the pain would be unbearable, and we would not be having fun.. unless we were into that sort of thing...

We didn't get Wyatt immunized.. The benefits don't outway the risks in our opinion.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

hehe, welcome to my world, kaden got his first tooth at 2 months. But he was never super miserable, i know it can make them run fevers and stuff, but he never did. He already has all of his teeth at 18 months. The only thing was that kaden is a pacifier baby so he HATED orajel cause it made his mouth numb and he couldnt feel himself sucking on the binki. The best thing we have found is giving him popcicles, the ones in the plastic tubes, like otter pops...they were easy for him to hold on to and cooled his gums off while giving him something to knaw on, plus they are freaking awesome! who doesnt love popcicles?

haha whats with fat bb babies? Kaden is gianormous, hes in 3t and weighs 34lbs, size 9w in shoes, thats huge! He was at the dr. with an ear infection yesterday and it was a new dr. he says "oh Kaden your a big 3 year old arent you?" im like...uuuh hes not even two yet haha.

It's all in the mommy milk....

pmh you gave him popcicles at 2 months? or when?
    haha i couldnt breastfeed lyndon more than like a week and a half, he kept puking it alllll up and now i dont know if i should start again cause im back on birth control pills. i really wanted to though!! but at the same time i know im nowhere near as healthy as i should be to keep him fed good :S i dont eat enough, im still a little bit eating like i was when i was pregnant. need to eat better food... hah all the healthy stuff made me sick when i was pregnant... couldnt drink milk.. no carrots... almost no vegetables... no parmesan cheeze *cries* was terrible haha...

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

yeah when he was about 2-3 months, after his first tooth, we just held it for him, its pretty much just sugar and water, you can also use those pedialyte pops or the all juice ones. They love it cause it tastes so good too.

yeah i think i would give him the pedialite popcicles. i was even gonna get those for myself when i was pregnant, cause i was sooo dehydrated... but cold stuff made me feel SO much better!
    yummy. ill try that maybe

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

It's a shame you don't live over here. We have a brand of popsicles that are made from flavoured water, so all that's in it is water and fruit juice. My niece wouldn't have anything else, when she was teething.

mmmm mail some hahaa...

Satiate's Avatar Senior Member

i personally teethed early and was one who ran a fever and puked the entire time... i don't have any kids but i have tons of nieces/nephews/cousins...

but for some kids, they don't want the teething rings etc.

things that have worked... very cold/chilled washrags... (like damp and thrown in the freezer for a few minutes, one aunt would wet a wash rag and freeze it completely on one half of it then "ball it up"... some kids like the texture), ice shavings with kool-aid, popscicles (my mom made some for her grandkids with pacifiers used as the "stick"... totally jimmy rigged...)

then the kids who don't really want to put anything in their mouth and won't take orajel... well, just a tiny bit of whiskey and rub it on their gums... that worked on me and one of my cousins and my niece... (it is what was commonly used BEFORE orajel) but you rub it on, don't give them a shot...

hahahahaha

haha yeah i dont have any whiskey, and i got orajel... hehe... tastes better than whiskey.
    that popcicle pacifier idea sounds pretty neat though!
    i read that usually teething wont give a baby a fever or make them sick, its whatever germs are on what theyre sucking on, cause theyll try to chew more things than they normally would... yucky. but every kid is different i guess... my mom said she could always tell when my brother was teething again when he got little red irritated patches on his cheeks, and it looks like its the same thing with lyndon... hes got really dry skin on his cheekbones that were never there before... and of course on his hands from knawing on them all the time hehe...

+ Reply to Thread