+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insomnia

Amethyst's Avatar Senior Member

Default Insomnia

I was just wondering if anyone else suffers from insomnia?
    It started to bother me again, haven't slept properly for a week. And if you do suffer from it, do you take sleeping pills?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Insomnia

i dont suffer from it often but a few weeks ago i couldnt sleep for shit and the people on these boards had a bunch of sugestions http://www.blueblood.net/boards/showthread.php?t=651 what did the trik for me was to get drunk and listen to classic country music

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I was an insomniac for 18 yrs. Turns out it was stress related. Since I moved out of that house I've done nothing but sleep. Try removing yourself from a stressful situation, that might help.
    K

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

when i was in university i was getting about 3 hours sleep a night which was horrible and i couldent hack it so i left......sleeping pills might work but i agree with keiko if your under alot of stress find ways to stop being under lots of stress.....although getting drunk is much more fun

Mother Superior

Hehe another Finn with insomnia I think it's genetic

Uh, sorry I missed that topic even I tried to search similar topics
    Well I quess it might be because I haven't slept alone for a nearly a year but now had to move away from girlfriends apartment, or ex-girlfriend now.. Thought I have never knew how to sleep in right place and right time.
    But anyway I got few good tips from the other topic, could go and try them soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Hehe another Finn with insomnia I think it's genetic
    And I were just talking about spreading your genes in that other topic

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I have dasy where I drewa and paint for ever because I am afraid I will lose my idea. Also I have been through a couple of painful losses recentley and I find when I close my eye's my mind runs...not wanders to those points and ifind myself getting up and pissed off and not wanting to sleep. I work out and go wor walks...it's a lil better but my sleep patter is very unhealthy to say the least. My ex had insomni aand took medication, but she never had REM sleep so she was always drained. I hope you find good rest soon I personally know what it can be like not just having it buitwacthing other suffer...I hope you the best

as you can tell my typing is poor....maybe I need some sleep....or a freaking vacation

Got nearly three hours of sleep and it took only three hours of waiting and turning in bed. Thought I feel now even more tired that before. Well I could drink myself to sleep today, feel kind of angsty and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    I have dasy where I drewa and paint for ever because I am afraid I will lose my idea. Also I have been through a couple of painful losses recentley and I find when I close my eye's my mind runs...not wanders to those points and ifind myself getting up and pissed off and not wanting to sleep.
    Well I have same problems, like when I go to bed and try to get sleep I can't stop thinking things. All the things that should have been done already come to mind and then I get all these crazy ideas of pictures and stuff. I have tried that relax thing but I can't keep my thoughts in it, eventually I notice I am thinking something again.

But thanks for understanding guys, you really are great bunch of people

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I'm a stress insomniac too. And whenever I force myself to stop working and go to bed instead, I can't sleep, so I get up again and continue work. :\

yer welcome Amethyst

I get insomnia...i get maybe an hr. of sleep on the week days and go to work...but on weekends it's slumber for me

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

I havent been sleeping that great, but i have new pills to thank for that, and cause of them i cant use my ready supply of sleeping pills

toodles
    the chris

Ah, I have slept 8 hours at both nights and I am feeling pritty good. Thought it's because I have been drinking the hole weekend

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I drink all day long, doesn't make me sleepy at all :\

Caligula's Avatar Senior Member

As folk on here have suggested, to get at the insomnia you've got to hit the cause. If it's stress, develop a way of dealing with that, and the rest should fall into place. Ironically, insomnia itself is stressful, so the stress of knowing you can't sleep can keep you awake. The best way to beat that vicious circle is to have something to hand to do if you can't sleep and regard the extra hours as an opportunity to do something you enjoy. That's not always possible if you have a 9-5 job to go to (I'm self-employed) but it can break the cycle.

Insomnia can be a nightmare - I think that quote from 'Fight Club' about never truly being awake hits the nail on the head.

I tried herbal remedies but either they didn't have any effect, or they gave me 'second wakings' (where your mind wakes up before your body, giving an unnerving paralysis effect). The trouble with using booze to sleep, is the quality of sleep's not so good, and soon you can't sleep without it. A hot bath can be a good way of winding down. There again, I recommend a hot bath for pretty much anything from a hangover to ebola.

Well I am pritty sure that the biggest reason has been my problems with relationship. But now I got that thing finnished and I believe that might help.
    When I was 17 I had this insomnia kind of thing for a year. I were tired all the time thought I slept pritty good. It's kind of hard when you can't keep awake in school even you wanted.
    But thanks again from comments and help.

roland's Avatar Junior Member

I read something about how alot of apes and primates sleep for a large protion of the day and are awake for a large part of the night. I think it could be possible considering our evolutionary lineage that we are not meant to be awake all day and asleep all night. I know im a night person. I sleep in the day so peacefully. I only get insomnia at night.

the thing is though some people with insomnia don't get rem sleep so it's like being passed out but not alseep....anyhow I am glad peope are resting a lil better. Oh and Amythest, a word of advice I bet you your ex is sleeping just fine so move on, I hear finland has soem pretty cute girls, there's lost of fish in the sea, just live life and have fun there's way more to life then girls....

+ Reply to Thread