+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Is My Skin So Shitty?????

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Why Is My Skin So Shitty?????

I eat well, I exercise I wash and moisturize. I try not to pick (TRY being the optimal word here). I tried some crazy hormonal drug the doctor gave me and my skin DID look great, but it made me miss my period on the second month and I stopped taking it, followed by 10 days of hideous depression, which reinforced my opinion that those pills are NOT beneficial!!! I tried drinking hemp seed oil for the Omega Fatty Acid 3-6-9 that's in there and my skin looked better, but I couldn't figure out if the hemp oil was actually what helped it or it was just a fluke.

Anyone have any miraculous cures for adult acne they'd like to share????? (I am not gonna take crazy acutane or anything, no sir!!!)

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Why Is My Skin So Shitty?????

most of the people I know that had bad acne that would't go away took accutane and it worked great, they tried everything else before that and it was the only thing that worked.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Messed up skin is no fun. I got bit in like four spots by a wicked spider the other night and half my face is swollen and exploding and hurty and it totally sucks. I'd tell you any secrets if I knew any good ones. You already drink mostly water too, which should help a bunch.

Was that a regular doctor or a dermatologist?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hydraulic oil works for me

Bedlamite

I have the pimple problem... So when I shower I used Acne Facewash, followed by a nice witchhazel toner, then a layer of Clean&Clear dual action moisturizer (with salicylic acid acne medication). You can add to that (to clear up rough spots) The Biore anti-acne makeup remover wipes. Kill'em Dead!!!

Well, start at the top. What do you wash with? what do you moisturize with?

A little bit of sun helps a lot. Not a lot is needed, and too much can be bad, but something as little as 15 minutes a day will likely make a big difference. For some reason I don't think you will take that advice.

You will often see me with pimples, but mostly cause I don't follow my own advice.

fedora's Avatar Member

Apart from the fact that your skin looks perfect ..

I've had terrible skin due to stress, and my acne problems got resolved by using a natural cure, Bach's flower (you have to go to the chemist, who will suggest the mixture that'll suits you best)..then I'm using anticonceptional pill as well, and it never gave me problems..it helped maintaining my skin pure..

Make-up can clog your pores and in turn the pores have a minor infectiona nd cause a zit.

shiki's Avatar nappy headed ho

I agree. Keep make-up off of your face, especially stuff like concealer. There is something called black soap from Africa that clears your complexion.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

heh gross... but... hemmoroid cream... it works. personally ive never had to try it but it works!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    heh gross... but... hemmoroid cream... it works. personally ive never had to try it but it works!
    I'm pretty sure that is for bags, not acne.

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

I have the same problem i really hate my skin i was born with rough hands and it's like i have eternal goosebumps. So i sympathise but at least your incredibly gorgeous as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    ive heard it works for both... i would guess more for spot treatment for acne though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G

Pretty sure you gotta apply it a little lower then that..

/plays worlds smallest set of drums ba dum swish.

I haven't had exceptional problems with my skin, thank god, but I know a few people use the sort of exfoliating face scrub, then moisturise and follow up with Clean and Clear pimple shit which apparently does make a huge difference.

Good luck with it! Pimples suck, acne sucks and I'm so glad I only got hit during high-school!

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

how about that stuff they sell on TV PROACTIV tried that yet?
    if you dont try it,.. you wont know right.

Noisy's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    I eat well, I exercise I wash and moisturize. I try not to pick (TRY being the optimal word here). I tried some crazy hormonal drug the doctor gave me and my skin DID look great, but it made me miss my period on the second month and I stopped taking it, followed by 10 days of hideous depression, which reinforced my opinion that those pills are NOT beneficial!!! I tried drinking hemp seed oil for the Omega Fatty Acid 3-6-9 that's in there and my skin looked better, but I couldn't figure out if the hemp oil was actually what helped it or it was just a fluke.

Anyone have any miraculous cures for adult acne they'd like to share????? (I am not gonna take crazy acutane or anything, no sir!!!)
    For acne I use; Neutrogena Sun Shield Day Lotion!
    Haven't had any acne in more than a year after that
    And for dry skin I use some olive oil and sugar mixed together and rub it on my face and then wash it off. Works great!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

henorhoid creme works great for hemoroids..unfortunately hemoroids are nothing like pimples

try evening primrose

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

if i don't follow my normal rountine i;ll get the dreded acne: neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser, alcohol free toner, and oil free moisturizer. and st ives apricot scrub a couple of times a week. man, that actually sounds like way more work than it is... haha

i am 100% in love with st ives apricot scrub <3<3<3
    and the dove stuff with cucumber and green tea! mmm.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

there is the goth bad skin loop

1. wear lots of gothy makeup
    2. lots of makeup makes skin yukky
    3. wear more makeup to cover yukky skin
    4. return to 2, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by grebo
    there is the goth bad skin loop

1. wear lots of gothy makeup
    2. lots of makeup makes skin yukky
    3. wear more makeup to cover yukky skin
    4. return to 2, repeat
    I wear eyeliner and that's it. No bad skin for me!

liver flushes work well.

skin is a direct reflection of the condition of the liver.

google it.

