+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you ever played an RPG?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Have you ever played an RPG?

Have you ever played a role-playing game and, if so, which games? i.e. Dungeons & Dragons, World of Warcraft, Vampire LARP, Little Red Riding Hood and the Horny Construction Worker . . .

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

Default Re: Have you ever played an RPG?

No. But my boyfriend can't stop playing them. That's enough to make me know I don't care for them

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

im a fan of turnbased console RPGS like final fantasy, ive tried tabletop games but i just couldnt get into italso i hate laing with other people so ive never even given MMOs a shot

CherryCola's Avatar King Of The Swing

when i was younger i wanted to but my attention span is farrrrrrr too short.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

been playing the same D&D campaign for 25 years now

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

RPG Geek to the core and not afraid to admit it. Everything from classic pencil & paper, through console video games and right into MMORPG's

edlphotographics's Avatar Junior Member

I've tried most of those, but none seem to have stuck. Now I don't really have the time.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

It's been a while since I've played. I've played D&D, Earthdawn, Shadowrun, Masque of the Red Death (D&D set in the 1890's) and Macho Women with Guns. I've been in the mood to play some more lately, but I don't know anyone who plays.

As for the other role-playing stuff, my wife doesn't seem to be into that. :sigh:

Im with KillAtomik on this one.. console RPGS only.. i tried table top and LARP and couldnt get into it.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I prefer the "tabletop" RPGs. I started playing Vampire:The Masquerade and Werewolf:The Apocalypse (if you've ever played this, you'll know where I got my screen name for here from).
    We now play Call of Cthulhu, RuneQuest, SpellDancer (a game similar to RuneQuest created by our GM) and Haunts & Horrors (a Horror based game also created by our GM, set in the 19th Century, so you have to put yourself in the correct mindset. How many people can talk in a Victorian Yorkshire accent?)

Oh, I guess I should add that I've played my fair share of computer/console RPG's. I have nearly every Final Fantasy game made. At least for the systems I own.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

im an rgp geek as well. began playing in like 3rd or 4th grade. grew up with the various forms of D&D. i love the masquerade form of vampire, shadowrun, and am currently playing in a "play by post" 1st edition AD&D game. as well as WoW.

SpookySin's Avatar Junior Member

I rp online cause I'm a big dork I rp text based games and I've rp ad&d and vampire

RAGE's Avatar A wolf among wolves

*pushes all the White Wolf Publishing: Werewolf paraphanelia, Final Fantasy paraphanelia and any other incriminating evidence under the bed*

Nope. What is this RPG you speak of?

gamer scum!!

It would probably be easier to ask me what I haven't played.

SpookySin's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAGE
    *pushes all the White Wolf Publishing: Werewolf paraphanelia, Final Fantasy paraphanelia and any other incriminating evidence under the bed*

Nope. What is this RPG you speak of?
    hehe

I've played ShadowRun before and Toon. Toon is fun. I have a game called HOL, I'd love to play it, but it is almost impossible to get your head around the rules! The Character Generation tables are longer than anything I've seen.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

i used to play a version of D&D that a mate ran as DM (i say a version because the rules were BASED on the D&D stuff, but were a little bit looser) but i got bored easily because the DM was... very good at some things (he set the tone perfectly, and could really write an interesting story for you to get into) and bad at others (every obstacle had ONE unnecessarily intricate solution, and anything else no matter how clever or appropriate it was would never work). so we would be rocking along haviong a blast and then hit a puzzle that einstein with a brains trust consisting of the entirety of MENSA couldnt figure out, and sit there until finally the DM got bored of gloating and told us the solution (a several hour ordeal at times). oh, and he had an irritating habit of telling us what our character would or wouldnt do.
    "i ask the hotty elf where she lives"
    "your character wouldnt do that"
    "what? im a charisma 18 elf lord trying to seduce this broad so i can grill her for the location of captain sponge's secret lair, where she works the bar on weekends"
    "fine. ill kindap her and torture the answer out of her"
    "WHAT? hes a chaotic evil spellcaster, and i need to fill my quota of innocent souls tortured for the week or my daemonc masters will come up here and rip me apart limb by limb, starting with my colon!"
    "fine. my character flips the bird at the DM and hurls dice at his eyes"
    "your character wouldnt d- OW!"
    also he never let me be anything interesting, like a schizophrenic or a gully dwarf.

erm... sorry. got a little ranty there, didnt i?
    so, have i ever played any RPGs? i confess nothing!

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

as a side note, i never played an elf OR a spellcaster. elves are gay*, spellcasters are pussies, and campaigns never lasted long enough for me to even consider having obligations to my daemonic masters. why would they pay any attention to a small fry like me?

*if you are gay, i am seriously sorry. i dont really use it as a insult, ever, but you have to face it. all elves are cocklords. seriously. havent you seen them?**

** and if any of the gay people reading this are offended by being compared to elves... i can understand that completely and apologise profusely. wont happen again.

