+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. ~ Anna Nicole Smith ~

Default R.I.P. ~ Anna Nicole Smith ~

Too young... just way to young.

Now I truly know how our parents felt when JFK was assassinated.

...Like a candle in the wind...

Default Re: R.I.P. ~ Anna Nicole Smith ~

Our radio station is playing requests from people for her tribute..

Is it bad taste when the requests are "Suicide Blonde (INXS)", "36D (unknown)" and "Impressions that I get (Mighty Mighty Bosstones)"?

Quite sad really about her death. So random.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

whoa WTF this news comes totaly unexpected what a trainwrek her life has been these past few years

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

i think its really sad, I loved her, she was such a nut, shes just had an awful year, losing her sona nd everything, and now leaving behind a little baby in the middle of a custody battle, its so sad

CherryCola's Avatar King Of The Swing

im not making fun and i respect everyone in death no matter who they are

but i really dont see why people are so upset?
    she really hardly did anything. from what i gather shes always been self distructive in a way and nobody knew her personaly. respect to her and her family but i never thought shed have a happy ending.

and to compare the loss of her the loss of jfk...wow

I was never like a huge fan, but I always had a soft spot for her just because you could tell that she didnt really "Belong" in the spotlight, she wasn't always prim and proper and she wasnt really always sober or sane...I loved her a little I guess.
    And the media knew that she was ...well I think she was a little bi-polar...and people fed off this.
    People have compared her to Marylin Monroe, mostly because that was what she wanted to be...and she died around the same age and lived somewhat the same lifestyle.

I feel really bad that she left her little baby in the middle of a nasty custody battle, but apparently the baby automatically goes to Stern since his name is on the birth certificate...either way...thats one rich baby ...you know she had a life insurance policy on her son, and i'd be afraid of how big Annas has to be.
    In any case, it's really sad, she was pretty young.

yeah i fell espesh for the baby but hey every kid needs its mom but with all the crazy she brings w/e she went maybe the kid will be better of in a normal life with howard. if he chooses to do that.

im more of a paris hilton fan myself. we already had jayne and marilyn i didnt think we needed another

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Some people, like Anna, and Courtney Love, you aren't really surprised when stuff like this happens...

If there is any good to come out of all this, maybe her kid will be a little better off living out of the spotlight. It would be pretty messed up to grow up in the shadow of your crazy mamma. Look at her son... That didn't work out too well.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Huh? She died? How?

Im surprised she lasted this long.

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Our radio station is playing requests from people for her tribute..

Is it bad taste when the requests are "Suicide Blonde (INXS)", "36D (unknown)" and "Impressions that I get (Mighty Mighty Bosstones)"?

Quite sad really about her death. So random.
    36D was The Beautiful South (ex-Housemartins).

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Huh? She died? How?

Im surprised she lasted this long.
    unknown yet..autopsy is tomorrow.

although she had a nurse and bodyguard with her in her hotel room, and she had pneumonia for a while now..so that may be a cause..

Nikki Vega's Avatar Member

It is really unfortunate for her daughter. That poor little girl will never know her mom.

tatum radcliffe's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Vega
    It is really unfortunate for her daughter. That poor little girl will never know her mom.
    or her brother. potentially her dad. whole thing sucks for the munchkin.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Drug overdose is my first guess. But its not like theyd release that anywyas if thats the case.

colonle mustard, with a ham sandwich in the drawing room.

lol

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

I heard about this last night and was like, whaat? Not that i'm surprised. It'll be interesting to see what they print in the trashy mags when they come out next week (I don't read em, but I put em on the shelves at work so I see all the gossip anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by CherryCola
    ^ That was a failed attempt at humour. I was making a joke.

I don't really feel that bad for her. I think that baby will probably be better off without her around as an influence. Look how her son turned out. She got married like 2 days after her son died. It seems like she didn't really care about anybody but her self anyways. I guess I'm just a cold hearted asshole.

ahh you see i was thinking he must be a moron,,,but seeing as it was a joke...

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

She had been compared to Marilyn Monroe, in looks apparently, so it does seem a tad suspect that she checked into a hotle for a single night and dies suddenly and mysteriously.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Sorry to sound dispassionate.. but boo fucking hoo...

She was a stupid moron, that got into things that she shouldn't have... I did not like her.

I feel for her family, because it is always hard to lose a loved one.. but it is no skn off my back

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CherryCola
    im not making fun and i respect everyone in death no matter who they are

but i really dont see why people are so upset?
    she really hardly did anything. from what i gather shes always been self distructive in a way and nobody knew her personaly. respect to her and her family but i never thought shed have a happy ending.

