+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would you rather date a freaky looking person who was normal on the inside or......

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Would you rather date a freaky looking person who was normal on the inside or......

Would you rather date a freaky looking person who was normal on the inside or a normal person who was freaky on the inside?

Now by normal on the inside I mean: conventional ways of thinking, such as marriage and a family, monogamy, believes in the formula of life (grow up, go to college, wed, 2.5 kids and a dog). Believes that 'that's just the way things are'.

By freaky on the inside I mean goes against the norm of society, breaks the rules (but not necessarily in an irresponsible way), believes more in the adventure of life, taking chances.

I think I'd go fo the normal on the outside type of person if I had to choose. I have dated a lot of spooky looking guys who were not compatible with me other than in our aesthetic and musical preferences. I used to think we had all been drawn to this scene by rebellion of some sort, and an open mind, but in recent years I have started to change my mind. It seems there are actually a lot of super closed minded people in our scene, strangely enough. How you can wear Halloween spiders glued to your face and judge others is beyond me, but it does happen. So although I'd REALLY like to have a spooky hot death rocker with an amazing open mind and rebellious roots, I'd rather have a normal guy with the right mind than a death rocker with a closed one.....

How about you all???

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Would you rather date a freaky looking person who was normal on the inside or......

Freaky on the inside. What was once "freaky on the outside" may not even be so these days. I do admire a unique aesthetic (especially when I see passion behind the meaning of say a tat or symbol one may adorn). Generally speaking? I think there's a lot of of silly shit out there these days (as there always is). I'm with ya tho: I would want the "soulmate" to complement me in every possible way. I wish you well in coming as close as you can to your ideal situation (which will never entail an ideal person obviously)

Jackie T

Tinman's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Would you rather date a freaky looking person who was normal on the inside or......

freaky on the inside, although both would be perfect, ever an optimist, why settle, but the realist in me says who are u tryin to kid?
    A good partner is hard to find and we always look in the wrong place first.
    Good hunting

The moderate line between both please : D

Our Elven Prionnsa

A moderate line would be nice too, but I suspect that I would strongly prefer someone who had their own edge -- ordinarily thou don't really find people who are freaky on the outside and totally normal inside or vice versa. Although, what I really do not mind is people who are freaky inside but have the presence-of-mind and attention to appear normal when they want to work with people who don't react well to that.

Roguishness and flippant attitude definitely keeps my keen attention -- but I've never found much wrong with playing the system during the day and being that freaky person at night. I'm a Gemini here, not that it means much to me, but the concept of dual-identities, the dichotomy of public/private selves and mild mannered reporter by day -- superhero at night! Has a certain appeal.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

the freakiest people look just like everyone else, thats why I'm with one

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Freaky all the way through dammit!

But yeah, if you have to choose, I care much more about someone's attitude about life. But if you have an open and wild attitude about life, you shouldn't be all concerned with looking normal...

But at the same time, I can't stand the fact that people who are "freaky", seem to get into some kind of competition over who is freakier, who is a poser, who is hardcore, etc... That shit should not matter. What matters is doing what you want. Being comfortable with being as freaky or as normal as you want to be. I don'[t need to be totally wild and out of control at the grocery store, or at work, just to prove how wild and crazy or counterculture I am.

I tend to find that looking totally freaky 24/7 is a lot of work, and hard to maintain. So I tend to look "moderately" normal most of the time, but if I am going out to a club or event, I will take it up a notch or two. I guess I just don't see why some people feel like they need to look all freaky, when they are just going down the street to get some lunch or groceries. To me, the main point is to be able to be yourself. So if you feel like you want to dress up, there are places to do that, so do it. But if you need to be normal for work, then be normal for work. What I don't like, is people who repress who they are, or don't do the things they want to do, because they are too concerned over what other people will think about it... A good example is dressing like a freak. If you are going to visit the grandparents, is it needed? Probably not. If you are going to a club, absolutely. But the thing that tells me if someone is really being free, and doing what they want to do, is if they can be dressed up for a club, and then go out to some normal place for dinner. If they can handle that, then they are cool in my book. Because it's one thing to be respectful of your employer, or your family, but it's stupid if you are concerned about what the average person on the street thinks about you. Fuck those people. Who cares? So if I see someone "normal" looking, but are freaky on the inside, I still need to know they are not super-uptight about what everyone thinks. They don't have to be totally tattooed and pierced, with dreads or a mohawk. But they need to be willing to get dressed up freaky, and not give a shit what people think about it. I don't care if they have to wear business clothes to work the rest of the week...

I would prefer the normal on the inside and freaky within person. I accept some people find the 'normal' inside easy to live with but I prefer someone willing to try new stuff/ push their boundary's so can I get two, please.

+ Reply to Thread