I always prefered the Bad Guys in White Wolf games. A Black Spiral Dancer/Malkavian Abomination was my first character ever! I had fun with that one. Complete fruit Loop. I must be the only person that found use for the Monty Python scripts when playing a character...

poison's Avatar Senior Member

my boyfriend plays a whole lot more RPG's than me though last year he managed to persuade me to play WoW, which i thoroughly enjoy (even though i have to put up with my stupid flatmate calling me a nerd!). We also own the boardgame of WoW though it takes days to finish one game!

Quote Originally Posted by inox
    It would probably be easier to ask me what I haven't played.
    yup same here ,dont think there much i havent tryed , and some friends and i still r runnig the same campain for the last 17 yrs ,but we havent played since others moved out of state

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

Has anyone ever played MERP from Iron Crown Enterprises, or was I the only one?

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Digital Devil Saga
    Valkyrie Profile
    Legend of Mana

^^^some of my favorites!

MrGoff's Avatar Member

Well what can i say I have played them all. Yes even MERP. lol I even worked at the Ren. fest. lets see .... D&D AD&D AD&D1st,2nd,3rd. toon, MERP(<--lord of the rings)lol Riffs, ShadowRun, ect.... well i not gona dig out all of my old books. As for RPG vid.games I have try to play them all. I just dig this shit. lol

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I will probably love D&D, and AD&D forever; particularly dark sun... I wish it wasn't out of print.....

dddacs's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I will probably love D&D, and AD&D forever; particularly dark sun... I wish it wasn't out of print.....

ell they are revaming most all of it for v3.5.....

Quote Originally Posted by dddacs
    ell they are revaming most all of it for v3.5.....
    what do you mean? dark sun has been out of print for years n0w.... the books that is...... I play d&d with a bunch of dice and a character on paper...... I honestly don't know much about computer rpgs

or am I having another blonde moment? I swear sometimes I think I'd be dangerous if I had a brain..........

MrGoff's Avatar Member

oh yes i just beat The Temple of Elemental Evil !!!! Has anyone played AD&Ds Ravenloft. I loved that world. and Greyhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    what do you mean? dark sun has been out of print for years n0w.... the books that is...... I play d&d with a bunch of dice and a character on paper...... I honestly don't know much about computer rpgs
    I think he means that they have been revived for the 3.5 edition rules of D&D, but I don't think it's official. Google seems to point to this website about the rules revision.

My favorite expansion of AD&D was an offshoot of Ravenloft called 'Masque of the Red Death'. It was AD&D set in the Victorian/Edwardian era. I had a great campaign set up with it centering around the players artifact hunting for Lady Winchester.

Sorry, yes that is what I meant, they are rumored to be revamping for v3.5 as they have already revamed ravenloft (and my fav was 'Masque of the Red Death' also). but with the Open gaming liscense that wizards has put out (see below) ANYONE can make a add on that fits seemlessly into v3.5 (see my recient purchase here: dang) Sorry if I caused any confusion....

(ok i can't post the links, but if you email me i'll give them to you....... )

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessBill
    I think he means that they have been revived for the 3.5 edition rules of D&D, but I don't think it's official. Google seems to point to this website about the rules revision.

My favorite expansion of AD&D was an offshoot of Ravenloft called 'Masque of the Red Death'. It was AD&D set in the Victorian/Edwardian era. I had a great campaign set up with it centering around the players artifact hunting for Lady Winchester.
    It would kick ass if it was revived. I loved dark sun. Now I just need to find some cool gamer geeks out here to have game night with.

don't feel too bad...i have trouble finding them here too!...lol

Never played AD&D, never had the inclination. I was given a couple of Ravenloft modules, and I liked the one blatantly ripped off from HG Wells' Island of Doctor Moreau.

As for gaming groups, ours comprises of our head DJ at the goth club, his wife (also a dj, but makes clothing most of the time. She makes my wife's corsets) myself, my wife, a sound engineer/van-driver -for the club- a lecturer at a local college and possibly one of the most deranged people I know! He GMs Call of Cthulhu, and you get all the sound effects. A very disturbing person is Oli!

Every final fantasy and probably 100 other rpgs.

As far as pen and paper... Dungeons and Dragons, Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Call of Cthullu, D20 Modern, D20 Western, D20 Cyberpunk etc etc etc etc etc etc ETC.

And on the MMORPG side..

Everquest, Asherons Call, Anarchy Online, Asherons Call II, Everquest II, Shadowbane, Ragnarok Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, etc etc etc... im a mmorpg junkie.

Probably why my brain is so messed up : D I've been so many other people that I barely know myself sometimes haha.

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

I have not played an RPG but many dear friends of mine have. They appear to be very addictive, kinda like crack but they are having fun & not hurting anyone, just their chances of getting laid but overall I cannot say good, bad or otherwise on them.

+ Reply to Thread