+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life is everchanging.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Default Life is everchanging.

Im just posting to let you all know you wont be seeing me around on the boards anymore. I feel that blueblood and I have defineately gone our seperate ways. I feel there is a little too much focus on specific models while the rest of us (or possibly just me) are left waiting for over 2 years to see our sets go up, and when one does its from about 4 years ago. Ive asked numerous times about this with no response back, or the subject completely avoided. I am not told about specific events that blueblood models will be attending to represent the site and quite frankly feel left behind.

I do thank Forrest and Amelia for the great magazine appearances and giving me the opportunity to strut my stuff. Blueblood will always hold a special place in my heart.

*kisses*

{end}

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Life is everchanging.

You know, I kind of don't think that's very reasonable. Blue Blood isn't just about publishing your pictures. That's part of what Blue Blood is about, but certainly not all of it, so having you post things like this and digitally stomp off in a huff because not enough of your pictures went up is really disappointing. We just put you on the cover of a really cool punk magazine, as well as a really cool CD cover, and a bunch of other stuff, in addition to all the cool magazines we've put you in and talked about you in. Who else is going to do all that for you? We appreciate your participation on our boards here, but to us, that isn't all worthless things you do in the mean time between having your pictures post. I'm happy you are eager to be involved but this is not the best way to go about things. If you can't see that, well... I'm not sure what to say. You are always free to be a part of what we do, a part of what we are trying to encourage socially. Nobody is forcing you.

That's a shame you feel that way Jax, I've always really enjoyed chatting with you and the finality of your post is disappointment. I hope you have a change of heart. I think your tops.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

*huggs*

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

Sorry you feel that way, Jax. Take care and I'll see you around on the Spaz. xoxo

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    You know, I kind of don't think that's very reasonable. Blue Blood isn't just about publishing your pictures. That's part of what Blue Blood is about, but certainly not all of it, so having you post things like this and digitally stomp off in a huff because not enough of your pictures went up is really disappointing. We just put you on the cover of a really cool punk magazine, as well as a really cool CD cover, and a bunch of other stuff, in addition to all the cool magazines we've put you in and talked about you in. Who else is going to do all that for you? We appreciate your participation on our boards here, but to us, that isn't all worthless things you do in the mean time between having your pictures post. I'm happy you are eager to be involved but this is not the best way to go about things. If you can't see that, well... I'm not sure what to say. You are always free to be a part of what we do, a part of what we are trying to encourage socially. Nobody is forcing you.

Since you guys decided to take this to my ******* and post the link to this response, I decided to log in one more time to ask you a very simple question.

What IS the best way to go about it? Would that be to keep sending you message after message for another few years with no response? Or possibly ask Thistle Harlequin to pass messages to you hoping if he brought it to your attention I might get a response (and I still never got a response)? Contacting you privately wasnt working, and its sad that me bringing this publically was the only way to get any sort of response to anything, even though my original questions still havent been answered.

Stop trying to make me look ungrateful or that Im stomping off in a digital huff. Its really starting to piss me off. How long do you think people will sit here and keep being ignored before they finally just say fuck it?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Since you guys decided to take this to my ******* and post the link to this response, I decided to log in one more time to ask you a very simple question.

What IS the best way to go about it? Would that be to keep sending you message after message for another few years with no response? Or possibly ask Thistle Harlequin to pass messages to you hoping if he brought it to your attention I might get a response (and I still never got a response)? Contacting you privately wasnt working, and its sad that me bringing this publically was the only way to get any sort of response to anything, even though my original questions still havent been answered.

Stop trying to make me look ungrateful or that Im stomping off in a digital huff. Its really starting to piss me off. How long do you think people will sit here and keep being ignored before they finally just say fuck it?
    No one is trying to make you look ungrateful, but, now that you put it that way, it does seem like you are very competitive with other Blue Blood hotties and do not seem to appreciate how much special attention and treatment you have received.

