+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do men actually prefer media image women over real women?

ObscureZan's Avatar Member

Default Do men actually prefer media image women over real women?

Good Evening everybody,

As a young woman unable to keep a relationship for more than two weeks and not being able to get anybody interested in me in the last two years, I'm just wondering do people really prefer women who look like Hollywood Fakes? You know, the unnatural stick figures with gigantic boob jobs? I admit, I don't understand the Hollywood Fetish alot of people around me seem to be so obsessed with. I'm short, I have CURVES, and tattoos, and people don't seem to get over the fact that I'm not a size two with a boob job, they care more about looks than they do about anything else, and I do admit, this does make me feel quite bad about myself. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing anybody who's naturally thin or naturally carries that hollywood look, I'm just confused and looking for answers.

Thank you for your time +^_^+

AnnieAnatomy's Avatar Wanted in all states

Default Re: Do men actually prefer media image women over real women?

Well, I don't really confess to knowing what goes on in a guy’s head- and not really sure if I would want to anyway. But don't worry, I AM a size 2 (but still with my real boobs and nose thanks very much ) And I still have an issue with males! That could be why i'm dating a girl, thank goodness for Bisexuality!

I look in the mirror most mornings and say aloud "THANK GOD im not Paris Hilton!"

And Tattoos are great... any guy who doesn't like your tats is not worth having anyway!

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

as a male i would have to say that i do NOT like skinny, bag o' antlers, "ill just have the salad, actually, make that just a lettuce leaf, no sorry, just a bottle of water" bitches. when you reach a certain level of skinnyness, you start looking unhealthy and the malnourished look is very unsexy.
    as for boobs, i think it really depends. some people look good with giant zongas (although, generally not the men...) and some suit the petite, handfull style boobs better. but fake boobs all too often look fake, and no matter how much they look like dirty pillows, plastic will never be as sexy as flesh.
    thats my humble opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieAnatomy
    Well, I don't really confess to knowing what goes on in a guy’s head- and not really sure if I would want to anyway. But don't worry, I AM a size 2 (but still with my real boobs and nose thanks very much ) And I still have an issue with males! That could be why i'm dating a girl, thank goodness for Bisexuality!

I look in the mirror most mornings and say aloud "THANK GOD im not Paris Hilton!"

And Tattoos are great... any guy who doesn't like your tats is not worth having anyway!
    Thank you very much for replying to my post and yes, thank goodness for Bisexuality! I hope you know I'm not dissing you for being your size You're very lucky! Thank you very much for your encouraging words!

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    as a male i would have to say that i do NOT like skinny, bag o' antlers, "ill just have the salad, actually, make that just a lettuce leaf, no sorry, just a bottle of water" bitches. when you reach a certain level of skinnyness, you start looking unhealthy and the malnourished look is very unsexy.
    as for boobs, i think it really depends. some people look good with giant zongas (although, generally not the men...) and some suit the petite, handfull style boobs better. but fake boobs all too often look fake, and no matter how much they look like dirty pillows, plastic will never be as sexy as flesh.
    thats my humble opinion anyway.
    To tell you the truth I didn't think I'd get an honest opinion from a guy! Thank you very much for your response!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I have dated girls that were thin and girls that weren't as thin and I prefer my partners to be curvy. I can't stand the Hollywood rakes, they look like if you thrust too hard, they'll snap. I can't see why they are so popular.
    Give me a real woman any day. I do believe I posted a photo of my wife on here somewhere, and you can tell she is a real woman.

Quote Originally Posted by ObscureZan
    To tell you the truth I didn't think I'd get an honest opinion from a guy! Thank you very much for your response!
    you are most welcome! i never lie, although, if i cant be honest here then where can i be? now please excuse me, i have to go and devour dark chocolate off my insatiable girlfriends who can only ever manage to keep their hands off each other when my rippled body is available.

honest!
    <_<
    >_>

i think they fell for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    I have dated girls that were thin and girls that weren't as thin and I prefer my partners to be curvy. I can't stand the Hollywood rakes, they look like if you thrust too hard, they'll snap. I can't see why they are so popular.
    Give me a real woman any day. I do believe I posted a photo of my wife on here somewhere, and you can tell she is a real woman.
    First, Thank you for your post and second, I too wonder why one of those girls hasn't been found snapped in half, silicone leaking with as much as the tabloids report their sex lives. Thank you again for your honest post! It's always great to hear what the guys think!

you are most welcome! i never lie, although, if i cant be honest here then where can i be? now please excuse me, i have to go and devour dark chocolate off my insatiable girlfriends who can only ever manage to keep their hands off each other when my rippled body is available.

honest!
    <_<
    >_>

i think they fell for it...
    Yeah if you can't be honest on these boards where can you be? haha...Dark Chocolate...

ok, im sorry, i admit it... its milk chocolate...

