+ Reply to Thread

Thread: callig all clowns!

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default callig all clowns!

im having a hard time coming up with a god layout for my clown face his year and wa slookingfr some insite from te local whitefaces out there. se, lst year i did a dirge face and noone got that i was a clown excet for when I did my toy walk and stuf (I have a little chatter skelton that I pull the cord to and then act like a wind up toy hoppinarund) and I loved the dirgeface but i wannaspice it up tis year without ending up lookig like a juggalo lol. any ideas?

Default Re: callig all clowns!

I"ve found that i can paint my face however i want, so long as i wear the big red nose.... otherwise i risk lookin' like a mime...

...skull face+big red nose=clown...

i haven't been able to find the right noses for about 5 years now though, all they want to sell are those terrible foam ones, and i like the red rubber kind, with nostril holes... bah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    I"ve found that i can paint my face however i want, so long as i wear the big red nose.... otherwise i risk lookin' like a mime...

...skull face+big red nose=clown...

i haven't been able to find the right noses for about 5 years now though, all they want to sell are those terrible foam ones, and i like the red rubber kind, with nostril holes... bah!!
    we sell thos but they hon when you squeeze em. and im gonna be wearing this set of pimp dentures with skulls all over em. glad to know someone knew what Imeant by dirge. i tred to explain it to someone and thy looked confused. thankx for the input.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

:O:O:O
    okay clowns i have no idea about haha sorry...
    but i totally want pimp skull teeth dentures those would be wicked! you should post a pic

im planning on doing alot of costmes this year......the clown pimp 2.0, zombie spiderman, a leprechaun and my own version of the monkey king unarmored and intend on taking plenty of pictures. plus i wanna show off my super col novelty shirts too (like my hattori hanzo shirt)

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

How do you define "clown"? I believe it is often used as a misnomer. You can do a lot of tricks with whiteface and makeup without falling into the formal definitions of a clown.

Clown (kloun)
    n. 1. a. A buffoon or jester who entertains by jokes, antics, and tricks in a circus, play, or other presentation.
    b. One who jokes and plays tricks.

2. A coarse, rude, vulgar person; a boor.
    3. A peasant; a rustic.

intr.v. clowned, clown·ing, clowns 1. To behave like a buffoon or jester.
    2. To perform as a buffoon or jester.

[Of Scandinavian origin (akin to Icelandic klunni, clumsy person) or of Low German origin.]

im thinkng more along the lines of a circus like clown who runs a business of fleshly delights with a very jeweled iron fst kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    im thinkng more along the lines of a circus like clown who runs a business of fleshly delights with a very jeweled iron fst kinda thing.
    Why not transcend clownery altogether?

JT

good idea. i wanna do somthing cool and spooky at the same time, i just dont wanna be confused with a damn jugalo is all. lol

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

you could be a vampire pimp.
    "my bitches will suck you dry, i will too if you dont pay up!"

no really. dont do that. thats so horrible i had to slap myself just for thinking it.

omg. ZOMBIE PIMP!!!
    "hoooooooooes......"

*slaps self* i am so very, very, very sorry...

Well, I gotta say that going white face is the way to go in my opinion. The way I came up with my make-up was trial and error. Also, I took old magazines and drew designs on people faces till I came up with a design that seemed to fit my character. I'd keep it traditional if you want not look like a ICP guy.

As far as a nose goes, you should just paint on a nose. Especially for white faced clowns. The big red nose is more of an auguste clown thing I think.

I would not worry about looking like a ICP dude though. As long as your makeup is not all black and a super huge design you'll be fine.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

fuck... weirdest thing ever... i had a dream where a friend of mine had those noses that you like, buster, and i was all like "omg i should buy those off you, i got a friend that loves that shit!"
    creepy hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    you could be a vampire pimp.
    "my bitches will suck you dry, i will too if you dont pay up!"

no really. dont do that. thats so horrible i had to slap myself just for thinking it.

omg. ZOMBIE PIMP!!!
    "hoooooooooes......"

*slaps self* i am so very, very, very sorry...
    Dinna be sorry, Laddie, for givin' a good chuckle or two.