In broad strokes, I would say there are two general approaches which are good. You could be human and personal about making contact i.e. have an actual friendly and supportive relationship and not just get in touch when you want something. Or you could be polite and professional about things and go through proper channels. Until such time as I have someone who just deals with booking and related matters, Thistle and Del handle incoming messages as best as is possible. When you add up the SNS profiles and email addresses, Blue Blood gets many thousands of messages a day, so it is not like I could just go through each one personally. Blue Blood is a big company and I do my best to respond personally to as much as possible. I work very very very hard and of course I have to have assistants. No company Blue Blood's size could have the Editor-in-Chief handle all incoming mail traffic, so please do not belittle what someone like Thistle does.

In specific, I don't know what events you think you should have been invited to when you live across the country or what your specific question is and, whatever it is, I think it would be appropriate for you to reply to Forrest's questions before asking it. That whole thing about treating others as you would wish to be treated and all.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    No one is trying to make you look ungrateful, but, now that you put it that way, it does seem like you are very competitive with other Blue Blood hotties and do not seem to appreciate how much special attention and treatment you have received.

In broad strokes, I would say there are two general approaches which are good. You could be human and personal about making contact i.e. have an actual friendly and supportive relationship and not just get in touch when you want something. Or you could be polite and professional about things and go through proper channels. Until such time as I have someone who just deals with booking and related matters, Thistle and Del handle incoming messages as best as is possible. When you add up the SNS profiles and email addresses, Blue Blood gets many thousands of messages a day, so it is not like I could just go through each one personally. Blue Blood is a big company and I do my best to respond personally to as much as possible. I work very very very hard and of course I have to have assistants. No company Blue Blood's size could have the Editor-in-Chief handle all incoming mail traffic, so please do not belittle what someone like Thistle does.

In specific, I don't know what events you think you should have been invited to when you live across the country or what your specific question is and, whatever it is, I think it would be appropriate for you to reply to Forrest's questions before asking it. That whole thing about treating others as you would wish to be treated and all.
    Competitive with other Blueblood models? Since when? Actually me and a few of your models are friends and talk quite a bit off the boards. Dont know where you got that from *shrugging*. And youre right, I dont seem to appriciate anything, thats why I constantly thank you guys for everything, link the website and highly recommend you on every punk site Im on. I was actually talking to the owner of a punk radio station that broadcasts nationwide to promote blueblood and the same models Im apparantly competitive against since Ive been helping them promote and have free advertising space. That would have been a great tool to get more people on both sites. Mmhmm. I recently stopped when I posted this thread, and you just seem to notice when I stop? But never noticed how much I promoted you guys for the 8 or so years I started shooting with you. I see.

Im sorry, I did stop contacting you to see how you guys were doing after that whole fiasco between you guys, Szandora and I. Its shady no matter how you look at it, and why anyone would make up the things I was told is beyond me and really dont understand how I should have been the subject of any nasty conversation between you and your models. I actually called you when I had your number to see how you were doing, but after never getting any contact back and once again being ignored, I deleted your phone number. You said it yourself, youre very busy and cant keep up with it, so why should I keep going out on a limb if its not appriciated?

Go through proper channels? Ive been doing that for years, both through email and *******. Short of tracking down your number or showing up on your doorstep, I think I went about it the right way. I even gave you guys the benefit of the doubt thinking you were just busy and would get back to me, or maybe you forgot, but it finally sunk in that even when I contacted you to see how things were going, I still wouldnt get a reply back. And Id like to know what exactly it was that I wanted. I asked a simple question.

And wow, I belittled what Thistle does? Youre reaching. All I did was try and go through another channel, and still got no response.

So youre whole deal about treating others as you wish to be treated goes both ways. Whens the last time you contacted me to see how I was doing? Whens the last time you contacted me to make idle chit chat? Maybe I should have ignored you guys like you have been me, I think that would have saved you the precious time it took to respond to me publically. But, blueblood was a big part of my life, and it really sucked that short of getting naked for a few measly dollars, none of my other efforts were appriciated.

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

I have no clue what's going on, and it's really none of my business, so I don't care to learn about it. However, I'll say this: what you chose to do here definitely comes off as throwing a bit of a tantrum. Times when I've actually said "fuck it" I've done stuff like delete a person's phone number, tossed shit in the trash, and the like, because I was actually saying "fuck it, I don't care anymore." I didn't post stuff on their web site explaining why I would not be posting on their web site anymore. Doing this won't make you feel any better in the long run; it will, unfortunately, just lead to more embarrassment, miscommunication, and anger all around.