i feel so ashamed. will i ever be forgiven? how can i live with myself?
    *jumps out the window*
    ow... i forgot only live in a 2 level house...

ok, im sorry, i admit it... its milk chocolate...

i feel so ashamed. will i ever be forgiven? how can i live with myself?
    *jumps out the window*
    ow... i forgot only live in a 2 level house...
    lol! I forgive you...but trust me...dark chocolate is better! haha, I like you man you're funny!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Chocolate is good! All of it! It's a lot sweeter over here in England!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

I personaly like skinny chicks however if i can count your ribsyou are waaaay to thin. Just the same i dont mind women with curves. however most chicks that give themselves that description tend to go beyond cuvy. I have a prety active lifestyle so i tend to seek chicks that are also active and somewhat athletic.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I'd say that I prefer slim ladies, but I've known some thick girls that have been really sensual and good lovers. It seems to me that most guys aren't into "heavier" gals, and they prefer the hollywood image that is being sold to them. but then most guys don't know dick, or what is good for theirs. You can tell what a person's natural body inclination is toward and the people that comfortably fit their's are what's sexy. that's why there are some real beautfiful full figured women and slim girls too. But I wouldn't like most skinny girls because they aren't really skinny, they are just average and they lose weight and try and make themselves skinny. that's not attractive. It's the exact same thing with over-weight.

but I'm a skinny guy myself, so I think that slim girl goes better for me. But like I said, I don't limit myself there.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Many guys do. I do not nor do I understand why some have that prereq. I think its high time we blame these "consumers" who fuel the media as opposed to the images shot back at us. More on that in a later post.

Jackie T

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Well, when you are talking about things like body type, and especially tattoos, you have to realize that everyone has their personal preferences. So obviously, all the guys on this site are generally going to be ok with tattoos. And are probably more forgiving of various looks, body types, etc. Whereas your average guy, is probably going to be more into the kinds of girls he sees on TV, movies, etc. Your Jessica Albas, etc...

Personally, I prefer curves.

But when I say that, a lot of women think I like girls who are heavy.
    That's not the case. A lot of times, it is women who are way harder on themselves that some guys would be. They think they are fat, so they act insecure. And that isn't sexy. The main thing with curves, is that what I want, is for the tits and ass to be proportional. If you have both of those things, then that's great. The problem for a lot of women, is how to have those things naturally, without getting so heavy they get a really big belly, etc. But women need to get over the idea that if they have some fat, that guys will not want them at all. That's not the case. It just depends on how much, and how proportional it is.

Here is a perfect example. This is the same girl:
    Amy Winehouse...

I'd totally prefer the heavier version. The skinny version is way too bony. Even the tattoos don't make that body attractive.
    So yes, too curvy can be unattractive, but so can too skinny.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight

That's not the case. A lot of times, it is women who are way harder on themselves that some guys would be. They think they are fat, so they act insecure. And that isn't sexy. The main thing with curves, is that what I want, is for the tits and ass to be proportional. If you have both of those things, then that's great. The problem for a lot of women, is how to have those things naturally, without getting so heavy they get a really big belly, etc. But women need to get over the idea that if they have some fat, that guys will not want them at all. That's not the case. It just depends on how much, and how proportional it is.....

you prety much hit the nail on the head as to what i wanted to say earlyer

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

90%of the population doesn't know what they want anyway, and just because they're male doesn't mean thier men

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    I personaly like skinny chicks however if i can count your ribsyou are waaaay to thin. Just the same i dont mind women with curves. however most chicks that give themselves that description tend to go beyond cuvy. I have a prety active lifestyle so i tend to seek chicks that are also active and somewhat athletic.
    Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, you like girls that are healthy and athletic. If I were overweight I would come out and say, "Yeah I am overweight" but I'm not. I used to do alot of Kendo before I moved on to being a roadie for a small local band, so I'm muscular from doing the exercises and moving heavy armor and equipment all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I'd say that I prefer slim ladies, but I've known some thick girls that have been really sensual and good lovers. It seems to me that most guys aren't into "heavier" gals, and they prefer the hollywood image that is being sold to them. but then most guys don't know dick, or what is good for theirs. You can tell what a person's natural body inclination is toward and the people that comfortably fit their's are what's sexy. that's why there are some real beautfiful full figured women and slim girls too. But I wouldn't like most skinny girls because they aren't really skinny, they are just average and they lose weight and try and make themselves skinny. that's not attractive. It's the exact same thing with over-weight.

but I'm a skinny guy myself, so I think that slim girl goes better for me. But like I said, I don't limit myself there.
    Yeah when people fit their natural body shape is when they are the most sexy. I'm totally not dissing skinny women if they're naturally that way. One of my best friends is like incredibly thin and tall but she's beautiful because it's her natural shape (Plus she eats three times as much as I do and doesn't gain an ounce! It's kinda funny...). But I'm glad there are people like you that don't limit themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    Many guys do. I do not nor do I understand why some have that prereq. I think its high time we blame these "consumers" who fuel the media as opposed to the images shot back at us. More on that in a later post.

Jackie T
    Yeah I agree with you, too many people are like "HOMGI'VE GOT TO LOOK LIKE THAT CHICK!" and when the ratings/sales go up because people are buying that image and trying to replicate that then it's just gonna be pushed more and more

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    Well, when you are talking about things like body type, and especially tattoos, you have to realize that everyone has their personal preferences. So obviously, all the guys on this site are generally going to be ok with tattoos. And are probably more forgiving of various looks, body types, etc. Whereas your average guy, is probably going to be more into the kinds of girls he sees on TV, movies, etc. Your Jessica Albas, etc...

Personally, I prefer curves.

That's not the case. A lot of times, it is women who are way harder on themselves that some guys would be. They think they are fat, so they act insecure. And that isn't sexy. The main thing with curves, is that what I want, is for the tits and ass to be proportional. If you have both of those things, then that's great. The problem for a lot of women, is how to have those things naturally, without getting so heavy they get a really big belly, etc. But women need to get over the idea that if they have some fat, that guys will not want them at all. That's not the case. It just depends on how much, and how proportional it is.

Here is a perfect example. This is the same girl:
    Amy Winehouse...

I'd totally prefer the heavier version. The skinny version is way too bony. Even the tattoos don't make that body attractive.
    So yes, too curvy can be unattractive, but so can too skinny.
    Yeah, I understand that it's all up to tastes and especially on here people are going to be okay with tattoos but I feel safer posting here than opposed to somewhere else where somebody's gonna be like "God stupid bitch you're just upset 'cause your fat and I'm fine..." I've had that happen too many times lol. And I agree with you, in some areas people need to be proportional or else it looks funny. With your Amy Winehouse picture I agree the heavier version looks better because she looks healthy and that's where I think people need to base some their attractions is if the person looks healthy or not.

Yeah I agree with you, too many people are like "HOMGI'VE GOT TO LOOK LIKE THAT CHICK!" and when the ratings/sales go up because people are buying that image and trying to replicate that then it's just gonna be pushed more and more
    It's a self-perpetuating cycle. I see this anorexichick cycle as particularly odious. I'll come out swinging at the folks perpetuating it in a future post. Have to work up a bit of misanthropy to rant on it.

Jackie T

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I just wonder how 'they' managed to sell that look in the first place, and why....well actualy I can figure out the how and why, wich leaves me to wonder who exactly 'they' are. Not that I have a problem with what they're selling, in the overall big picture it works for me, (not that I'm into emaciation myself)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    It's a self-perpetuating cycle. I see this anorexichick cycle as particularly odious. I'll come out swinging at the folks perpetuating it in a future post. Have to work up a bit of misanthropy to rant on it.

Jackie T
    haha when you do send me the link to it and I'll rant with you

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

i like girls who are stronger than they look

haha when you do send me the link to it and I'll rant with you
    Will do

Jackie T

Quote Originally Posted by bohoki
    Yeah those are always fun! one of my friends is this little petite lookin' chick and she kicked some tall dude's ass at her karate class.

I look at that picture of amy winehouse and prefer the one on the right. I have a sister who had Anorexia nervosa and need a lot of councelling and a doctors controlled diet to recover. She restricted her diet, throw up, went to the gym at least 10 times a week and looked awful. Her skin looked bad, her bones looked like they would just punchure her skin and she felt there was nothing wrong with her. She in the end could not work, she was not allowed to drive or even walk to the shops just under 10 mins away as would burn up her body fat. It is not a nice thing and I do not believe how dangerous it is till it affects a friend or family member.

I love my women any way except when they go for the media thin image. It isn't natural.

Quote Originally Posted by bohoki
    oh. oh god yes.

oh man, i need some alone time.

actually im not fussy. i like strong girls, whether they look it or not. honestly, to me personality is the big big thing, and looks are nothing. but any time i say that, people just assume 'oh yeah right, whatever, youre just tryin to look sensitive.'

looks are important. i wouldnt be able to go out with someone i didnt find at least a little attractive, but personality is even more important. without the right personality i couldnt find jessica alba attractive... welll... ok... maybe i would

Quote Originally Posted by seeker
    I look at that picture of amy winehouse and prefer the one on the right. I have a sister who had Anorexia nervosa and need a lot of councelling and a doctors controlled diet to recover. She restricted her diet, throw up, went to the gym at least 10 times a week and looked awful. Her skin looked bad, her bones looked like they would just punchure her skin and she felt there was nothing wrong with her. She in the end could not work, she was not allowed to drive or even walk to the shops just under 10 mins away as would burn up her body fat. It is not a nice thing and I do not believe how dangerous it is till it affects a friend or family member.

I love my women any way except when they go for the media thin image. It isn't natural.
    You're right it's not natural and it can be very dangerous in some cases.

+ Reply to Thread