+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are your thougts on MDMA / ecstacy ?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default What are your thougts on MDMA / ecstacy ?

If you've tried it what are your experiences? Even if you have not, what are your thoughts, political, social, and/or otherwise?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: What are your thougts on MDMA / ecstacy ?

Never used it. I wouldn't advocate its use.

As with all other substances: I believe it should be legalized. I would include the following caveats: Its use would not fall under anti-discrimination laws for employment. It would be taxed. All laws on operating machinery etc under substances would apply. It could not be used as a mitigating factor in a criminal trial. Undecided as to whether if, in a case of violence, it might be permissible to up the penalty due to X being a factor.

But yeah: Legalize it. I think it is not a socially healthy endeavor. I prefer to associate with folks not on X. I just don't believe the "war on drugs" works. I can't allow this exception, as bad as the substance may well be in the long run.

JT

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

despite the perhaps misleading name, the only drug i ever put into my system is alcohol. but that just my choice, and i expect other people to make their own choces. X, weed, etc, should legally be the same as tobacco and booze - legal but controlled and with certain obvious conditions, like JT suggested.

was never an X fan... never tried it, wasn't geeked to hang with folks who did.

i'm for regulated legalization as well, chop the legs out from under the black market.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

as long as its kept underground, production of drugs can be dangerous to the makers and the end users both. no matter what happens people will keep using, so why not make it safer for everyone?

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

it's fun haven't used it in years though, mainly because almost all of the E around here has meth in it. The really dangerous thing about E is that unless you can test it you really have no idea of exactly whats in it, I've gotten rolls that had LSD in them before, which could really mess someone up, especially if they weren't expecting it. (I wasn't, but luckilly I didn't do them in a club or anything and had prior LSD experience so I was pretty much ok)

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

makes for a fun party, but probably not the best for a six month bender

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

i enjoy it
    i like how i feel on it
    it makes me more balanced than my bi-polar meds
    im just picky about what kind i will use
    cause of what some are made/cut/coated with
    i wanna have fun and not die while doing it
    i like blue delphen tripel stacks
    one of the best un-enhanced ones you can get

Jotun's Avatar Junior Member

I've had 3 experiences with MDMA/E. My first was straight molly and I had a blast. I felt amazing for hours, smoked myself retarded with my friends, and absolutely loved it. The second time was at a Chili Peppers concert and the stuff was exceptionally weak, and not really worth the money. My last and final time was with shrooms (hippie flipping). Basically, I had the most intense visual and euphoric experience of my life. It was absolutely amazing and I even saw god (didn't shake my foundation as an atheist though ). As awesome as it was, I will never touch E again, and definitely never mix the two again. That was my final experience with the drug.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

never tryed it but have been to a few "after hours" clubs in jacksonville before where they cater t strippersand club kids who are roling and that was fun save for the lack of alcohol and people twiringlow sticks at ou while they sk you if youre rolling...im more of a whippets and weed kina guy myself lol

Haven't tried it, and probably won't, as I simply don't run in those circles that use it.

As for whatever feelings of various sorts I may have about it, I would say that I agree with Jackie T's stance on it, and leave it at that.

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

legalize....EVERYTHING that would make me happy (in the pants)

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

drugs are bad mmm'kay

Had some good experiences on it, and had a few unpleasant experiences on it. Everything in moderation should apply, don't do it excessively and be safe when you do it.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

I say a 6 month beer bender for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.

As with all other substances: I believe it should be legalized. I would include the following caveats: Its use would not fall under anti-discrimination laws for employment. It would be taxed. All laws on operating machinery etc under substances would apply. It could not be used as a mitigating factor in a criminal trial. Undecided as to whether if, in a case of violence, it might be permissible to up the penalty due to X being a factor.

But yeah: Legalize it. I think it is not a socially healthy endeavor. I prefer to associate with folks not on X. I just don't believe the "war on drugs" works. I can't allow this exception, as bad as the substance may well be in the long run.

JT
    Have to agree with you for the most part. I don't associate with people that use drugs (mostly for my career future, secondly because they're usually antithesis to my philosophy or beliefs, third because I've seen too many friends get fucked up.)

But yeah..I have to agree that most drugs are in need of legalizing. The same people for the most part will use them and the government will gain a plethora of dollars, make it safer, and help strike down drug trade and drug violence.

Also I was very pleased to read your other ideas about it not falling under anti-discrmination. Their are many studies showing the dangers associated with drug users and work. The amount of on the job accidents sky rocket. So employers should not be forced to hire people that use drugs just because they're legal.