Good luck to you. I've always liked your work.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Jax, no offense, but this seems to be personal business between you and Forrest and Amelia. Please leave us out of it.

I'm not taking sides and I don't want to. I'm just suggesting private business should stay exactly that.

Meet in person, have a sit down, or at least call. And at the same time, lock/delete this thread.

Competitive with other Blueblood models? Since when? Actually me and a few of your models are friends and talk quite a bit off the boards. Dont know where you got that from *shrugging*. And youre right, I dont seem to appriciate anything, thats why I constantly thank you guys for everything, link the website and highly recommend you on every punk site Im on. I was actually talking to the owner of a punk radio station that broadcasts nationwide to promote blueblood and the same models Im apparantly competitive against since Ive been helping them promote and have free advertising space. That would have been a great tool to get more people on both sites. Mmhmm. I recently stopped when I posted this thread, and you just seem to notice when I stop? But never noticed how much I promoted you guys for the 8 or so years I started shooting with you. I see.

Any time you have ever expressed any dissatisfaction, your complaint is always that you feel there are models Blue Blood favors over you. How could that be interpreted as anything other than you being competitive with other Blue Blood hotties?

When Blue Blood has promoted you in various places, we have let you know where. If you extended Blue Blood the same courtesy that Blue Blood extended to you there, then maybe we would know about any promotion you have done.

Im sorry, I did stop contacting you to see how you guys were doing after that whole fiasco between you guys, Szandora and I. Its shady no matter how you look at it, and why anyone would make up the things I was told is beyond me and really dont understand how I should have been the subject of any nasty conversation between you and your models. I actually called you when I had your number to see how you were doing, but after never getting any contact back and once again being ignored, I deleted your phone number. You said it yourself, youre very busy and cant keep up with it, so why should I keep going out on a limb if its not appriciated?
    The "nasty conversation" you think you were the subject of is something you already asked me and Forrest about in person and we both answered you in person. I mean, really, some other model tells you we said you are "ugly" and you even halfway believe that??? There are more than 500 photographs Forrest Black and I shot of you on BlueBlood.com right now. Why would we have photographed you so many times if we thought you were "ugly"? Why would we have encouraged you to submit the sets by outside photographers you promised if we thought you were "ugly"? Blue Blood gets around 300 model submissions a week and has for many many years. Why would we choose to work with someone and then go around saying they were "ugly" to anyone? That is the most ridiculous thing and it genuinely disturbs me that you could believe it for five seconds. Don't you own a mirror and know what you look like?

Go through proper channels? Ive been doing that for years, both through email and *******. Short of tracking down your number or showing up on your doorstep, I think I went about it the right way. I even gave you guys the benefit of the doubt thinking you were just busy and would get back to me, or maybe you forgot, but it finally sunk in that even when I contacted you to see how things were going, I still wouldnt get a reply back. And Id like to know what exactly it was that I wanted. I asked a simple question.
    I don't know what the question was. If you do not feel the question merits repeating here and it was something you ran through Thistle and Del and they thought it was not something which required my attention, it probably didn't.

And wow, I belittled what Thistle does? Youre reaching. All I did was try and go through another channel, and still got no response.
    I think describing the process of going through my assistant as "ask Thistle Harlequin to pass messages to you" sounds belittling to the difficult and valuable job he does, but, if you didn't mean it that way, that's a good thing and no harm done.

So youre whole deal about treating others as you wish to be treated goes both ways. Whens the last time you contacted me to see how I was doing? Whens the last time you contacted me to make idle chit chat? Maybe I should have ignored you guys like you have been me, I think that would have saved you the precious time it took to respond to me publically. But, blueblood was a big part of my life, and it really sucked that short of getting naked for a few measly dollars, none of my other efforts were appriciated.
    It is you who apparently thinks the only important thing you could do is get naked for Blue Blood. I valued your participation in the community. I think a lot of the members here enjoyed you. But you are the one who is storming off in a huff unless we meet your demands to post more naked pictures of you. It is not Blue Blood but you who apparently values your nudity so much more than your words or personality or any human connections you could make.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Jax, no offense, but this seems to be personal business between you and Forrest and Amelia. Please leave us out of it.