As for slappin', that's my job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    Well, I gotta say that going white face is the way to go in my opinion. The way I came up with my make-up was trial and error. Also, I took old magazines and drew designs on people faces till I came up with a design that seemed to fit my character. I'd keep it traditional if you want not look like a ICP guy.

As far as a nose goes, you should just paint on a nose. Especially for white faced clowns. The big red nose is more of an auguste clown thing I think.

I would not worry about looking like a ICP dude though. As long as your makeup is not all black and a super huge design you'll be fine.
    thanks a bndle. ugh! i'm telling ya guys, doing my own make up was smuch asier when i ws trying to look like a girl than it s now that im trying to look cool and scary an funky at the same tim.and no, i hate vampire stuf and i already doig another zombi costume besids....who said i was pmping girls? lol

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Rilea
    Dinna be sorry, Laddie, for givin' a good chuckle or two.

As for slappin', that's my job!!!
    actually, mal bein the pimp, that would make him the slapper

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

thanks a bndle. ugh! i'm telling ya guys, doing my own make up was smuch asier when i ws trying to look like a girl than it s now that im trying to look cool and scary an funky at the same tim.and no, i hate vampire stuf and i already doig another zombi costume besids....who said i was pmping girls? lol
    Well, the thing is, there is MUCH more advice published for typically girly makeup than there is for clown-stuff; any fourteen-year-old could tell you how to blend foundation and eye powder together a half-inch from the eyebrow line, but you'd be hard-pressed to find one to relate the latest styles in dramatic clownery.

good idea. i wanna do somthing cool and spooky at the same time, i just dont wanna be confused with a damn jugalo is all. lol
    I'll try to find the facial chart we used for makeup class on the inet. Once you have that, it becomes easier to plan out the effects you want. Most of the info out there is geared towards cosmetic enhancement unfortunately. I'll see if I can find something though.

JT

If you must do a clown: http://www.amazon.com/Strutters-Comp...2116434&sr=8-3

I have a major aversion to that aesthetic, but Roberts is solid. In particular, make your clown an enhancement/exaggeration of your own features (the natural tendency is to make a "fantasy" character almost like a mask)

JT

rofl at "hooooeessssss..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    If you must do a clown: http://www.amazon.com/Strutters-Comp...2116434&sr=8-3

I have a major aversion to that aesthetic, but Roberts is solid. In particular, make your clown an enhancement/exaggeration of your own features (the natural tendency is to make a "fantasy" character almost like a mask)

JT
    thats tre. the skuace i di ast year was awe! it actuall mved with facia expresionstheway i painted itonbut since i upgraded the outfit (it's the lacksgrdady pimp costume and im playing around with either my big black floppy hat, a tophat or a full leaprd fedora) i figured i'd upgrade the design to the face too. another question....has any of the resident clowns ever puontrasluent powder and if so, is it just like using amatte powder s in itll keep the grease pain from ubbing off immediatelyafter touch it?

thats tre. the skuace i di ast year was awe! it actuall mved with facia expresionstheway i painted itonbut since i upgraded the outfit (it's the lacksgrdady pimp costume and im playing around with either my big black floppy hat, a tophat or a full leaprd fedora) i figured i'd upgrade the design to the face too. another question....has any of the resident clowns ever puontrasluent powder and if so, is it just like using amatte powder s in itll keep the grease pain from ubbing off immediatelyafter touch it?
    You can use neutral translucent powders on white face. You might consider Ben Nye Super White for a "brighter" tone. http://www.theatricalmakeupsupplies.com/facepowders.php .

I tend to clowns haha but makeup is always fun.

JT

you ted to bonk clowns? ..........i dont knowif i should be scared or trned on by that lol thanks for the info. i think ill pass on being superwhite though, im white enough as it is and smoke like a recovering alcoholc in cuba so just one coat is gnna make my teeth look like a stickof fuckin butter. lol

you ted to bonk clowns? ..........i dont knowif i should be scared or trned on by that lol thanks for the info. i think ill pass on being superwhite though, im white enough as it is and smoke like a recovering alcoholc in cuba so just one coat is gnna make my teeth look like a stickof fuckin butter. lol
    Sure no problem. I haven't actually struck a clown since I was a kid. It's a block. I just have fun with it now. You're gonna end up at whatever tone u wish to use.