hope you find something that works really well for you.

tatum radcliffe's Avatar Senior Member

the Procativ stuff does work. Some times you can find it at the mall for half off what they want for it on the informercials. However, it bleaches everything! I went through two sets of black pillow cases before I said screw it and bought white ones. Also, you'll need a good moisterizer. Cetophil is the best. They also make gentle face wash. My dermatologist recommended it. There is a generic alternative, but it doesn't work as well. Sunscreen is your friend as well. I have to use that as my moiseterizer. Skin friendly make up is another choice. Good luck. I know what a major pain in the ass it is.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

ella bache Crème Intex No. 2. I'm serious this shit is a f** miracle. not cheap and contains fish oil plus you wouldn't wear it out on that critical date with a golf professional but babe I've told chix about this stuff and they say it's the only thing that definitely works (well i don't know about the medical/hormonal treatments but this is non-metabolism-invasive) and when I'm next nosily poking through their cupboards I can see that they've run off and bought a tub of it. i want to get some more myself. i liked it so much i bought the company (in my dreams). yes i dream of unmentionable acts with fish oil and beauticians.

mr_d's Avatar rock star/internet geek
    everywhere and anywhere. I was a nomad till I was old enough to live on my own. I now consider Denver to be my hometown even thought I'm a New Yorker now.

I took accutane for a couple of years when I was in my late teens/early twenties, be careful if you use it because it makes you looney.

Now that I'm older I just use face wash and moisturizer from Origins. It's all natural, I've found that ever since I've switched to deparment store skin care from grocery store skin care my acne hasn't been much of a problem. The only time I really get breakouts now is if I'm not eating right or not getting enough sleep, those two things will always give me problems.

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

I suggest you visit a Chinese medicine doctor. They will take a look at a lot of different things, food, environment, stress, if you take stimulants and they consider hot food and coffee major stimulants along with the rest. You would be surprised how their advice will work wonders without taking harsh pharmeceuticals.

how is hot food a stimulant compared to cold food i wonder?
    either one is good for me... its pretty rare when i actually dont like some type of cold food... mmmmm cold pizza....

Scar, I thought you had the most flawless skin known to mankind!!!
    I use Johnson's Baby Shampoo/Body wash chamomile and lavender on my face. Anything else over strips and dries me out, causing more probs that lead to breakouts.

My skin's issues are WORST on the rest of my body.
    Exfoliation is a MUST, and then I follow up with Olay Body Quench. (sensitive skin formula)
    I've tried all kinds of lotions, and as far as I'm concerned, this lotion is in a class by itself, and has no equal.
    It doesnt feel greasy at all, and it works like it says it does, FOR ONCE!!!
    Try it and lemme know how ya like it.
    It makes my skin pearlescent. and Oh so smooth!!! AND keeps my skin as breakout free as realistically possible.
    I've never had such success.... EVER!
    And when I run out, I'll go back to my old skin condition. So I know just how reliable it truly is.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

I have stopped eating cow ilk products in an effort to repair my skin. I was told by an old dermatologist that it causes an overproduction of testosterone in the body which causes pores to become blocked.... It has been nearly amonth and my skin has cleared up IMMENSLY! It's like it's not even my skin! I a so so happy. BTW, OrganizeKhaos, my skin fluctuates between being tolerable and broken out. Sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesn't..... make-up and photoshop help too :-)

Kat's Avatar Member

DIY.

I make my own products for breakouts. An apple and honey mask first, followed by a lemon-lime sugar scrub.

The mask is grated apple, honey, olive oil and wheatgerm, about two tablespoons of each, apply to face and leave for 15 minutes, then rinse in the shower, and use a scrub of two tablespoons sugar mixed with equal portions lemon and lime juice, enough to make it thick, grainy goop. Make a lager amount if you want to use it over your whole body for lovely smooth delicious smelling skin. Both products will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for about a week, and your skin will feel fresh, clean and noticeably clearer. According to my boyfriend, you'll also smell and taste great too

mmmmm scrub... im gonna try that sugar scrub awesome recipes! (and wont taste horrid if you accidentally get it in your mouth... yeah dont ask. im bad with face wash.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    I have stopped eating cow ilk products in an effort to repair my skin. I was told by an old dermatologist that it causes an overproduction of testosterone in the body which causes pores to become blocked.... It has been nearly amonth and my skin has cleared up IMMENSLY! It's like it's not even my skin! I a so so happy. BTW, OrganizeKhaos, my skin fluctuates between being tolerable and broken out. Sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesn't..... make-up and photoshop help too :-)
    Thats like mine. Milk is responsible for that?

That makes sense. I drink insane amounts of milk. I used to drink close to a gallon a day, but I developed kidney stones, and cut back. But I still drink a lot. On and off. And now that you mention it, I think my skin is clearer when I dont drink as much milk.
    How do you get calcium?

a scrub of two tablespoons sugar mixed with equal portions lemon and lime juice,
    omg i love you to death i made the scrub and im in love!!!!!
    marry me

I use sugar to exfoliate. What happens when you mix the lemon and lime?

dunno... it makes it more like a facewash iguess, not just the sugar... smells fabulous... yum!

+ Reply to Thread