I'm not taking sides and I don't want to. I'm just suggesting private business should stay exactly that.

Meet in person, have a sit down, or at least call. And at the same time, lock/delete this thread.
    Nevermind the message I sent that they once again ignored, but are more than happy to bring it on the boards instead of replying to my private message.

Im not dragging anyone into anything. If they would have just let it be instead of making snark comments on my ******* page and then posted a link to come back to the forum, none of this would have come about.

Im done with this site. I have more important life things happening that I need to concentrate on rather then some pissing contest because people feel the need to beat a dead horse.

Thanks to the members who converse with me through *******!

Later.

Jax, I've seen you complain all over the internet about that one set not going up. Various people from Blue Blood have generally responded to you on whatever site it was that you were complaining on. I'm pretty sure I've answered your original question about why that one particular set hasn't gone up but it looks like you are not going to stop complaining until it posts. Frankly, I don't think it's very reasonable to be quite so down on Blue Blood just because one set hasn't been put on one of our sites, when pictures from that set have been published, with you fully credited by the way, in several magazines all over the world. I think that getting recognition and attention like that is actually pretty cool and would be a lot of people's entire goal in shooting. But no, I have to see you talking trash on several other sites over the years, most recently about how "Blue Blood is at it again." At exactly what? Someone in our organization pointed out that if you were going to credit yourself and thank the magazine that maybe it would be cool to give a little credit to us as well? It was a feature on Blue Blood after all, not you. A lot of Blue Blood people had pictures in that feature, but you happened to make the cover. Personally, I wish they hadn't asked you nicely to give Blue Blood some credit because I knew full well you'd throw a tantrum over it. But, now that you have, explain to me EXACTLY what your problem is. You didn't get an invitation to one club I didn't even go to either? You live across the country!?!? I really don't get what is eating at you, so maybe we can solve the problem by understanding what exactly the base problem is. Explain it for us.

Nevermind the message I sent that they once again ignored, but are more than happy to bring it on the boards instead of replying to my private message.

Im not dragging anyone into anything. If they would have just let it be instead of making snark comments on my ******* page and then posted a link to come back to the forum, none of this would have come about.

Im done with this site. I have more important life things happening that I need to concentrate on rather then some pissing contest because people feel the need to beat a dead horse.

Later.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

I hope you are all able to amicably resolve this and continue making art for us to enjoy. I think everyone here agrees how talented you all are.

Later.

I have noticed that when people on the internet talk about beating a dead horse, they usually mean that they have realized the other person is right and they are just too proud to apologize for having treated them unfairly. They can't respond because the only reasonable response would be an apology, so they have to say that responding would be beating a dead horse or some such.

I had the courtesy to answer every single thing you said point-by-point. Attempting to address your concerns is not engaging in a pissing contest.

You still have not said what your question is or which events precisely you are upset at not having gone to.

I have seen the ******* post and it was just a request that, if you were listing credits, you credit the photographers and Blue Blood. You were the one who posted the first link to the Blue Blood forums.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Aaaargh... eek.... hmm..... frown....

It makes me sad and uncomfortable to read this thread..... I wanna bite my lip and rewind real quick and NOT have read it..... buuuuuut that is not possible :-(

I can only say in defense of BlueBlood that I have had a spotless relationship both professionally and otherwise with both Forrest and Amelia for about 6 1/2 years. They run my site and we shoot stuff for BlueBlood, and we have never had any conflict regarding such matters.

I think when stuff takes a while to post it's because a) there are more spectacular photos we have shot together that they would rather post instead or b) they take like a billion pictures and sometimes they don't get around to posting them right away..... this is something I have experienced with many photographers on many site's and it is a pretty normal situation.... I don't now what arrangements you all made in regards to the set at hand, that's just my opinion, speaking from my experiences.....