I'll be glad when drugs are made legal and the air of mystery, culture, "naughtiness" evaporates. So many people feel like they just have to do them now. They're glamorized in popular culture and by our peoples models, movie stars and heroes. They never show the dark side of addiction or all the educational, financial and relationship issues they bring. Even if people do see them they're either so arrogant that they believe it could never happen to them, or so apathetic that they just don't care.

I feel saddness for the addicts but feel absolutely nothing but disdain and hate for drug dealers. Profiteering off the ignorance, apathy, addiction and pain of other people to line their pockets with money. May they all rot in jail or die from the governments poison needle. They do nothing but weaken and hurt the country and the people in it.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Have to agree with you for the most part. I don't associate with people that use drugs (mostly for my career future, secondly because they're usually antithesis to my philosophy or beliefs, third because I've seen too many friends get fucked up.)

But yeah..I have to agree that most drugs are in need of legalizing. The same people for the most part will use them and the government will gain a plethora of dollars, make it safer, and help strike down drug trade and drug violence.

Also I was very pleased to read your other ideas about it not falling under anti-discrmination. Their are many studies showing the dangers associated with drug users and work. The amount of on the job accidents sky rocket. So employers should not be forced to hire people that use drugs just because they're legal.

I'll be glad when drugs are made legal and the air of mystery, culture, "naughtiness" evaporates. So many people feel like they just have to do them now. They're glamorized in popular culture and by our peoples models, movie stars and heroes. They never show the dark side of addiction or all the educational, financial and relationship issues they bring. Even if people do see them they're either so arrogant that they believe it could never happen to them, or so apathetic that they just don't care.

I feel saddness for the addicts but feel absolutely nothing but disdain and hate for drug dealers. Profiteering off the ignorance, apathy, addiction and pain of other people to line their pockets with money. May they all rot in jail or die from the governments poison needle. They do nothing but weaken and hurt the country and the people in it.
    Any proposal for legalization should be closely scrutinized. Factors like inclusion in anti-discrimination laws etc would make a different (but potentially worse) problem for society.

In terms of dealers: The best we could do is not to allow any amnesty post-legalization for actual dealers. I would support commuting sentences of non-violent offenders (users) should drugs become legal.

JT

and your little dog too

a drug which would make me nice to the undeserving?

exile

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    never tryed it but have been to a few "after hours" clubs in jacksonville before where they cater t strippersand club kids who are roling and that was fun save for the lack of alcohol and people twiringlow sticks at ou while they sk you if youre rolling...im more of a whippets and weed kina guy myself lol
    malcom my chubby love, you are back. i like you malcolm.

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

I spent Years in the drug/club culture of the 90's. I Did most anything except use a needle. I gave that up years ago with the exception of pot. Just in the last year i stoped smoking pot and reduced my drug of choice down to Good Beer or scotch. I enjoyed using X very much and if I knew how to get good quality I would probably do it again.
    I beleive in deregulation of some drugs including mostly pot.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I personally have never knowingly taken any drugs other than alcohol, and have never wanted to. I don't approve of drugs, but if a consenting adult wants to make that choice, then that is up to them, and they should be prepared to deal te consequences.

Not my drug of choice but I think everyone should have the option to do whatever drugs they want. I got one of my first tattoos while on tour in a city where tattooing was illegal but I was just fuck it and that made me want to get it there more because I do not want anyone telling me what to do on something personal.

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

there are ups and downs. In personal use I've found to be depressed afterwards and looking for visuals that werent there (like in cases of mushrooms or lsd) and after a few times I have decided not to take it again. Upside is that everything you touch feels amazing, you rub on things, become talkative and social and I heavily suggest drinking water while rolling. Out here in NM we have a lot of raves n parties and over long exposure to x we have dubbed the name "e-tard" to people who have taken it way too much, and have become almost vegetative as far as intelligence and common sense go.
    I think the smart way is the natural way, just say no if it doesnt naturally grow out of the ground.

I've had great times on X, but I'm always wasted the day after. The serotonin games it plays can be hard. But it's a lovely drug when its going. I remember some great parties in NY (I still remember the cute Argentinian girl who said, in the cutest accent imaginable, "I cant take ecstasy becaseu I can't keep my clothes on!" Of course, we offered her seconds.), and wonderful times at Burning Man. I rang in the millennium on X with a bunch of friends, we scammed our way into some rich people's party, rode in their limo and greted the dawn, laughing at our friends who were hiding in the desert waiting for the Y2K collapse of civilization. I've done enough acid, coke and speed for this lifetime and the next. X and mushrooms are my favorites now because they are pure pleasure and I have never seen either drug turn anyone into an asshole. Even people who tend to be assholes, seem to calm down and become more tolerable on X (and mushrooms). Just make sure you can nap a lot the next day.