So if I'd have killed myself back in the days when I was stil mutilating my arm would it have been less of a loss than if I killed myself now that I am a contributing member of society?

Whose to say what fate someone could have had if they lived longer. Her struggles don't make her any less valuable of a person. If we were to take that attitude maybe people on this site would be no loss to the world if they all up and killed themselves either, after all, we're just a bunch of loser goth kids, right?

She had people she loved, and there were those who loved her. That's reason enough why her death should be mourned, not disregarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    Whose to say what fate someone could have had if they lived longer. Her struggles don't make her any less valuable of a person. If we were to take that attitude maybe people on this site would be no loss to the world if they all up and killed themselves either, after all, we're just a bunch of loser goth kids, right?

She had people she loved, and there were those who loved her. That's reason enough why her death should be mourned, not disregarded.
    You have a pretty righteous & positive way to look at it. Perhaps your right, but her behaviour makes it difficult (for me personally) to really be sad about it. I do feel bad for the baby though.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    You have a pretty righteous & positive way to look at it. Perhaps your right, but her behaviour makes it difficult (for me personally) to really be sad about it. I do feel bad for the baby though.
    I see why people are insensative about it. I think people have an ever growing sense of disregard for others, especially if those others are in the media. I used to be super jaded too about all that stuff till a good friend of mine told me 'i don't want to watch violent movies. I don't want to become desensatized to violence. I want that shit to freak me out, as it should.' When he said that I kinda felt like a dumb ass for all the things I am insensative about, like homeless people for example.

Of course we can not feel as deeply and emotionally for the tragedy that affects strangers as the tragedy that affects our friends, but we should still see it as sad, in my opinion. (This is all my opinion btw and I am not saying you have to agree at all.) She was someone's child, someone's mother, someone's lover. She meant a lot to some people out there, even if the tabloids didn't showcase that part of her life. Maybe even her loved one's weren't surprised by it, maybe they had detached themselves over the years because of the way she continually struggled with depression, but that doesn't mean it wasn't sad that her life was so painful to her that she ended it.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    Of course we can not feel as deeply and emotionally for the tragedy that affects strangers as the tragedy that affects our friends, but we should still see it as sad, in my opinion. (This is all my opinion btw and I am not saying you have to agree at all.) She was someone's child, someone's mother, someone's lover. She meant a lot to some people out there, even if the tabloids didn't showcase that part of her life. Maybe even her loved one's weren't surprised by it, maybe they had detached themselves over the years because of the way she continually struggled with depression, but that doesn't mean it wasn't sad that her life was so painful to her that she ended it.
    True. I know someone that was a good friend of Anna's and she is completely devastated by her death.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I have no problem with people discussing it, or speculating about the causes. That's just natural, considering all the wacky stuff in her life. But I suppose what is insensitive, is all the people who say stuff like, "I'm glad she's dead, she was nothing but a worthless ho!" I agree, that whatever choices you make in your life, people obviously are going to have their opinions about you. If you kill people, people will call you a killer, and call you a monster, etc... It doesn't matter why you killed, or why you were whacked out, in whatever way. People will still have bad feelings about you, if you make bad choices in life. I mean, you have to live with the things you do. If you do the kind of things she did in her life, you have to accept the fact that a lot of America is not going to think good things about you. She should have known that her family was also going to bear some of the fallout from her behaviors in life. It's like the Columbine kids. If they choose to shoot up the school, they have to know that it's going to reflect on their parents. That sucks, but that's the way it is. I suppose it would be nice if people could stop saying nasty things about other people, and their choices. But that's not going to happen... I think the only answer is to be true to who you are, stand your ground, and not let people get you down... But you can't stop people from being bitter, bitchy, cynical assholes...

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

I know it is a sad ordeal when anyone dies.

BUT I'm really sick of hearing about it ALL over the news & such. Everytime I change the channel . . . I see HER.
    and well, she has always irritated me.

Yes, I believe its sad when anyone dies.
    I'm not an insensitive lady

But I'm sick of seeing her.

The comparisons to Marilyn always irritated me too.
    and now I have a feeling they will really start irritationg me.

I dont hate her, I didnt know her and I really dont know much about her. But anytime I saw something about her . . . . I cringed.

It is a very sad ordeal with her daughter though.
    and now everyone on gods green earth is speaking up to be the father.

HOLLYWOOD, Florida (CNN) -- Anna Nicole Smith does not appear to be a victim of foul play, according to preliminary results of an autopsy performed Friday.
    The cause and manner of the television celebrity's death were not determined, however, and the investigation remains open, said Dr. Joshua Perper, chief medical examiner of Broward County, Florida.
    "At this time, we do not have the results of the tests that would permit us to make this determination," he said. "Our findings are limited to what we can see with our eyes."

