+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What a day!

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Default What a day!

I went into San Francisco today to go to WonderCon. I almost didn't since I didn't feel like going by myself, but since I hadn't been since 2003, I thought I should go.

Justine Joli was a blast. We chatted briefly about Harry Potter and GITS. I love that she can quote from the Harry Potter books.

Cassandra Peterson was as lovely as ever, though a bit more distracted than when I had met her before. I think it was because she was ready to go.

I talked to Serena Valentino, the author of Nightmares & Fairy Tales from Slave Labor Graphics about writing comic book scripts.

Spent more than I should have.

I took a few photos, which I would have posted if my camera, backpack, wallet and keys weren't stolen from me at the Colesium BART station at gunpoint. I won't got into the details unless people are interested, but needless to say, I now no longer have the items listed above and nice little knot behind my left ear.

Oddly enough, though, what ticks me off the most is that with the loss of the backpack I have lost my updated version of my website for my documentary that was on a flash drive as well as the homework I need for school on Tuesday. My favorite pen with cartoon skulls all over it and my notebook with all my questions I ask when I conduct the interviews for my documentary is now also gone.

I need someone to give me a massage or rub my temples.

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

Default Re: What a day!

Wow,that sucks. I've never been mugged,but then again I've never been to San Francisco either,is it a common occurance there?
    And yes,I want to know details...btw,give me a p.o. box and I may be able to get you another pen w/ cartoon skulls,I sell them at Claire's lol
    Can't help w/ the massage though..long distant massages just lose something.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

ugh *hugs*
    glad youre okay though man.

That's pretty horrible. But glad your safe. I despise people like that who wont work for their bread and butter and would rather take than give.

On a lighter note, sounds like you had fun at wondercon! I'm sure other people will post photos on other sites about it..maybe your in one of them

Thanks guys!

DeviantMommy - This actually happened in Oakland. San Francisco can have it's issues at times, but Oakland is worse. Alas, I live in Oakland. Also, thanks for volunteering to replace my pen. Yeah, long distance massages suck. And I'll write up the details tomorrow. I need to get some sleep. I couldn't sleep last night and I need to get up early for my video porduction class tomorrow.

mmmcherry - :hugs back: Thanks, I really needed that.

Voldta - Thanks, guy. I agree with your sentiment there. I just don't understand why people do that kind of crap, and I'm usually pretty good at seeing the other point of view. I did have fun at WonderCon. It had me wondering why I don't go every year. I need to dress up next time I go though.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

sorry that happened to you... that area of oakland over by heggenberger/coliseum is probably the worst in the entire city.... south oakland sucks, but I'm glad you had a cool time at the convention.

Thanks. Actually, the neighborhood is somewhat improving. There's a huge condo complex being built near the BART station right now. They even put up trendy streetlights and a planted median on San Leandro near it. But the projects near the BART station still tends to be a blight in the neighborhood, which is where these kids probably came from. I'd still like to move out of the area, but I don't think we can afford a house elsewhere.

Yeah, I kept wondering why I'd not gone to WonderCon for the past few years while I was there.

Okay, the details of the mugging:

I got to the Colesium BART station and just got in my car and fastened my seat belt and just started up the car when someone tapped on my window. I looked out the window and say a young black male with his hoodie pulled up over his face holding a tiny revolver. He said "Give me your stuff."

The gun looked rather fake (I'd say with 98% certainty it was) to me so I then tried to put my car into reverse and just leave, when the passenger door opened up and another young black male leaned into the car and told me to give him all of my stuff. I told him I didn't have anything to give him. He tried to unbuckle my seat belt. I was trying to stop him from doing that, then I decided to just put the car into reverse and pull out of the parking lot. But when I tried that, he shoved the shifter back into park and reached over and pulled the keys out of the ignition and threw them onto the floor boards of the passenger side. Oddly enough, when I saw him do that, I just thought to myself, 'At least I can still drive home when this done.'

The second guy then stood up and the first guy handed him the gun over the car. He leaned back into the car and demanded I give him my stuff or he'd shoot me. I repeated I didn't have anything to give him. Meanwhile, the first guy opened the back door and took out my backpack and put it on. He didn't touch the two bags of stuff I purchased at WonderCon.

Since the second guy now had the gun much closer to me, I felt even more certain that the gun was fake grabbed it to either rip it from his hands or to twist his wrist. The first guy then opened the driver side door and punched me in the side of the head, right behind my left ear. I continued to hand wrestle with the second guy, who kept threatening to shoot me, until I felt the first guy trying to pull my wallet out of my pocket. I let go of the gun and tried to stop the first guy from removing my wallet, mainly by shifting my ass so I was sitting directly on it.

The second guy then stood back up but then he leaned back into the car and grabbed the keys off of the floor boards. 'Dammit,' I thought. 'Hopefully, he'll just toss them after they leave.' Unfortunately, I shifted my butt again when I was contemplating at trying to grab the keys from the second guy as he was picking them up making easier for the first guy to reach my wallet again. I tried to shift my butt again, but he had managed to grab the pocket, and since the jeans were slightly loose, I just shifted myself in them and the pocket was still partially exposed. He kept trying to pull the wallet from the pocket and said, "Why you doing this over something stupid?"

I replied, "Yeah, why are you doing this over something stupid?"

He then managed to pull the wallet from my pocket and he and the second guy took off running out of the parking lot. I quickly unbuckled my seat belt and watched them running, hoping they'd toss the keys, but they just ran into the darkness in the surrounding neighborhood. Probably less that a minute later, a BART police car drove by I flagged him down and told him what had just happened.

Jee-sus! That's just hellish,what a couple of chuckleheads. Who does that? How much do they really expect to gain from such a poorly planned,spur of the moment,half-assed robbery? Gaww..I would have been so livid. Atleast you weren't shot,it could have easily been a real gun,happens all the time for even less.

Fuckheads. Dude that sucks bad man.

Don't know whether its a good thing or bad thing you fought back but either way, damn. Worst I've had was some fuckhead who smacked me in the face when I was in my car driving this girl home. They decided that because I left the pub with her (a friend of mine btw, nothing more) that they'd follow cause I screwed their chances or something. That's all I could make out when they were following us anyways.

Got in the car and before i had a chance to shut the door the dude had smacked me in the eye. I got in, shut the door and ran the fuck over his foot and knocked his mate with the front end in teh process.

In any case, my condolences for the shit you lost. It's the stuff you can never recover that sucks the most. And as for hte interviews and shit, from someone thats had their tape (with an interview with Slipknot) get ground through the tape player, I completely understand!

DeviantMommy, it's not necessary to replace my skull pen, but if you feel compelled, my PO Box address is:

John F. Ashton-Keller
    No. 231
    1271 Washington Ave.
    San Leandro CA 94577

Thanks.

=( Ugh,we don't have any skull pens left at my store!
    I'll make a few calls tomorrow and see if any of the other stores can send one over. Red,Pink or White skulls?

White would be good. Just not red. I seem to always get physically hurt around the color red.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessBill
    White would be good. Just not red. I seem to always get physically hurt around the color red.
    Don't hang out with M Night Shyamalan.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Glad to see you're ok. Fuckwits like that should be hung from their feet after being forced to walk over broken glass. Then pour vinegar into the wounds. That might teach them to not do it again.

Saucy Pirate Wench

*hugs* Oh baby! *hugs* at least you weren't hurt! Something awful should happen to those two fuck heads, definitely. *hugs* You're OK and they didn't take anything else.

S

Thanks ScarlettSin. I definitely need those hugs. *blush* *hugs*

I'm hoping karma will catch up with those guys.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

It was a while ago but that fucking sucks.
    And I wish I had arrived at the Con way earlier.

Yea, even though it was awhile ago..it wasn't a cop that mugged you was it?

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Yea, even though it was awhile ago..it wasn't a cop that mugged you was it?
    Nope. I don't think the two fellows were even out of high school yet if they were even still attending.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessBill
    Thanks ScarlettSin. I definitely need those hugs. *blush* *hugs*

I'm hoping karma will catch up with those guys.
    i wish i could catch up with those guys to help administer some freaking "karma" to them...

i wish i had been there... never bring a fake gun to a mugging...

on a side note, they will probably get shot in the future because a fake gun that looks real enough means cops are going to shoot first and ask questions later...

+ Reply to Thread