+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My rant about ModelMayhem.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: My rant about ModelMayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxSinner
    It's funny they buy a 50 dollar camera but pay models to take their tops off for 150 an hour...they should at least buy a better camera they can get more chicks to take their tops off
    I think there are too many girls there only looking for the $150 an hour and could care less if the guy even brings a camera.

I've seen 'models' on there complain that a photographer didn't drive a nice enough car. They don't care about the work, they care about hooking a 'customer' that will buy them stuff because they are just so headspun for potential titties and the candy sweet affection of a lovely young girl.

Ah. The bloodsuckers. Original Vampires. That's so goth.

We should name them OV's. Like OG's,as in Original gangsters, gang in Gothenburg, Sweden. Please check out the gallery on that one.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I've seen 'models' on there complain that a photographer didn't drive a nice enough car. They don't care about the work, they care about hooking a 'customer' that will buy them stuff because they are just so headspun for potential titties and the candy sweet affection of a lovely young girl.
    50 dollar camera... here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    50 dollar camera... here I come!
    From the way some of the people on that site act, I seriously think people could book jobs for $150 an hour and just hold their fingers up in a little box and say 'click' ...ok now, take off your top 'click' ...

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I don't understand how someone like that can call themselves a model. what you're describing is gross to me.

the candy sweet affection of a lovely young girl.

really?

young girls are capable of sweet affection?

homicidal_kiss's Avatar Random

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I don't understand how someone like that can call themselves a model. what you're describing is gross to me.
    i don't think these girls even seriously consider themselves to be models. they know what they are...whores.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i'm a whore and a model.
    but i hate girls claiming that they're models when they're only attention whores.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    i'm a whore and a model.
    but i hate girls claiming that they're models when they're only attention whores.

I am also a whore and a model :P But I do have some standards so a very picky whore. If I see the photographer is "trying" even though the port sucks, I take the job with pay in hopes that maybe if the tog had a good model to work with they would-could get better, but a port that looks like they could care less, I wouldn't work with at all.

By "whore" I am assuming that you ladies mean something other than "prostitute".

I find the whole business of prostitution to be quite strange. It's like it's from another planet or something. "Do people really do that?" Yes, yes they do. If it weren't for pimps, junkies, STD's, human trafficking and the occasional serial killer I wouldn't see any real harm in it.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    By "whore" I am assuming that you ladies mean something other than "prostitute".

I find the whole business of prostitution to be quite strange. It's like it's from another planet or something. "Do people really do that?" Yes, yes they do. If it weren't for pimps, junkies, STD's, human trafficking and the occasional serial killer I wouldn't see any real harm in it.

Not speaking for the specific folks who have posted here, but, on the site HB posted about to start this thread, yes, there are a lot of people who turn what should be about creating something beautiful into simple whoring. Like any sex work, different people end up performing different acts, depending on the money and their specific idiosyncrasies and the client. It varies whether a particular GWC gets a blowjob or just gets to view titties which would normally be out of his league.

In my opinion, there is a big difference in getting naked for art and getting naked to give the specific other person in a room a stiffy. As an actual working photographer, it is near impossible to book off a site where the initial negotiation involves someone being like, "so, how badly do you want me and wish you could get with me, baby?"

avant-gardener

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    In my opinion, there is a big difference in getting naked for art and getting naked to give the specific other person in a room a stiffy. As an actual working photographer, it is near impossible to book off a site where the initial negotiation involves someone being like, "so, how badly do you want me and wish you could get with me, baby?"
    An old friend of mine who is rather well-known in the field of "internet erotica" actually turned to self-portraiture almost exclusively because she got sick of working with male photographers. Even the ones who were trying to make a professional go of it, the ones making art, were still there because they got off on photographing naked chicks.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by 00goddess
    An old friend of mine who is rather well-known in the field of "internet erotica" actually turned to self-portraiture almost exclusively because she got sick of working with male photographers. Even the ones who were trying to make a professional go of it, the ones making art, were still there because they got off on photographing naked chicks.

