+ Reply to Thread

Thread: San Fran

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Default San Fran

Ok guys and girls I'm in San Fran next week and staying near Stanford in Palo Alto. I won't have a car though so who can recommend what interesting places to visit?

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default Re: San Fran

staying in palo alto with no car is going to leave you pretty fucked. there's not even a bart station anywhere near there. see china town... itr's the best one in the US....... period.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

I agree with Voltaire. If you can somehow get out to SF, Chinatown is fun.

For art, there is SFMOMA. The Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park is holding an expo on carnivorous plants.

What are you interested in? Nightlife? Touristy stuff? Other things?

I live out here in the SF Bay.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessBill
    For art, there is SFMOMA. The Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park is holding an expo on carnivorous plants.
    Oh, I would be so into that! I really miss all the awesome museums in SF.

Last time I was up that way, I took the ferry from Fisherman's Warf to Sausalito, drove to the highest point I could on Mount Tamalpais with my Mom and then we hiked the rest of the way to the fire station lookout tower at the very top. I really should dig some of those pictures up. I used to really love taking the ferry to Angel Island when I was growing up too. It's really nice to explore all the trails and stuff there.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exquisite
    Ok guys and girls I'm in San Fran next week and staying near Stanford in Palo Alto. I won't have a car though so who can recommend what interesting places to visit?
    I grew up out there. I really need a better idea of what you're into tho. Clubs I'd have to check on. I'll only give a heads-up to the folks who ran Usher. Coyt Tower has an amazing fucking view at nite. I recommend it.

OEC

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Oh, I would be so into that! I really miss all the awesome museums in SF.

Last time I was up that way, I took the ferry from Fisherman's Warf to Sausalito, drove to the highest point I could on Mount Tamalpais with my Mom and then we hiked the rest of the way to the fire station lookout tower at the very top. I really should dig some of those pictures up. I used to really love taking the ferry to Angel Island when I was growing up too. It's really nice to explore all the trails and stuff there.
    Great suggestions here too. Mount Tam is awesome

OEC

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I'm there for a conference all next week and I have all day Tuesday to myself to do pretty much anything. Probably won't hit the clubs as I have to be up early the next day (Yay business traveling) however museums and shopping are high on my list. I have some info on how to get into town, even though I am rideless so it should be pretty fun.

Looking forward to it and thanks for all the responses =)

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Quote Originally Posted by Exquisite
    Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I'm there for a conference all next week and I have all day Tuesday to myself to do pretty much anything. Probably won't hit the clubs as I have to be up early the next day (Yay business traveling) however museums and shopping are high on my list. I have some info on how to get into town, even though I am rideless so it should be pretty fun.

Looking forward to it and thanks for all the responses =)
    Downtown would be the best place to go then. Shopping in Union Square and SFMOMA and Yuerba Buena for museums. I'd also so the Asian Art Museum in Civic Center, but they may be a little out of the way if you only have a day.

Enjoy your visit and the conference.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

all I can say is read Cometbus. I don't remember which issue. but somewhere in there it talks about things to do in SF. and also, since you will not know which one, trying to find that part it will give you something to do.

on a semi-related note, is it just me or does san francisco export all of it's black people to oakland? I can just think of this line of people in the city going up to a guy with a clipboard and saying, "I'm gay." and he says,"Ok. Gay. Check. You're going to San Fran." Next one comes up. "I'm black." Guy says "Ok. Black. Check. You're going to Oakland." Next one. "I'm an artist." Guy: "Ok. Gay. Check. San Fran."

+ Reply to Thread