+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shrine Clothing?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Shrine Clothing?

Is anyone familiar with this term? We (a friend runs a local store) are getting multiple requests from males to carry this line of clothing. They seem to be implying some sort of "goth" wear, yet the descriptions we receive are insufficient to get distro going in our direction.

Shrine wear? Can anyone give a detailed description of what it is and is not?
    Does this suffice? http://www.shrinestore.com/ ? I'm getting a seemingly less "glam" request than what I see here. Does anyone have other links?

JT

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Default Re: Shrine Clothing?

Haha, I used to work there.

Very interesting place.

Their stuff (from when I worked there) is not so much glam. Some of their Shrine label stuff is really generic, but some of it isnt. I would recommend trying to posibly see the quality of the stuff you are ordering before ordering any larger quantities.

I used to carry Shrine when i had my mini store up in IL, Its not bad stuff. Pretty pricey (least back then, not sure what it is now as I dont deal in clothes anymore).

From what I did get though, it was decent stuff. Our biggest seller at the time was all the Brocade jackets..mostly due to "Mad House", the reality tv show with Don Henrie (the vampire) who mostly wore Shrine (or equivilent) jackets with brocade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Haha, I used to work there.

Very interesting place.

Their stuff (from when I worked there) is not so much glam. Some of their Shrine label stuff is really generic, but some of it isnt. I would recommend trying to posibly see the quality of the stuff you are ordering before ordering any larger quantities.
    haha cool thanks. People are so vague sometimes. These guys have something in mind, but you have extract their wisdom teeth to know what it actually is.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    I used to carry Shrine when i had my mini store up in IL, Its not bad stuff. Pretty pricey (least back then, not sure what it is now as I dont deal in clothes anymore).

From what I did get though, it was decent stuff. Our biggest seller at the time was all the Brocade jackets..mostly due to "Mad House", the reality tv show with Don Henrie (the vampire) who mostly wore Shrine (or equivilent) jackets with brocade.
    You carried the specific label Shrine as in the link/company Jax worked for? It was too pricey. I'm looking more at getting to what may meet their specs.

JT

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Their clothes are VERY pricey IMO.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

They do some really nice stuff. Some of the best stuff in my closet is from there. Quality clothes generally are not cheap and there really is a lot of crap on the market for the spooky clubby crowd, but then again, I'd much rather have a $8 cheeseburger than ever have to eat some $.69 garbage from McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    They do some really nice stuff. Some of the best stuff in my closet is from there. Quality clothes generally are not cheap and there really is a lot of crap on the market for the spooky clubby crowd, but then again, I'd much rather have a $8 cheeseburger than ever have to eat some $.69 garbage from McDonalds.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Oh definitely. I'm just not sure she's going to get those prices from the folks inquiring.

JT

Their clothes are VERY pricey IMO.
    For what they actually sell? I have a strong feeling the people asking are looking more for this "look" without paying quite as much. At least it is a baseline and basic aesthetic to work with though. Thanks for the info.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    For what they actually sell? I have a strong feeling the people asking are looking more for this "look" without paying quite as much. At least it is a baseline and basic aesthetic to work with though. Thanks for the info.

JT
    Try Lip Service then. They were cheaper wholesale and easy to wholesale from. Quick turnaround time, but you wont find much like Shrine.

Try Lip Service then. They were cheaper wholesale and easy to wholesale from. Quick turnaround time, but you wont find much like Shrine.
    Lip Service is everywhere. May see if they carry enough of it around here. Folks kept mentioning "Shrine Clothes" though. I assumed it was some subgenre of attire rather than one brand. As long as they're willing to pay, it would suffice.

JT

Try out Shrine, if it doesnt work or its what customers wouldn't want to buy, sell the merch on ebay.

Try out Shrine, if it doesnt work or its what customers wouldn't want to buy, sell the merch on ebay.
    I'm going to recommend it to her next week. I'll post the link locally. See if these folks requesting it are serious about it. There were a few items I liked actually. Everything hits ebay eventually so .... that would hopefully not be too much of a loss.

JT

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Apparantly their clothes have gotten much better since I worked there years ago...good for them!

Apparantly their clothes have gotten much better since I worked there years ago...good for them!
    Excellent. This is confirmation. Thanks. People are really into them out here it seems.

JT

lol - old threads...

Shrine rocks. Great stuff - sure it's pricey but it's made locally by people in the scene and is 100% unique so worth it. My wedding pants / brocade jacket was from there as well as other things... If I ever won the lottery, I would seriously dent that place.

Funny timeline with Lip Service... I remember they were the uber goth/rocker store... Then while on tour with lollapalooza in 93, they had a traveling booth there - selling the cool shit that I got for dirt cheap - I realized when I got back it was because they dropped goth and went all punk/plaid for like 10 years - They eventually brought back the goth look but only after I think Shrine was up for a few years first.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

speaking of shrine, they used to make some nice arm warmers/gloves that i really liked. alas, the store was out of stock when i tried to order them and never restocked them. anyone know, other than ebay, a place that might carry them?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat
    lol - old threads...

Shrine rocks. Great stuff - sure it's pricey but it's made locally by people in the scene and is 100% unique so worth it. My wedding pants / brocade jacket was from there as well as other things... If I ever won the lottery, I would seriously dent that place.

Funny timeline with Lip Service... I remember they were the uber goth/rocker store... Then while on tour with lollapalooza in 93, they had a traveling booth there - selling the cool shit that I got for dirt cheap - I realized when I got back it was because they dropped goth and went all punk/plaid for like 10 years - They eventually brought back the goth look but only after I think Shrine was up for a few years first.
    Yah I wear a red shrine versailles coat. LP was ok. I have some fashion sponsors for a show, I think I somewhat lost interest in it as something to do though overall.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

(Image Courtesy of Blue Blood)

(Image Courtesy of Blue Blood)

+ Reply to Thread