Seminole Police Chief Charlie Tiger said prescription drugs were found in Smith's hotel room. However, Perper said no drugs were found in her stomach.
    "There are a number of possibilities," Perper said, including natural causes, a drug reaction or some combination of causes.
    There also was no evidence of long-term drug abuse, Perper said.

Im telling ya, I seriously think it was a drug interaction with Trimspa

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

She was the American Princess Di. Only with a shiny new Kentucky Fried Hooker attitude for the new millenium.

And, ya know, without all that lame charity work and shit.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Here's my two cents on the matter.....
    Yes, any time someone dies, that means that someone lost someone they love. Obviously this is sad and I dont mean to belittle the pain that anyone goes through when dealing with that loss. However..........
    I also have a little girl (11 yrs old) and that gives me a bit of a different perspective on things. Im not trying to say that Anna was a bad person (well, a gold digger maybe), but I do think she set a horrible example for young girls. There was a thread on here a while back about Paris Hilton, and I caught a little flack for harboring hostility toward her. The reason is that It terrifies me to think that there are impressionable girls out there who begin to think that the way for women to become sucessful and loved is to be stupid whores. I try to set a good example for my daughter, but there are countless parents who feed this kind of idol worship. I am always astoumded when seemingly intelligent, talentd women give these celebrities praise when (imo) they should be royally offended. I just dont buy the line about it liberating women. I think (know) that women are capable of much more than being shallow talentless idiots. Its one thing to flaunt your sexuality, its another to be completely defined by it.

Satiate's Avatar Senior Member

okay, let's see who hates me for these opinions...

it's sad when ANYONE dies... period...

but, at the same time, being the person i am... i have no personal emotional attachment to her... i did not agree with some of her values... i did not agree with some of her life styles choices... i did not identify with her on a professional or personal level... i did not know anyone who actually knew her to get an idea of what was behind the "celebrity" mask...

it's sad that she's had a troubled life... it's sad that her life was tabloid fodder, whether she warranted it or not... i find it now even more sad that even death she doesn't have peace and her child is now going to be involved in long lengthy legal battles which is got to not be healthy for her in the most involved emotionally developing years of her young life... which makes me more scared of how this will warp this poor child who didn't ask for it...

but i will state, that people go through this type of situation, with or without large amounts of money at stake, every day... and i don't see people as involved or caring about those people...

it's like it's a sad part of our society that people feel that when someone of a "celebrity status" passes they must, somehow, become involved with that person's life by mourning the death... maybe it's the cajun in me, who feels you must celebrate the life of someone rather than relive someone's death... so this type of morbid behavior scares me, because it almost disgusts me...

it's like ripping apart the life of someone you do not know, so that you can say later you gave a shit...

me, personally... i don't know her... it's sad she passed... it's even more sad that her daughter is left in that position... but i'm a firm believer of you can't care for the community until you can care for your own house... and again, that's just my belief of my own personal lifestyle...

i just know when my mom finally passes from her cancer, no one outside of the family will care or give a shit... that will be a life i mourn... no one outside of her family and her community will give a shit... does it make me desensitized that i could just give a shit less if ANS wanted to be compared to Marilyn or had similarities? does it make me less human? no, it means, that ANS has not touched me personally, my mother has... i had no identifying traits with ANS, but i've had with my mother... but do i know when my mom dies, other than a short brief uncomfortable message from friends and acquaintances, no one will give a shit... even if they knew the great accomplishments my mother has done with her life... it won't be talked about around the water cooler at work... it won't be remarked upon on message boards... it won't create debate...

it will be another faceless person who was this faceless person's mother passing...

will i be upset that no one will mourn her passing on a greater scale? no
    will i think you are desensitized to that because you won't? no
    will i look down upon those you who won't feel pain and compare my mom to JFK? no

whether you look up or look down upon ANS' life, it's a life passing... and that's sad... but i'm not any less human or desensitized because i have no emotional attachment with it because even in a "celebrity" status i could not identify with her life, her lifestyle choices or her public identity...

i just personally would like to state, i think anyone on this board who would freak out and go into great mourning over my mom's passing would FREAK ME OUT... because none of you know her... the same way i can say that reading in different places how some people are mourning ANS freaks me out, because no one KNEW her...

