+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fear Factory

Default Fear Factory

Well, I've got a knack for purchasing second hand discs online through eBay, forums, from shops and from mates. I just bought a stack of disks from a bloke recently and was sifting through the stack to find that all the Fear Factory disks are signed

Woo, double checked with a piercing mate that normally hangs with them on tour (when they're actually in Australia), compared my disks with his signed and we have a match.

It's a nice surprise to round out a fairly boring day.

Anyone else relish in collecting signed merchandise?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Fear Factory

I have a few autographs. I always thought the phenominon was rather wierd, like so what if someone writes thier name down? what's the big deal about that?

I remember one time me and a buddy where hanging out somewhere and there was some local ashley simpson wannabe that of course we'd never heard of singing autographs. we'll, we had nothing to do so we BSed with the security gaurds and for a laugh they gave us some tickets to get in the line. so there we are with nothing but like 13 year old girls and us, and the singer was like "these guys listen to my music?" hah.

don't remember what happened, but somehow we managed to meet the backup band and we hung out with them and shot the shit, and it turned out that they were really cool guys that were serious musicians and they thought that chick was a bitch and a diva (note: that they weren't signing the autographs) and they just played with her cuz it was a gig and a chance. so it turned out to be a pretty cool experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I have a few autographs. I always thought the phenominon was rather wierd, like so what if someone writes thier name down? what's the big deal about that?

I remember one time me and a buddy where hanging out somewhere and there was some local ashley simpson wannabe that of course we'd never heard of singing autographs. we'll, we had nothing to do so we BSed with the security gaurds and for a laugh they gave us some tickets to get in the line. so there we are with nothing but like 13 year old girls and us, and the singer was like "these guys listen to my music?" hah.

don't remember what happened, but somehow we managed to meet the backup band and we hung out with them and shot the shit, and it turned out that they were really cool guys that were serious musicians and they thought that chick was a bitch and a diva (note: that they weren't signing the autographs) and they just played with her cuz it was a gig and a chance. so it turned out to be a pretty cool experience.
    Yeah it happens man. I'm not a huge fan of the signature getting thing but it was still a nice surprise.

I've always wondered about the back up dudes in those bands. It always fucks me off how it's the singers name up front, especially when the band tours and the singer doesn't for the most part write the music.

Good to hear you can respect em though, something that needs to be done I guess.

Ive had Chevelle sign their second cd in a free parking lot concert years ago, had NIN on a tour poster, Recently had Ronan from VNV Nation to sign the VNV Nation goggles I made. I mostly give all this stuff away in contests though. I mean there just signatures to me..Everybodys got one

I'd write more but i dont feel good ;(

Good find though! Keep em safe if you collect them

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Ive had Chevelle sign their second cd in a free parking lot concert years ago, had NIN on a tour poster, Recently had Ronan from VNV Nation to sign the VNV Nation goggles I made. I mostly give all this stuff away in contests though. I mean there just signatures to me..Everybodys got one

I'd write more but i dont feel good ;(

Good find though! Keep em safe if you collect them
    Ahh yes. It's different when you're giving them away but people cherish them so much. I guess for some it's like a record of meeting a hero or the ability to take something home with them, like a set list.

I'll be keeping them close for now .. but I'm seriously considering pawning them off to fund my trip to the UK.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

ehh honestly the autographes i care more about are the ones from the bands my friends are in. i get em to sign their cds and little concert fliers just for souveneirs

Quote Originally Posted by StolenName
    Ahh yes. It's different when you're giving them away but people cherish them so much. I guess for some it's like a record of meeting a hero or the ability to take something home with them, like a set list.

I'll be keeping them close for now .. but I'm seriously considering pawning them off to fund my trip to the UK.
    This is true. I would love to have met like Johnny Cash and had his sig. I think when the celebrity is dead it is more meaning full..as of course you can't get them anymore!

This is true. I would love to have met like Johnny Cash and had his sig. I think when the celebrity is dead it is more meaning full..as of course you can't get them anymore!
    Well they're definitely worth more $$$ and I guess it's another mark they've left on someone(s CD).

Johnny Cash is one of my heroes as well actually but I think i would have preferred to sit and chat than take his signature, or maybe even just take a photo of him playing guitar or something.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i have an old skinny puppy maxi single signed by what i hope was a bandmember - i bought it secondhand.

most of my autograph collection is for authors. i have almost everything written by the author, Caitlin Kiernan, signed, if not also numbered.

i will be on the look out to get some things signed by the band Otep.

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    i have an old skinny puppy maxi single signed by what i hope was a bandmember - i bought it secondhand.

most of my autograph collection is for authors. i have almost everything written by the author, Caitlin Kiernan, signed, if not also numbered.

i will be on the look out to get some things signed by the band Otep.
    Ive got some of Skinny Puppy caution tape and Williams guitarpick from two of their shows. I value those more than signatures. It's more of a "memoribilia" thing..like "yep...i got peices to a puzzle ill never complete" heh.

Ive got some of Skinny Puppy caution tape and Williams guitarpick from two of their shows. I value those more than signatures. It's more of a "memoribilia" thing..like "yep...i got peices to a puzzle ill never complete" heh.
    I have Dimebag Darrell and Guitar Wolf picks. They're two of my heroes and sitting on a necklace I never wear for fear of losing it.

+ Reply to Thread