+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WHY CAN'T waking up in the morning be a little bit easier g*d d*mn it?!?!??!

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default WHY CAN'T waking up in the morning be a little bit easier g*d d*mn it?!?!??!

Every night I struggle with falling asleep. I play this meditational CD that relaxes me with the sounds of Crystal Bowls being played like bells by monks or something. This is actually the only thing that has ever helped me to fall asleep (other than alcohol). But it doesn't really help that much. It makes it mildly more tolerable to lay in bed tossing and turning and squirming around trying to get comfortable. And even more annoying, my lover man falls asleep in under 5 minutes. I am not even exaggerating. It's like he has a secret switch he can click on and off.

And then comes morning. I cannot wake up. No.... scratch that.... I cannot get out of bed. I am so resentful of how little sleep I have gotten and so bitter that my sleep is interrupted by every ray of light, every sound for blocks around our house, that I lay in bed hoping for that extra 10 minutes of slumber that I fantasize will make me feel rested. But it never comes, I can never fall back asleep after the first time I am woken.

WHY??? Why can't I sleep? I don't want to take pills, I don't want to drink every night, I don't want to suffocate myself with a pillow. What can I do???????

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

Default Re: WHY CAN'T waking up in the morning be a little bit easier g*d d*mn it?!?!??!

I've been forced into the position where I have to accept my body's "quirks" for a long time now, and try to make the best of them, I think most doctors would try to correct some kind of imbalance you may have with pills, or lifestyle changes.
    I have always found myself having so many medical/physical problems that its easier to adjust your mind to the fact that they are happening and go about your daily life, probably really reallly bad advice..your body may be trying to tell you something, have you been feeding on the blood of the living?

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

Default Re: WHY CAN'T waking up in the morning be a little bit easier g*d d*mn it?!?!??!

I have the exact same problem,even down to the part about my husband having some weird sleep switch which infuriates me to no end. On top of it he snores like nobodies business which doesn't help. Then the next morning,I HAVE to get up at 8am because that's when my daughter gets up,and my husband sleeps like a dead man. Sometimes I can take a nap later when my daughter does if I'm not working that day,but it always just serves to make me even more tired. I feel like it's really effecting my attitude too. But it's been going on so long,I guess I've kind of accepted it. I've always had trouble falling asleep,since I was a kid.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I used to have that problem, then I got a job I like and no more problem

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Would you be able to take occasional naps during the day? Like sleep a few hours at night and a few during the day? My Grandpa did his whole life. Worked like a charm.

OEC

i really like sleeping. i can sleep very easily... IF i get to bed... if i stay up... not so much...

my body has two preset times where i can sleep, if i get to bed at 10p, i sleep like a champion, rocketting out of bed at 4a, and able to face the day...

...if not i can get 'okay' sleep at 2a... and get up... like around 10a? noon? whatever...

if i don't make it to bed at 2a... pfffft... i sleep in till 3p or when ever, just before i have to go to work...

it totally doesn't fit my lifestyle, but sleep at 10p is the BEST... i feel so good when i do that.

Bedlamite

Become a vampire, sleep the day away! ( ^_^ )

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    Become a vampire, sleep the day away! ( ^_^ )
    In a coffin!
    Blood, blood!
    mnem mnem mnem!

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

At what hour do I just give up??????

Bedlamite

*laughs* Well, a coffin does block out that pesky light...

Poor Scar. I think some people are just geared to be night people. I've never been worth a shite in the morning... Or for that matter, in much daylight at all. I would always have really horrid insomnia that would keep me up most of the night, and finally want to start sleeping when dawn would finally come.

I'd suggest if you -do- have insomnia this bad, to consider trying to change your schedual if you can. Try to be active in the late afternoon-evening time, and try sleeping in the mornings, or whenever it is your body says that you need to be sleeping.

Otherwise, there is just the suggestion of herbal store helps like Melatonin, Valerian, Chamomile and Lavender. ( ^-^ )

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I don't have too many problems falling asleep at night, providing there is no artificial light in the room. Waking up, quarter to five each morning, is also no problem. Waking up with the old Morning Glory is becoming something of an interesting - still daily - experience, better in summer than in winter. In winter the porcelain sink I stand in front of is cold, and when the Morning Glory fades it tends to relax onto the cold china unexpectedly.

+ Reply to Thread