+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you get headaches when the seasons change?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you get headaches when the seasons change?

I've had a bit of a headache including sinus pressure for the past couple weeks and a freaking horrid headache for the past three days. Does anyone else here get headaches when the seasons change or hay fever?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Do you get headaches when the seasons change?

oh yeah, no hay fever but some nasty wierd headaches.....never knew there where seasons in LA

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I get headaches when the weather patterns change too much, they usually aren't that bad though.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I suffer from hay fever, pretty much from the start of Spring until Autumn comes. It costs me a fortune in Anti-histermines. Add to that the fact that it gets too hot to do my work, but I am still forced to do it, means a lot of sweat. One of the rules in hot weather is to avoid strenuous activities. Problem is, if your work entails strenuous activity, what else can you do.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

not when seasons change, but i get really horrid heat migraines... advil liquigels are awesum though.
    when its winter or summer i get super dry itch skin. yuck.
    and my brother gets seasonal-change nosebleeds... for like half an hour. its gross.

Wow. I don't really get too much. I normally get an annoying cold going from winter to spring and then into summer but it usually doesn't last much longer than a week at a time. been keeping bloody wel lately actually but I attribute that to the gym and eating well!

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

JUst Bronchitis twice a year

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    not when seasons change, but i get really horrid heat migraines... advil liquigels are awesum though.
    when its winter or summer i get super dry itch skin. yuck.
    and my brother gets seasonal-change nosebleeds... for like half an hour. its gross.
    I'm a polar bear. I can't handle much heat at all, especially not humid heat. I just melt. My head hurts, my whole body hurts, I can't think, and just generally feel like death in a blender. I'm a BIG fan of central A/C.

I'm totally with you on the Advil liquigels. Scar went and got me some yesterday and they definitely helped my headache, although it is oddly persisting in milder form in the back of my brainpan.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

ohhh., hay fever, i get it. here in maine it can go from winter to spring on a day and back to winter in another day and then to summer in another day (hello, sneezing!) but luckily we've got the hot summer weather now til august-ish, so my allergies should be ok. i've lived here my whole life but i still think it's weird how it can be below zero in winter and like 90 in summer (like it is today! ok, 80-ish).

ahh amelia... if i get a headache that goes 90% away with the liquigels, i take something with it, like a motrin, that will last longer, that sometimes helps

oooops sorry didnt mean to post 3 times!

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

When it switches to the hot months, my temperature fluctuates so much. I get heat induced headaches. I drink plenty of water and all...but yeah I usually take a tylenol or other ibuprofen to help keep my body temp even.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

No so much headaches as more my left knee starts acting and man does it fucking hurt.

AnnieAnatomy's Avatar Wanted in all states

I get colds during seasonal changes- not bad though, just blocked nose. But the thing that really irritates is my tailbone: I had a horse accident as a kid and it never healed right so in winter it aches.

wicked events in NJ!

Yes. I can totally tell when the weather's changing, especially for the worse...because the pressure in my ears starts, and then my eyes, and then my head. I get sinus pressure headaches with the change of weather/season. They used to develop into migraines, too, but now I'm on meds that help with that. (And, I super <3 Advil Liquigels, when I do get one, too. ...they're the only non prescription thing that works.... and I've tried many, many, many of them).

liquigels for teh win!
    motrin super works for me too but takes a freakin long time... what meds do you take for your migraines wickedfaire?

I don't get headaches per se, I get sinus infections (which does induce sinus pressure headaches). Dx
    It was torture for me earlier in the spring is fixing to turn into summer in Florida. The weather would be 40 degrees one day and 80 the next. Oh the pain! >_<

thats when you just get a deep freeze to sleep in haha!

c4wolf's Avatar Member

might want to have your eyes check just in case . cured my two yr headace when i put glasses on... seems that slight change in corrections of my eyes for reading made all the difference for me.....

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I'm a polar bear. I can't handle much heat at all, especially not humid heat. I just melt. My head hurts, my whole body hurts, I can't think, and just generally feel like death in a blender. I'm a BIG fan of central A/C.

I'm totally with you on the Advil liquigels. Scar went and got me some yesterday and they definitely helped my headache, although it is oddly persisting in milder form in the back of my brainpan.
    I hear you on the humidity. I think that is probably what is dragging you down. I have no problems in any other weather. It will hit here soon, but I tend to adjust my schedule to limit my time outside.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread