+ Reply to Thread

Thread: school bus argrrr

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

Default school bus argrrr

i have 4 kids that ride the bus and they come home almost everyday with stories that make me want to kill someone.the driver does'nt take care of anything and tells the kids to learn to fight back. if they fight back they get kicked off the bus. the little brats in the back of the bus can do anything they want. i hated school when i was a kid and i still do.
    was it always like this?
    i never had to ride the bus so i do'nt know, but i thought the driver was in charge not the kids.

Default Re: school bus argrrr

School Buses were always like that, although school bus situations have gotten worse though.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I haven't ridden a bus since kindergarten in Orlando. There were only like 10 kids on our bus and 9 of us got off at the same stop so i have no idea if they are the same now or not, since i don't know what they were like then...
    K

i call the school but it does'nt help. i wish i cuold drive them back and forth.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

It's a rite of passage...all kids have to go through that stuff. It sucks but such is school.

Caligula's Avatar Senior Member

The only thing I learnt from state education was how many assholes there were and how to deal with them. 'That which does not kill me makes me stronger' and all that (though that's always easier to say when it's someone else getting it in the neck). A small compensation, but if they're actually confiding in you about this it suggests you have a pretty good relationship with your kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula
    The only thing I learnt from state education was how many assholes there were and how to deal with them. 'That which does not kill me makes me stronger' and all that (though that's always easier to say when it's someone else getting it in the neck). A small compensation, but if they're actually confiding in you about this it suggests you have a pretty good relationship with your kids.
    thank you. i like to think our relationship is good. i just do'nt want to help to much but those little s.o.b.'s on the bus are starting to piss me off. they say your kids are diferent from you. this is very true cause mine are smart and do'nt know how to fight back. i would've been kick off the bus for tackin' out the biggest guys knees.

SUSIEQ502's Avatar Senior Member

The only good thing that kids get out of school is the experience and interactions with all kinds of different personalities and all kinds of situations. I hated school, but the B.S. I endured did make being a grown up easier to deal with.

Yeah like I'm so well adjusted...don't listen to me

Quote Originally Posted by SUSIEQ502
    The only good thing that kids get out of school is the experience and interactions with all kinds of different personalities and all kinds of situations. I hated school, but the B.S. I endured did make being a grown up easier to deal with.

Yeah like I'm so well adjusted...don't listen to me
    school is only for social interaction. apparently, in colleges here, they dont seem to care what you have for grades in high school.

If I had known that before, I would have socialized with people more instead of doing useless school work. (The teachers didnt even wait until class was over to toss out the papers of the class.)

SUSIEQ502's Avatar Senior Member

For real...I only went 1.5 years of high school, and went into college at 16. It was a joke in high school. They gave me a regular diploma anyways! I was the joke when I fuct off the college.

Yeah, and in college, the tests count for 80% of your grades, and even then, you dont even have to goto class!

If only I had known all that stuff 15 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    school is only for social interaction. apparently, in colleges here, they dont seem to care what you have for grades in high school.

If I had known that before, I would have socialized with people more instead of doing useless school work. (The teachers didnt even wait until class was over to toss out the papers of the class.)
    lol, no kidding! I got straight 'A's, did all sorts of volunteer and extra-curricular crap in high school, but still find my self getting in debt up to my eye-balls going to college because they wont give you crap for financial aide no matter how hard you worked. I would've been better off masturbating, at least I would've enjoyed it!

School sucks anyways. They barely teach you anything there. All it is is busy work that doesnt really acomplish anything.