I think the internet has created this disconnect in our relationships with people by giving us this separation that is not found in those relationships we culture off line. Even when you know someone in real life you can have a much different relationship with them online, because of the anonymity that web communications create between us. I have had relationships with people that seemed great, people I would go to coffee with and socialize with, only to later receive hateful emails about my negligence as a friend. This is something I feel is specific to the internet, one of the main things I find unappealing about it.....

Lastly, I do hope there is some amicable resolution cause I have always enjoyed our infrequent chats (Jax) on here and elsewhere online and I would hate for you to disappear....

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

She's flipped the double kickstands and walked out. I think Forrest and Amelia have been more than hospitable. They've had more patience than I would have.

Nothing (once again) against Jax, but frankly, iffen yer gonna leave a place, just leave it. A big dramatic exit speech is simply er, pathetic? Jax, you're better than that.

Amelia, Forrest, she's said her fuck you's on the way out, let the door slam shut behind her. You've done your bit, and she's said she's done. I'd respect that.

Hope to see you around, Jax, y'v never done me any wrong, but I'd just say lock anyone's else shit outta yer ******* and leave it be on theirs.

You are so right, Scar, while the net has so many advantages, it also has created a 'disconnect' in personal relationships. I once worked for a woman who was sweet as pie and fun as hell in person, but on the net...she was mean and nasty and created a lot of trouble for me and my husband within our social group.

I don't know everything about the above situation, but I've got a general idea, and it makes me both angry and sad. And reminds me why I get so tired and jaded about sub/alt culture and start refraining from participating. It seems to me that it all has become more about The Cult of Celebrity than enjoying and supporting people of like mind.

"If I can't be the most downloaded image..., or the most popular and recognized..., or have the most hits and/or friends on My Space..., then I don't want to be in your stinking subculture!"

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by DoomTart
    I don't know everything about the above situation, but I've got a general idea, and it makes me both angry and sad. And reminds me why I get so tired and jaded about sub/alt culture and start refraining from participating. It seems to me that it all has become more about The Cult of Celebrity than enjoying and supporting people of like mind.

"If I can't be the most downloaded image..., or the most popular and recognized..., or have the most hits and/or friends on My Space..., then I don't want to be in your stinking subculture!"
    You are so far off the mark that its actually hilarious.

If I can plant one tiny little seed over that fact that its not cool to continuously ignore someone, then Ive done my job.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

My love bigger than a Cadillac
    I try to show it and you're drivin' me back
    Your love for me has got to be real
    For you to know just how I feel
    Love is real and not fade away
    Well love is real and not fade away

Nobody is ignoring you Jax. A set of photos from a paid job a million years ago has not been fully published on one of our sites, even though images from that series have been published, with full credits to you, in several internationally distributed magazines. You pretty much always get a response from us here, but I honestly just don't have an answer for you on when or if that particular series may or may not be put on one of our sites. It wasn't a trade shoot. I'm under no obligation to post the series at all. I'm very happy with the shots that have been put in the magazines. You have those tears in your various portfolios. That is frequently the entire goal of most photoshoots after all. You have not specified any event that you feel slighted for not being invited to. I really don't know what to do for you, but I really don't feel like the bad guy here. I've done absolutely nothing wrong.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Nobody is ignoring you Jax. A set of photos from a paid job a million years ago has not been fully published on one of our sites, even though images from that series have been published, with full credits to you, in several internationally distributed magazines. You pretty much always get a response from us here, but I honestly just don't have an answer for you on when or if that particular series may or may not be put on one of our sites. It wasn't a trade shoot. I'm under no obligation to post the series at all. I'm very happy with the shots that have been put in the magazines. You have those tears in your various portfolios. That is frequently the entire goal of most photoshoots after all. You have not specified any event that you feel slighted for not being invited to. I really don't know what to do for you, but I really don't feel like the bad guy here. I've done absolutely nothing wrong.
    Wasnt that easy?

And it took almost 2 years to hear.

Thanks.

But I didn't tell you anything new?

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Maybe you thought you told me something, but I have no response of any kind from you at all when I asked about it.

+ Reply to Thread