+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long does it take you to get ready to go out?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default How long does it take you to get ready to go out?

People always joke about guys not liking how long it takes a chick to get ready, but most of the guys and chicks I hang out with take a while if they are really getting ready getting ready. Sometimes I wouldn't mind hitting the town, but the thought of pulling on my hair or putting paint on my face is more than I can bear. Which means sometimes I am underdressed and sometimes I just skip stuff because I don't feel like taking a long time getting ready. Mind you, in the right headspace with some free time, I love to do it up.

How long does it take you to get ready to go out?

Do you mind waiting for someone else to get ready if they are really doing it up?

Default Re: How long does it take you to get ready to go out?

Bout...30 if its formal

10 if its for daily crap.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

How long does it take to say 'ugh... I don't feel like it tonight'?

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    How long does it take to say 'ugh... I don't feel like it tonight'?
    That can take me like twelve hours.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

the time it takes me to put on some pants and walk out the door. that is assuming that I have some kind of prior plans, if it's a matter of trying to decide or figure out something to do, then probably never.

One time I went over to this girls house and we were going to go to the movies. I think it was around 3 in the afternoon. Apparently she had to do her laundry, so it was a bit longer than usual. But in the time it took her to get ready I watched two movies and took a nap. Finally she said, "Ok. I'm ready to go." and I said, "that's nice. but It's 11 o clock. No movies are playing anymore."

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

well wehn i get dressed i always put on the first thing i see, the shirt thats at the top of the drawer, first pair of pants i reach into the closet etc. my wardrobe is prety much black t-shirts and blue jeans. Id say the average time is about 5 minutes 10 if i comb my hair if not i just put on a hat

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Never been one to just jump out of bed and dash out the door. I like to take time to wake up. If I'm already awake, and am just getting dressed, I can be dressed and ready in 30 minutes, depending on which boots I put on. Some take a while to lace up. I have one pair that if I lace them up all the way, and do up the buckles over them, they take 10 minutes by themselves!

fedora's Avatar Member

Hours!

Seriously talking, usually getting dressed, put a lot of make up on my face, choose the gauntlets/ gloves that looks best on my long dress and lace the corset without anyone's help take me an hour and a half, more or less...but I'm always on time, and I hate waiting for people who are never ready to go out!!

Bedlamite

It takes me 2 hours, but mostly because I'm soley in charge of the makeup and dressing of both myself and boy. It can be upwards of 4 hours if you add the other people in my life, who want to go clubbing and want me to dress/make them up...

Don't get me started about Halloween!

Maximum of 30 minutes on any given occasion. If I've got a rough idea of where I'm going plus shower, 20 minutes. If we're going somewhere I know have a dress code, then I really have to bloody think about it cause I normally don't make it into metro clubs, though alot of my mates head out to them.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

ugh...if im gunna wear make up it usually takes me 2 hours including showering and all

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    ugh...if im gunna wear make up it usually takes me 2 hours including showering and all
    WHAT?! HOW?! alright.

I don't understand the make up thing, even if I'm going out doing the "tart" or "entirely purple" trick, it still doesn't take longer than twenty minutes to apply the make-up tops.

Well I have to brush my teeth and maybe a clean t-shirt if it is formal other wise the time it takes to get to the door.

Well, normal day it will take twenty to thirty minutes to do my hair and shave where needed.
    to go out on the town, hour plus easy. Shower, shave, clothing, hair make up, boots, any last minute things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainline_Iodine
    Well, normal day it will take twenty to thirty minutes to do my hair and shave where needed.
    to go out on the town, hour plus easy. Shower, shave, clothing, hair make up, boots, any last minute things.
    Haha. Boots? Mmm, my standard boots are lace/zip and buckles. Without the zip I'd be pushing twenty minutes just for the boots hahaha

mr_d's Avatar rock star/internet geek
    everywhere and anywhere. I was a nomad till I was old enough to live on my own. I now consider Denver to be my hometown even thought I'm a New Yorker now.