BookOfFaeye's Avatar Book Of Faeye

considering the massive amounts of brain damage it is known to cause and the amount of medications it is contraindicated with... It's niave and foolish to even touch it and I refuse to feel sorry for people who get caught up in stuff that they KNOW is going to do that much damage.

I had a friend who did the stuff. She got wasted on it, then some laughing gas (her buddies dad was a dentist), and then some other pills. I told her she was lucky she didn't die. I tried to help her. I LOVED her. I really tried everything I could think of including backing off and just offering her safe rides home when she was too messed. Nothing worked. She was so embarassed she couldn't kick the drugs she quit talking to me. I was not pushy with her. I'm edge I dont care what other people do. Its just for me and my children I made this choice. Anyone else can do whatever. I tried to give her space and love and help. I didn't contrary to the way a lot of people deal with it, try to make her see "my way". I just wanted her to know I was worried. It didn't help. I dont even know of shes alive. So I am not a big fan of drugs at all now.

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Any drug is fairly stupid in my mind, even alcohol, which I partake of upon occasion. Growing up with people constantly doing stupid things in front of you is good for one thing, you learn ...

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

I used to take them when i was younger often..to party

i don't party much anymore. I always had fun with them, having sex with straight guys high on them too and getting all touchy feely with girls Though I've never had it PURE or whatever as they say, I liked it then, I wont do it now because I don't like to be in an altered state where I don't know what I'm doing anymore...

and the after depressed feeling sucks ass, i dont think i need anymore of that ..i get enuff from alcohol ;P

sickybuaaaaa's Avatar Mistress of asskickery

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.

JT

im interested if anyone here has actual experience or maybe knows someone who has been using ecstacy for a longer while?

what damaging effect does it have on the body?

i'm asking this cause few of my friends use it regularly(on weekly basis for a while now) and i'm a bit worried about what effect it may have on them..

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

check out erowid if you have any serious drug-related questions

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily
    check out erowid if you have any serious drug-related questions

thanx

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

I indulge in MDMA/Ecstacy maybe once or twice a year. And lemme tell you,if it didn't take so much out of me I'd do it alot more often. I've never had a bad experiance on rolls. I think of it as a much deserved mental vacation. I wish I could feel that way all the time. It blows all your hang-ups right out of the water,there's this wonderful sense of joy and relief and total empathy w/ your fellow man. It's really the way I strive to be in my day to day life,but stress and insecurity keeps it just out of my reach.

I usually only do it w/ a small group of close friends. We play great music and dance,and laugh and cuddle and run around all night. It's wonderful and refreshing and it reminds you of what it was like not to be so jaded I guess. It's sad that it takes a drug to do that,but such is life I suppose.

And I definetly believe all drugs should be legalized. Not just because I do drugs,I really don't endulge very often,except pot,which I smoke prettymuch every day. But because I don't think it's the government's right to dictate what we do to our own bodies. Once we start letting them get away w/ that ,where does it end? Maybe obesity is the #1 killer in america,does that mean we should outlaw chocolate cake? Give people more credit than that. Let them make their own decisions reguarding what they put into their bodies.

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

Oh,and another good thing about X,I have always been able to maintain control of myself while using this drug. I have never done anything I didn't want to while using it or woke up the next day wondering what happened. If I ever had to sober up for any reason to say,talk to a policeman,or my parents or take care of my daughter in the middle of the night,I could. It's one of the more practical reasons I use rolls as opposed to alot of other drugs I used to enjoy when I was young and carefree lol

DeviantMommy: loved your line about outlawing chocolate cake!!! Can just imagine the cheesy news headlines about busts at "Speakbakeries", "Cake houses" and the like.

Sounds like an old Monty Python or Firesign Theater sketch come to life.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviantMommy
    Maybe obesity is the #1 killer in america,does that mean we should outlaw chocolate cake? Give people more credit than that. Let them make their own decisions reguarding what they put into their bodies.
    i agree
    i would murder the president though, if he dared to outlaw chocolate cake.
    who cares about drugs actually, when you've got chocolate cake?

Quote Originally Posted by sickybuaaaaa
    i agree
    i would murder the president though, if he dared to outlaw chocolate cake.
    who cares about drugs actually, when you've got chocolate cake?

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Never done MDMA....... not really interested either. I think nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, and occasionally THC are all I require for a good time......

+ Reply to Thread