Mother Superior

Our bus driver was the best, she would play our cassettes on the way to school. Mrs. Roberts, she was great. Nothing like listening to the "new" Ozzy with Randy Rhoads,on the way to school. Those were great memories. I was the last one to get on and the last one to get off, lol.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

I hated the bus too. We had the emotionally disturbed kids who would have spit fights and punch you when they felt like it. My super-dykemullet bus driver would just tell us to be quiet or to stop doing that. But, she never took down names and no one did anything. I did extra-cirricular sport to get away from those creeps. Of course, in high school they were taking make-up classes for what they had failed and were back on the after 5 PM bus. Thankfully we moved within walking distance of school.

ii hope we move soon. maybe we'll get a house within walking distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna
    ii hope we move soon. maybe we'll get a house within walking distance.
    Even just a shorter bus ride helps. At least your kids let you know and don't suffer in silence. My brother is famous for doing that, then he gets all mad 'cause you didn't "know" he was in "pain." Of course every family has got at least one martyr.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

That sucks Belladonna. If i lived in your town i'd gladly kick the shit out of the parents AND the bus driver for you.

~Histrionica~

Maybe you should get a big, scary looking man to ride the bus with your kids and scare the shit out of the bullies! (Or is that getting to involved?)
    -Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    Maybe you should get a big, scary looking man to ride the bus with your kids and scare the shit out of the bullies! (Or is that getting to involved?)
    -Nathan
    Oh, I think an Otto (from T.V.'s the Simpsons) type would keep in line just fine. That's fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Histrionica
    That sucks Belladonna. If i lived in your town i'd gladly kick the shit out of the parents AND the bus driver for you.

~Histrionica~
    that'd be great. i wish someone would. the parents think thier brats can do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    -Nathan
    if jas did'nt have to work he could do it. he's very scary when need be.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

As a former school bus driver.......... I can tell you that there are a lot of drivers that can't do anything about their kids.............. Unless bruises pop up, the only way we could get anyone in trouble was if we actually saw the incident. And if the problem is in the back of the bus....... the driver should be making them sit in the front........ if your kids come back with even a cut......... call a lawyer and at least threaten to sue them...... Drivers honestly can't do much more than that, when I was driving, I couldn't even tell my kids to shut up because that was considered cussing

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    As a former school bus driver.......... I can tell you that there are a lot of drivers that can't do anything about their kids.............. Unless bruises pop up, the only way we could get anyone in trouble was if we actually saw the incident. And if the problem is in the back of the bus....... the driver should be making them sit in the front........ if your kids come back with even a cut......... call a lawyer and at least threaten to sue them...... Drivers honestly can't do much more than that, when I was driving, I couldn't even tell my kids to shut up because that was considered cussing
    Plus, I would imagine, unlike my Otto example, a bus driver would be driving a bus. I know from driving delivery vans and over-size trucks that your more concerned about the road (especially in the winter) and less about what kids are killing each other in the back.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

In Canad we kill them...no actually the Bus routine is the smae everywheree in North America, Iwas happy when didn't have to take the bus.

Mother Superior

Haha when you think about it , a bus is huge. It's kind of hard to do anything, I feel sorry for the kids of today. I think a lot has changed but the human condition is still the same. There will always be bullies that aren't being given attention at home, and they take it out on someone else's child. That's throwing animals together, you are bound to get in a pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Haha when you think about it , a bus is huge. It's kind of hard to do anything, I feel sorry for the kids of today. I think a lot has changed but the human condition is still the same. There will always be bullies that aren't being given attention at home, and they take it out on someone else's child. That's throwing animals together, you are bound to get in a pecking order.
    they tell kids thet bullies think highly of themselves and that's why they pick on oyhers. i say bullshit! they do'nt feel good about themselves so they try to bring others down.
    for a while there was someone else on the bus to keep an eye on the kids. i guess that cost to much to keep up.
    my poor kids have to sit right behiond the bus driver. they think the troulbmakkers should have to sit there but when the whole bus is the problem your s.o.l.

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna
    they tell kids thet bullies think highly of themselves and that's why they pick on oyhers. i say bullshit! they do'nt feel good about themselves so they try to bring others down.
    for a while there was someone else on the bus to keep an eye on the kids. i guess that cost to much to keep up.
    my poor kids have to sit right behiond the bus driver. they think the troulbmakkers should have to sit there but when the whole bus is the problem your s.o.l.
    They do have people back east that sit with kids in the bus, security guards. But, that's a guns thing. So....

+ Reply to Thread