Takes me about an hour and a half. Add like 40 minutes if I need shower and blow dry my hair.

Normal day for me: somewhere between half an hour and about a minute, depending on whether I take a bath or just splash water on my face, brush my teeth, and pull on clothes

Going out on the town: minimum of an hour if I'm not really bothering, up to essentially all day if I'm really doing it up for something with a costume or whatever and we're including clothing selection or acquisition time, probably two or three hours with bath and blowdry and makeup if clothing is already selected

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

well it takes me an hour to put my mohawk up, if i Don't do that then it's like 30 minutes tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    well it takes me an hour to put my mohawk up, if i Don't do that then it's like 30 minutes tops.
    I guess I don't fuss with my hair, at all. It's either shaved, shortish and done with gel in less than five minutes or growing, in which case I leave the shower and do the equivalent of a dog shake before heading out. I like the scruffy look, plus my hair is dead straight.

When I did have a mohawk, even then it was only about two inches tall and looked more like a centurion, taking bugger all time to prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by StolenName
    I guess I don't fuss with my hair, at all. It's either shaved, shortish and done with gel in less than five minutes or growing, in which case I leave the shower and do the equivalent of a dog shake before heading out. I like the scruffy look, plus my hair is dead straight.

When I did have a mohawk, even then it was only about two inches tall and looked more like a centurion, taking bugger all time to prepare.
    ahh yeah, mines about 12x as tall as yours was so it takes a really really longtime

Yeah, I have a pair of 20 hole docs that don't zip. gotta lace em everytime.

ahh yeah, mines about 12x as tall as yours was so it takes a really really longtime

Holy fucking shit...

After posting I kind of thought that I should have asked how tall yours was. By the looks of things it'd suit being down as well though.

That was mine. It grew out another half inch or so after the pic was taken before I shaved it back for work ... I feel severely inadquate though having seen your pic

Sorry for double posting...

I wish I could get away with having hair that short.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Yeah...my hair is just about as long as yours kidthorazine.

Anyways, Shower, Shave, and Get dressed takes me about 45minutes 1hr tops

If I don't really care, about 20 minutes (I spend too long picking out what goes under the clothes).
    If I do care, it takes about an hour.
    If it's for something that I need to spend time on my hair, well, with 32" of hair, depending on the look/style I'm going for with my hair add anywhere from an extra hour to three extra hours...

And yet somehow it only takes seconds to get undressed.

I wish I could get away with having hair that short.
    haha. It just requires a razor!! Don't suppose you have pics of yourself with short hair or have those memories been thrown to teh back of your mind haha

Quote Originally Posted by StolenName
    haha. It just requires a razor!! Don't suppose you have pics of yourself with short hair or have those memories been thrown to teh back of your mind haha
    I haven't had short hair in years, but I always look a lot better better long hair.

I haven't had short hair in years, but I always look a lot better better long hair.
    I'm always stuck between the two. When I have long hair I wish I could shave it again, then when it's shaved, I just want to grow it out. It's horrible. Maybe I should go for an undercut!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

id like to know what kind of footwear some of you are wearing , cause i lace up my 14 hole boots evry mornin before work and it still only takes me like 15 minutes to get ready

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    id like to know what kind of footwear some of you are wearing , cause i lace up my 14 hole boots evry mornin before work and it still only takes me like 15 minutes to get ready
    I've got a pair of Demonia boots .. not sure how many holes but they've got a nice zipper so I don't really care. I wear cons most of hte time which pretty much slip on and off or I'm wearing work shoes.

Unless I have to relace my boots, it doesn't take longer than a minute to get shoes on.

shiki's Avatar nappy headed ho

My husband takes longer than me to get ready, not because he's primping but because he's a slowpoke..it drives me nuts.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

The best thing about helping with our club is we get there before everyone else and can do the final touchs while we're setting up.

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

If I make myself 1 hour, general a good average is 2 hours and if I have to do all my hair 3? I just like to take my time to get ready so that is why it take so long.

+ Reply to Thread