If I may respectfully disagree, I think that is a total Letters to Penthouse "model" fantasy. Chicks looooooooooooove the idea of someone wanting them soooooooooo badly and they hate the idea that someone could look at them in all their naked glory and be thinking about the F-stop and whether the hair light needs repositioning. It is a lose/lose proposition for anyone holding a camera. If the photographer communicates to the model how little he or she would enjoy a pass from the model, then the shoot can really lose any excited energy it might have had and the whole mood of the day can suck. Honestly, I've been shocked by the amount enraged a woman scorned that way can get. Forrest Black and I lost one of our favorite models (from a muse perspective) when Forrest made an offhand remark about it being odd that her boyfriend was so jealous when obviously he didn't want to sleep with her. I recently had a model pitch a fit like I must not be a real friend if I didn't want to go to her orgy, even though there were going to be people there she was peeved to feel obligated to sleep with too. Give the model anything to hang the notion of being irresistible on, though, and . . . well, I think that goes poorly too.

Basically, I know a lot of models and a lot of photographers and I think a lot more models are trawling for some kind of sex game. Then again, a model can charge a GWC with a fetish far more than a quality working photographer will ever pay for artsy modeling work.

homicidal_kiss's Avatar Random

i get very confused by models wanting photographers to want them. i don't mind a photographer being attracted to me, but i prefer that they don't mention it. i get uncomfortable when photographers constantly hit on me.

i do, however, know several photographers that have sex with most of their models at shoots, or shortly after. most of them are quite popular, especially on sites like model mayhem.

I think it depends a lot on who you know. I'm certain there are pervs out there that push too hard, but in my experience, a lot of the problem these days is in the push-pull game being played by a lot of the newer 'models'. They want you to want them very badly, but they also want to be able to play coy and put upon. If you show no interest, they can be a real drag because they feel rejected. They will for example go around town and tell all their friends you are gay because, if you were not, then you surely would have gone for their action. This tends to ignore the fact that you look at hot girls all the damn time and you wouldn't have made it this far if you couldn't control yourself and behave in a professional capacity. Personally, if I worked in a donut shop for fifteen years, I suspect I'd get to the point where I could appreciate a great looking glazed-and-raised without going all Cookie Monster on it. But, if you say anything encouraging from a 'you look very awesome today' or 'that outfit looks amazing on your frame' perspective, they can twist that into some sort of pass you made, so they can tell all their friends about how some GWC was just drooooling over them and it was sooooo annoying.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

And this is part of the reason I like being friends with my photographers. Like funkatron and I. We first became friends, THEN we started working together. We know each other very well, and we do awesome work together because of it.

I can tell by the first few minutes that I'm with someone if I think we will have good chemistry on a set, but am willing to give everyone a shot, provided I don't get that creepy guy who sits in a beat up buick staring at little girls on the playground feel from him lol

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Not speaking for the specific folks who have posted here, but, on the site HB posted about to start this thread, yes, there are a lot of people who turn what should be about creating something beautiful into simple whoring.

My above comments weren't specifically directed at anyone who posted here, I was just riffing on the word.

Thing is, I find that "do ya want me?" attitude fucking annoying enough in real life. To the point of "Yeah, I want you. So, are you going to drop down, and blow me right here, or are you going to GTFO? No wait, I still want you, and GTFO anyway."

I think the correct answer to that question is "Baby I want you OVER 9000!"

In a business relationship that attitude would be unacceptable. That coy push/pull coquettishness that Forrest is describing is just fucking repulsive. It used to give me fits when I was a kid, but now that I'm "grown ass" the minute a girl starts in with that I start talking to her hot friends.

Thing is a naked body by itself doesn't really phase me, I don't get it. Yeah, sure they're real, and they're spectacular, but without the context of actually mutual attraction, the real prospect of hot sex, or whatever what's there to get excited about? I only want them if they want me? Everybody's naked under their clothes.

And again I know that people engage in prostitution, but ...huh? it's just so weird to me. No judgment, just confusion.

Meh.

to sum up:

Tits are awesome.

Tits I can't have taunting me can suck dog shit.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

"I want to get people off. I want to find the one person in the room who's not getting off and make them get off."

-Jason lee, Almost Famous

I dunno, that just popped into my head. great flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    i actually like Model Mayhem
    I like it there too.

BUT - for me living in the middle of nowhere {Arkansas}, it's about the only way that I can find photographers to work with.

I don't claim to be a real model, but I do it for hobby. I enjoy creating things with other creative people. The GWC's make me sick & there are way to many flakes, that's for sure, but I've met a few really rad people on there too.

MM has it's good & bad.

+ Reply to Thread