+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you spend too much money on?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default What do you spend too much money on?

I know I spend too much money on books and magazines and too much on iced lattes and gourmet food in general.

What do you spend too much on?

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Default Re: What do you spend too much money on?

My biggest expense is beer. Other than that it's mostly all practical stuff like bills, and stuff I need like replacement shoes, etc.

The last thing I bought that I didn't need was my latest tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    My biggest expense is beer. Other than that it's mostly all practical stuff like bills, and stuff I need like replacement shoes, etc.

The last thing I bought that I didn't need was my latest tattoo.
    I don't drink much, but I can usually drink free if I feel like it. Guess I should give thanks.

Isn't spending money on replacement stuff the worst? I totally can't stand spending resources on replacing old equipment or stuff like car repairs or medical bills. Once you've done that, then you just end up with what you had in the first place, just the second time around. Definite pet peeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I don't drink much, but I can usually drink free if I feel like it. Guess I should give thanks.

Isn't spending money on replacement stuff the worst? I totally can't stand spending resources on replacing old equipment or stuff like car repairs or medical bills. Once you've done that, then you just end up with what you had in the first place, just the second time around. Definite pet peeve.
    Yeah, thank your lucky stars you're a attractive famous and talented female. Free drinks abound. When you're a furry nobody like myself ya get thirsty quick.

I agree with you about replacing shit. Luckily my boots get tore up right about the time that Payless has it's "Buy one get one half off" sale. It's a great cycle for cheap boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Yeah, thank your lucky stars you're a attractive famous and talented female. Free drinks abound. When you're a furry nobody like myself ya get thirsty quick.

I agree with you about replacing shit. Luckily my boots get tore up right about the time that Payless has it's "Buy one get one half off" sale. It's a great cycle for cheap boots.
    I'd like to think that is the reason people always want to give me free drinks. I think it is more like I'm female and I run an independent business, so people with open bar tabs figure they have a good shot at taking advantage of me, one way or another.

When I have a pair of boots I like, I will totally keep wearing them after there are literally nails coming through on my feet. I have no problem buying something genuinely new, but buying another of something I already have makes me crazy. If I were a proper chick, I guess I would be all over that whole multiple shoes thing.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

MUSIC!

I spend way too much money on buying records. I realize that everything is always a limited edition release and no one else cares what records I own. ...but it still brings me joy to own a cd or a piece of vinyl from a band I like. (even if I never listen to the vinyl because I have the songs in mp3)

btw if anyone is curious, here is my current collection (it's almost up to date) www.recordnerd.com/lists/deadbluegrind

I had alot more but I sold alot of it to pay for bills, christmas shopping and taking my dog to the vet among other things.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

^^^BTW please don't judge my taste in music solely from what is on that list. I've been collecting for quite a while and my tastes have evolved dramaticly.

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

I spend too much money on stuff I genuinely don't need,namely sodas,fast food,snacks..just little things I pick up when I'm running around town that I wouldn't even miss if I couldn't afford them. It's this weird compulsion,money truly burns a whole in my pocket if I don't spend it. I suck at saving.

I'll get paid and just nickel and dime that money right out the proverbial window..now,I don't get paid alot mind you,so it's not hard to do..but it still surprises me how fast it goes,and I never have anything to show for it.

CherryCola's Avatar King Of The Swing

clothes and gig tixs

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

guitar gear.

I spend way to much on booze and scooter parts. My scooter looks bad-ass now though. I just put on some white walls that set it off. Next comes some more performance parts. I'm getting a new performance exhaust pipe and the Polini 177 cylinder kit.

xangry666angelx's Avatar Junior Member

Body jewelry, even though I order it all wholesale to sale at the shop and add on the body jewelry that I want so I get it at wholesale prices...it adds up quick!

Tattoo's, even though I work in a shop, I get a lot of my work elsewhere because I want the majority of my large tats each done by a different artist

Bourbon! My best friend an I buy way too many gallons of bourbon in a month...along with Marlboro's...we both could definitely be putting that money into finding a newer, better place to rent instead of our current dwellings.

Everything else is mainly on my kids, and bills. My children are the most expensive investment I will ever happily make.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

In the following order:
    My Wife
    Chocolate (sometimes for my wife, sometimes for me)
    Werewolf/wolf stuff. (I have no idea how much stuff I have, but it must be a lot! I even have a werewolf Bad Taste Bear, not surprising since they're made in Newcastle. http://www.badtastebears.com/gallery/numbered/wolfie )

Soda, soda. I go through a twelve pack every two days. $$$

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    Yup, me too. I'm total diet coke addict. That and my kitties- I think one of em's a mutant or something the way he goes through food, and for only being 8 months he's the size of a small child, no joke.

StabErThreeTimes's Avatar Junior Member

Musical gear is where most of my money goes. If I'm not replacing drumheads and guitar strings I'm almost always buying new stuff for my "recording studio". Studio mics are really expensive and so are all the cords that go with them. And I'm going to go buy a PA and a drum trigger module this weekend, hopefully. So sexy that trigger module is!

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias

yikes, two liters of Mountain Dew and a pack of Marlboros a day. If I quit this stuff I could buy round trip tickets to Europe every year for the rest of my life.