JT

groovy. im thnking abot going alittle fab this year to boot. we have gold grease paint (but its tubed uck! i prefer the ovals) so im tinkin white for the face with accent colors, black,red and gold.maybe do the eyes red and the lips gold.....

groovy. im thnking abot going alittle fab this year to boot. we have gold grease paint (but its tubed uck! i prefer the ovals) so im tinkin white for the face with accent colors, black,red and gold.maybe do the eyes red and the lips gold.....
    Cool. I wouldn't use super white with that combo either.

JT

alls i gotsa sy is its gonna lok fablous! expect piccys soon.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I've always wanted to do the escaped asylum patient costume. I even have a friend that can make a straitjacket for me. (she made one for an escape artist that wanted a black one with a wipe-clean panel. What would he want a wipe-clean panel for? )

This Halloween Party at the club, I'm doing the Black Knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail. The left arm comes off as well.
    It's only a flesh wound!

okay. today i got the finishing touche to it. i have decided to use my big floppy black pimp hat (even theough the trim doesnt match) and im usng gold for my lips nd toaccen the center o my eyes-im doing red eyes that go all the way to the top of my brow ad a dawn on r nsprobably just the bulb or aybe theull thing and im gonna do my lips in lack with tha "sliced" kinda crow look desgn. i jst bought one studed ingrlessbiker glove (cus every pimp knowsyu only only needs one correctng hand) oh! and i bought his unky ass red andwhite deadlocked chick wig called dadly devotion! is so badass! and im gonna mount oneof my ligh up catter sull to a fake gold chan i bought too so i can d my toy wak again ti year. its a trp to see me do it.. i like mechanically pull the thing dow then hop aroun on the balls of my feet as it chatters bck up in a circle then stop hunched over like a wind up toy. lol

here's what i got so far.......i think it works well with the whole gig on. but didnt feel like puttin the costume on with it
    lol
    here it is with wig and flop hat

and here's a close-up of the grill yo!

exile

whats this? you have another set of pictures displaying your 'fleshy delight' being pumped by your gloved hand?

How much for the whole collection?

wtf?
    oh! you mean my thang....ermmmmmm.......no, i'll pass on sharing those with you hun lol. just enjoy the clown piccs ya smartass.

Hahaha, you look wicked malcolm.

here's what i got so far.......i think it works well with the whole gig on. but didnt feel like puttin the costume on with it
    lol
    here it is with wig and flop hat

and here's a close-up of the grill yo!

Holy Shit!!!! Reminds me of that scary clown in that old Mariah Carey video, especially with the dental appendage!!!!

My apologies for mentioning Ms. Carey's name or projects in connection with anything you do, Malcolm. It's just the first thought that sprang to mind.

s'all good, hun.

s'all good, hun.
    Ta', Malcolm.

ta'? you mean like ta-ta? and thanks,toe cutter. you sayin i look wicked really means alot being as youre like resident clown numero uno.I've always wanted to be a clown but hate kids. maybe if i can get a car or something sometime in the future i may try drag again and just do a dragqueen clown. i look so fuckable in those dreads! lol i'd hump myself if i could lol

No, Ta', as in a British slang expression for "Thanks".

Hope that clears that very minor matter up.

oh! okay. sorry. i should know that cus my boss is from scotland and jim is always saying ta' at the end of shit lol. i though i meat ta-ta as in good bye or soemthing, how daft can i be lol.brits are hot. i looooveee a good british accent

Good job Malcolm.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    Good job Malcolm.

JT
    thank you, jt glad to see people like it. i'll try to gt one of the guys to do a piccy of me in it on halloween wth their ammy phone cus i only has a webbycam right now and i needs to get nw contacts cus one ripped and spidy three is coming to dvd and i need a new dildo and.ugh! too much shit to buy. lol

+ Reply to Thread