+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do You Take Care Of Yourself????

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Do You Take Care Of Yourself????

I have been on a health kick. I seem to go in spurts, but each time I get into a health binge it seems to become more permanent. Slowely I have started to over ride my unhealthy habits, except those one's I WANT to keep of course.

Lately other than my ribbon acrobatics class I have been going on fairly frequent runs with my doggie, Selene. I have also been doing Yoga, although I have shitty balance so it's a challenge on those days when I am feeling less than 100% ! I cut cow milk out of my diet, as my old dermatologist told me it causes an overproduction of testosterone and that's why my skin breaks out. Amazingly, my skin is getting better and better each day!! So I think this health kick is working :-)

How about you all, do you take care of yourself???

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Default Re: Do You Take Care Of Yourself????

Since my work is quite physical in nature, I tend to not bother with exercise.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

I often run back and forth from the smoking area in studios, and add some extra weight to my coffee using that white sandy stuff.

then ruin it all with rock climbing, caving, iaido, diving and mountain biking. The plan is to die of these before I die of the first two.

dead_but_twitching's Avatar Member

i try... everymorning i wake up and say to myself,
    Erique today i am going to take care of my body, and stop polluting it..
    i usally celebrate this honurable choice with coffe and ciggarettes

iaido... isn't that the art of the katana?= you can take are of others too

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I usually walk to work everyday, and I lift shit sometimes while i'm there, so I'm pretty decent as far as working out goes. I don't eat fast food, accept the occasional french fry. I don't eat high fatty foods or cholesterol. or dairy. I do drink a lot of soda, and sugar. so that's bad. I eat fairly healthy, but I don't really eat a very well balanced diet, and I don't eat very much. I think I can be classifed as living in a famine, which im told is less than 1,600 calories a day. But my weight is pretty constant, so that seems to be a good indicator.

I would like to do more biking, hiking and martial arts, and maybe rock climbing, but I don't really have time for those things.

oh yeah, and I'm also always tired and don't have any energy or motivation to do anything, is that a bad sign?

oh yeah, and I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't fuck, at least I can think.

I eat as healthy as finances permit. I quit smoking cigs a few yrs back, ending an 8 yr habit. (I still dream I smoke BTW) I dont eat any or much trans fats, and NOTHING with MSG. I try to consume a balanced diet, but my weakness is sweets. I dont gain weight very easily, so I can eat like a horse and not gain a pound. I've started buying small amounts of sweets so I dont have the temptation laying around for me to break over and eat just one more..... over and over again. Its much harder to stay in shape in Ky than FL. BY FAR!!!

I still party pretty hard so I have to take care of myself religiously the rest of the time. Working out, drinking lots of water, making sure all the nutrients are covered, getting sleep.

i don't eat fast food ,just not my thing and i belive they put crap in it .I try to eat right i want to stop smoking and i Have been cuttin down soon im just going to quit,and i started drinking a few beers every now and again it helps with the weight,i do therapy twice a week and small work outs at home . i really want a BowFlex 1 day i will get it ..free weights are just too much on my spine right now..and i stay busy just don't get the sleep i really need till the weekends

AnnieAnatomy's Avatar Wanted in all states

I have no money at the moment so quite a few unhealthy things are out of my price range, i run in the evenings and do the occasional sit up (very occasional!) i don't really eat that much meat (expensive) so salad dodging is not an option. Wow, i am actually healthier than i thought! perhaps i need to reward my self... with something deep fried...

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

no. I'm genetically blessed. all I do is take vitamins, and drink green tea, and remember to eat some vegetables every now and again. I don't work out, because I run my ass off as a waitress, and I walk everywhere because I don't have a car. I bike ride for fun. so I guess I have habbits that are healthy, but if we're talking about making an effort to be healthy or fit, than no, I don't go out of my way. my lifestyle does it for me.... do I have my moments where I go on health kicks? certainly, and I have not taken any western medicine except advill three times in the last ten years..... but for the most part I am pretty fit and haelthy just because of my lifestyle and habbits.

+ Reply to Thread