RAGE's Avatar A wolf among wolves

Most of my money goes to rent, utilities and pet care.

My animals are all spoiled rotten.

Then I spend quite abit on clothes, hair, body mods and the like.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I spend too much on my mortgage

BlutEngel's Avatar Junior Member

paying bills.........paying university........pc parts also videogames

dirty_lil_bitch's Avatar Member

i spend way to much on $14.00 japanese magazine and mangas

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Driving to LA every weekend. Cooking almost every night. Lingerie for girls I have sex with (OK well, not really, but once). Traveling (even though I do it on a pretty reasonable budget)

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Panties.
    Underwear. Thats pretty much it.

My panty drawer is insane . . . but I cant help it . . . . when I see cute undergarments I HAVE to get them.

Must stop.

that & candy at school. I'm such a pig lately.

Gifts.

So tell me if this is creepy, a girl I know who was having a really bad day and she told me (with some embarrassment) that she didn't really have a reason, she was just PMSing. So I set up a 28day reminder and have a gift mailed to her office every month set to arrive right in the middle of her period. She hasn't caught on to the scheduling of it yet. - No chance of a relationship with her, we're on opposite sides of the continent and not moving.

Frivolous spending - fast food, red bull (absolutely addicted), books & music (I love Amazon)

Fuel (and I drive an economy car) - Car Loan - Car insurance - it's retarded how much I am willing to pay not to take the bus. ~$750 / month between the three.

Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    So tell me if this is creepy,
    Absolutely.

Soda.

Diet Coke must have heroin in it.

and your little dog too

Gifts.

So tell me if this is creepy, a girl I know who was having a really bad day and she told me (with some embarrassment) that she didn't really have a reason, she was just PMSing. So I set up a 28day reminder and have a gift mailed to her office every month set to arrive right in the middle of her period. She hasn't caught on to the scheduling of it yet. - No chance of a relationship with her, we're on opposite sides of the continent and not moving.

Frivolous spending - fast food, red bull (absolutely addicted), books & music (I love Amazon)

Fuel (and I drive an economy car) - Car Loan - Car insurance - it's retarded how much I am willing to pay not to take the bus. ~$750 / month between the three.

Dates
    that is either creepy or beautiful and amazing. i can't decide.

Satiate's Avatar Senior Member

music (in various forms from equipment to cds, etc.), coffee, chocolate and yes, pabst...

in that order, and yeah, that's a lot of pabst...

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Food

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

im a gamer geek. my biggest expense often is on gaming products and magic the gathering cards.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I buy a lot of gaming stuff as well, but mine tends to be Werewolf-esque. Damn Horror-Clix!

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    MUSIC!

I spend way too much money on buying records.

lol.. paying for music..

anyways

i spend all my money on Paintball,my Xbox360, and going out to eat all the time.

and karyn, since i dont know the dude, im not gonna say its creepy, but it does kinda sound creepy

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeviantMommy
    I spend too much money on stuff I genuinely don't need,namely sodas,fast food,snacks..just little things I pick up when I'm running around town that I wouldn't even miss if I couldn't afford them. It's this weird compulsion,money truly burns a whole in my pocket if I don't spend it. I suck at saving.

I'll get paid and just nickel and dime that money right out the proverbial window..now,I don't get paid alot mind you,so it's not hard to do..but it still surprises me how fast it goes,and I never have anything to show for it.
    that is exactly me. so bad although im getting better hehe... ill spend money on groceries and good food instead of just junk...

and yeah... if i had the money loralie.. id be a panty addict too (with matching bras of course, i need a few more bras anyways)

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

cool unique 6 and 8 gauge jewelry (as that's my current size) and animals

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

Used to be lingerie, and books of vocal sheet music. Now it's food,and gas (my van has a very poor exhaust, and freakin guzzles it) and that financially fucks me enough that I can't spend too much money on anything else

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

Gifts.

Dates
    Obviously if you have her address, she isn't too creeped out by you. So hey, more power to you

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

Eating everywhere but home gets real spendy real fast. That & sewing patterns.

Alrighty. I'd say video games but that's not quite true, I ask a company for what I want, I get it and usually pre-release. Advantages of being a games journalist I gues

What I do spend money on is gaming consoles hahaha or recently anyways. Got a PS3 (due for release on the 23rd of March here) and I've designed a $3000 PC which'll blow my next cash load for a while. Also plan on getting a 24" 1080p widescreen monitor for said PC and PS3 as well.

Other than that, food, travel and SCOTCH .. just standard scotch haha. Whatever house scotch is that's cheap at the bar. I used to say beer but now that's started to make me sick haha.

I don't call myself a geek either, I'm a gamer ... it's like ... way cooler :P

Bedlamite

Clothing is one of my pleasures. I have to comb through thrift and dollar stores most of the time, but a good deal of myself (and the Boy's) Money goes into our Wardrobe. Being plus-sized I have to get any gothy-type items custom made when I can afford it.

Other than that... Food, Video Games, and CDs. Typical stuff really.

poison's Avatar Senior Member

rent, bills..and many a book for university.
    who would've thought a 100pg play would cost £7.99?!

+ Reply to Thread