i have "celebrities" that i identify with or "respect", (though i prefer to call them artists) and if they passed it would be sad, because what art that they created will have come to an end... i could care less if any of them were fat, were skinny, what dress they wore where, who they were fucking, not fucking, wanted to fuck, what party they were at where... i would miss their art... the same way i would be sad if an artist i respected were to turn out to be someone on a personal level disgusts me (i.e., a homophobic, racist, etc.) because though it happens, it kills me to find someone who creates art on any level (and to me art = love) could have some sort of hatred... could be that close minded... but no matter who the artist was...

i don't see myself getting "upset"... i don't see myself "mourning"... i see myself celebrating their art... i could care less how they died... but i see myself respecting the example they created with their art... (i personally just wish Mia Zapata from The Gits, got HALF as much coverage because maybe they would have caught her rapist/murder so much sooner, rather than HOW MANY years later??? to me Mia was far more contributive to her inner society/circle and was an artist that i could identify with and respect on a personal level, and how she died was far more thought provoking calling upon the aid of society to help solve, rather than care if ANS died from a drug overdose/interaction, etc. but again, this is rant on my own personal soapbox)

while working on my album, two VERY close friends of mine died... i cried... i took time off to mourn... but in my mourning... i also pulled out old photos and hung them on my studio walls... i sent e-mails and donations to those involved in the arrangements, but didn't attend memorials... i dedicated my album to these people... when i tracked on it, i posted their photos up so they were IN the room with me, in spirit... i don't need to be in a room full of people full of people bragging about how well they knew so and so, to show my love... i don't need to do anything other contacting the other people i knew that were more attached than i (the fiancés, the wives, the mothers, the fathers, the siblings, the other extremely close friends that were like family) and both of these people when they passed were talked about at office water coolers... by people they didn't know... who spent time bragging about ONCE they shook hands with them... or gave a blow job to, once... hell, even people that treated these people like shit in real life... and it would disgust me that these people who really didn't know these people would brag about this one thing, that at that time didn't mean anything to anyone, much less them... but in death, it became "the story" so they could have something to talk about... just so they can feel like they were a “celebrity by happen stance” and it was worse, as when you'd bump into them later, they'd tell the same story, but it would change... and warp... until it became such a gross distortion of the truth... just so that this warped individual could have something to talk about... it wasn't a celebration of life... it was a disgusting excuse to drop a name... to be popular... to feel accepted... it was self gratification... nothing less and nothing more... it was a selfish act... and disrespectful to people like me, who spent hours with these people and will celebrate these people's lives... these are people, who passed, that when i'm undecided on something... or feeling down... i hear their voices... i hear their advise... i feel their spirit because they will always be with me... until i pass…

so maybe this is all a big retarded way of saying, by examples and in many tangents... she's dead... it's sad... now respect her and move on... none of us know her to judge her... and her passing has as much right to compared to JFK as anyone else... though personally, i just don't get it...

then again, maybe i'm just a long winded selfish bitch... mmmmm... don't know...

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

I could be wrong but I think at least a few of you are just paying lip service. If I asked what you thought about her a week ago, I think this would be a real different thread.

You know what they say. "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck: When it OD's in a hotel room you shouldn't start calling it a Peacock."

Roxy Contin's Avatar Member

I believe she was assasinated. Her son dropped dead the exact same way what, 2 years ago? So now all the money she whiled away from her dead husband reverts back to his family, who despises her. Young healthy people don't just drop dead.

wow,,,this thread keeps getting more... and more interesting.
    i agree with that peacock thing...

and im sorry if i offended you scar

dirty_lil_bitch's Avatar Member

i think that it is so sad that she died. like i wasnt a fan but i didnt hate her. i respected her individuality. i feel really bad that that happend she was stressed out too it might be good that she is resting with her son now ya kno what i mean. it is to tragic tho

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

dying is only bad for people that are alive. think about it.

People are being a lot gentler than I expected here. I'm glad to hear that.

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

it really bugs me when people like her trust and befriend people then they become kind of unsaveable a little like michael jackson.

you know when she lost the weight and the only words she would ever say is "trimspa baby" i said she is on the smack she really should have been on the crank then she would be aware of her surroundings

the most aware she has ever been is about how i feel 1 minute after i wake up in the morning

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy Contin
    I believe she was assasinated. Her son dropped dead the exact same way what, 2 years ago? So now all the money she whiled away from her dead husband reverts back to his family, who despises her. Young healthy people don't just drop dead.
    I think her son died just a few months ago.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    dyeing is only bad for people that are alive. think about it.
    Unless you want a different colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy Contin
    Like I said before, she was compared to Norma Jean Baker. She seems to have gone the same way...

+ Reply to Thread