+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Psychologist makes patient wear dog collar

Default Psychologist makes patient wear dog collar

SYDNEY, Jan 30 (Reuters Life!) - An Australian psychologist charged with indecently assaulting a patient told a court on Tuesday that forcing his female patient to wear a dog collar and call him master was within a psychologist's ethical guidelines.

Psychologist Bruce Beaton, 64, pleaded not guilty in the Western Australia District Court to four charges of indecently assaulting a 22-year-old woman in 2005, local media reported.

Beaton was arrested when police, who had been secretly video recording the session with the woman, heard whipping sounds, reported Australian Associated Press from the court.

Beaton told the court he resorted to master-servant treatment with his bulimic patient because other methods had failed. He said he thought forcing the woman to wear a dog collar and call him master would build a more trusting relationship.

He said such treatment was allowed by the Australian Psychological Society. "It is right within the ethical guidelines," Beaton told the court.

"I am not saying it would be all right if I hit her. I did not hit her," he said. The trial continues.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...ST.xml&src=rss

Boy, oh boy. I can't wait to finish that Psyc degree.

Default Re: Psychologist makes patient wear dog collar

*snicker*
    Quality.

"You can only throw up when I say you can!"

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

WOW. Nevermind . . . sorry. I'm out of it. I'll . . . yeah

wicked events in NJ!

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing a psychologist (or any other professional) to seek help for that problem, nor do I think there's anything wrong with seeking help for that problem (or any other) within a loving, trusting relationship...be it Master/slave or not.

I do, however, think that the psychologist overstepped his bounds by transforming their relationship from doctor/patient to Master/slave, even if he did do it, as he claims, to help her with that particular problem and get better.

+ Reply to Thread