+ Reply to Thread

Thread: well im still up so

CherryCola's Avatar King Of The Swing

Default well im still up so

im over thinking

here it goes.

i have this friend known him for years. i adore him. hes maybe one of the best guys ive even met. Since we met ages ago wev'e always flirted just for fun but as the years went on..yeah im a dork and i fell for him. we live a fair bit apart so i just talked my self out of it (REALLY hard to do that by the way).. I didn't wanna lose his friendship because hes one of my best friends and i'd rather be friends for years than lovers for 6 months...(thats if he wouldnt reject me heh)asides he always said he didnt want a gf

now...he has this chick and i can't stand her one she just snubbs me and two i just get a total arrogant fake vibe of her one of those "i dont care what ppl say" when really they do. and 3 now someone else has him i think i its brought back up my feelings for him again.

I try to be nice about her with him but i keep these sly digs keep coming out.i cant help it but if she makes him happy thats fine i just want him to be happy but god to see her hit by a truck would make me smile.

at first i though its just me being jelous but other friends ive spoke to about it dont think shes good enough for him either...they seem to be getting closer and more serious...bahh i dunno what to do :s

sorry for my spelling and my babbling

Default Re: well im still up so

get a boyfriend!?

i dont want one thanks.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Are you sure she makes him happy? I was once in a relationship that lasted 18 months, but I only started going out with her because she wouldn't leave me alone.
    A person I know dumped his girlfriend just after she paid for a holiday in Whitby for them both, because he said it was going nowhere. Then the next week he was going out with this no personality bint that makes most people I know want to slap her. The only people that can stand her are the LARPers that introduced her to the lad.
    She seems to be a personality-leech, since she is seems to be taking on the characteristics of a girl she is planning to move in with. Can you say "Single White Female"?
    If this new girlfriend of your friend starts dressing like you, be worried and arrange to meet your friend to explain this. Take proof, since he may just think you're jealous. Get photos of her and ones of you that look similar.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

just tell him how you feel. yes, it will probably blow up in your face and be painful and humiliating, but that's life. that's not a good reason to avoid pursuing what could be a meanginful relationship, and worst it's just being dishonest to your self. even if things don't work out, what have you got to lose? you'll never know if you don't try and you will always wonder what might have been.

aw thanks guys... a group of us are crashing at his place soon..guess we'll see what happerns

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

Well, if your honest with him now, does your opinion of his girl count for much? And unless he falls into your arms right away, youd have to back off for a while, wouldn't ya? Sounds like some torturous times but sometimes we men need time to think.
    Or you could stick it out, wait until hes done with her and then make your move, hmm which is more torturous? I like the first option better, I'm not sure if its because it would be more effective or because its more dramatic.

as much as i'd like to wonder what if we hooked up...im not going to try im mainly wondering do i tell him what i think about his gf or do i let them do their thing.

I wasn't going to before cause i thought maybe i was wrong and just jelous now that i know people agree with me i dunno if i should or not.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Hahaha Aaaaaah the conflicts we create for ourselves!

First of all, I feel for ya girl! It sucks to not know where youstand emoptionally with someone. Even if the results can eventually be fun and all, that waiting period is always torturous!

I went out with a friend of mine about a year and a half ago. It was a great dating experience, although things didn't work out in any long term sense, we remained pals afterwards (with an awkward period in between breaking up and re-becoming friends of course)

I wish u the best of luck, whatever happens between you and him/ him and her..... sorry I don't have any advice, except do what you feel right doing :-) I swear it's not cop-out advice, that really is the best thing to do~~!!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

well he's your freind, not her. thier relationship doesn't neccesarily effect anyone else. I don't know why people always have to think that it does. if he expects that then he's just being unreasonable.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Don't be the one who is cheating with him, while he is with her.
    Wait until they break up.
    Which will probably happen eventually.

But you need to tell him how you feel. Don't make it all awkward, and totally "I'M SO IN LOVE WITH YOU!" or anything like that. Make it clear that you aren't trying to hook up, and you aren't trying to cause problems. But that if he ever has any interest in dating you, that you would be interested. That way it sets the seed. So if that girl really is lame, he will know he has you waiting. So he may decide not to put up with her. But if you never tell him, or wait too long, you could both spend years in crappy relationships with other people. I waited too long, and ended up having to wait an extra 6 years. And then she told me that if I would have asked way back then, before she got a lame boyfriend, that she totally would have gone out with me... Doh!

Just make sure to keep it casual, or else he may get freaked out about it. Make sure he knows you are cool with just staying friends, if that is what he wants. But that if he changes his mind, not to be afraid to ask you about it later...

+ Reply to Thread