+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Have you met/ do you know anyone from the boards in real life???

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Default Re: Have you met/ do you know anyone from the boards in real life???

BlueBlood Con, anyone?

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

What, you mean rent a hotel room, get a fuckload of booze, and play loud Gothic music and fuck each other senseless?

Yeah, I'm game. Count me in.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

What, you mean rent a hotel room, get a fuckload of booze, and play loud Gothic music and fuck each other senseless?

Yeah, I'm game. Count me in.

I'm always down for a con (and the associated decadence.)

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I third the motion for a BB con/gathering thing. Now we just need Forrest and Amelia to weigh in and carry the motion. Or we could do an unofficial BYOB private party kind of thing sometime in the fall....

~K

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I'm awfully good at throwing a big bash and I registered the domains bluebloodcon.com and bluebloodconvention.com years and years ago. My biggest stumbling block is location. Where would the largest number of people be able to show up to? I'd want it to be good for everyone who knows each other from the forums and people who know each other from the BlueBlood.com content and writers and photogs and models etc. I think Vegas is convenient with cheap airfares, but, after how hard C9 sucked, I'm not sure how many people would be down for going there. Los Angeles is convenient for me, but awfully expensive for out-of-towners. I've even thought of doing it overseas, although that might be more stressful for organization. What do you all think?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I vote Atlanta. its not as far south as orlando (and not as touristy). though I myself wouldn't say no to an LA gathering (i miss LA) it's so far away for my broke ass...

wait we have a poll function - why don't we vote on it.
    ~K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    hey Eclipse - what part of americas wang are you in? I'm over where hte shuttle goes up from and dying to get out of the house.

~K

Well Keiko I'm in the north-central area.... in the town of Gainesville, where the University of Florida is located.... so it looks like about a 3 hour drive from your locale depending where exactly you reside. Where abouts do you go for clubbing/partying and the like? Whorelando?

As for the BB con.... hm... I'm biased that it be somewhere within 3 states of Florida as I'm currently living here hehe :-p but If I had time to save up for it, I wouldn't mind a trip out to LA, I agree we should Poll it!

I've never been to Atlanta but it does house one of the biggest con's there is, Dragon Con so I'm sure it must be a decent place to have Conventions.

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

Los Angeles but that is just me, I am biased & if I travel I gotta pay the cat sitter. I would still do my best to get there though.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xochitl
    Los Angeles but that is just me, I am biased & if I travel I gotta pay the cat sitter. I would still do my best to get there though.
    what kinda dog is that in your profile... he's a cutie.

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Were I selfish, I'd say Indianapolis, which is super duper easy for me. And hey, GenCon is there! And, it's relatively central and not super expensive. But, it's also not an airline hub (so it can cost more to fly there) and it's not like a nightlife bonanza (that might not be a huge issue -- I only can do that kind of thing in small chunks, and I think a con should be inclusive for old fogies like me).

Chicago is close to me, but is probably worthy of serious consideration anyway. It's an airline hub so flights are easier and cheaper. It's relatively central too, and a lot of east-coast folks can catch regional flights. It has tons of shit going on subculture-wise.

Atlanta is a hub too, and seems to have lots of stuff going on. People are really nice there too. It's warm, although a bit on the humid side.

DC is a cool city with lots of subculture stuff, but it also seemed expensive as fuck. I'm no expert, tho.

Portland is a fucking kickass town, with lots of cool shit, really good public transportation, and a lot less fear of getting stabbed than a proper Big City. It ain't cheap to fly there, though, and road trips would be basically impossible unless you lived in Washington or Oregon.

LA is clearly worthy of consideration, but it's interesting that I see very few tech conventions being hosted there, which makes me think that it must be expensive to do stuff there compared to other places. I'd go to something there, though.

SF would be interesting too, but I've never been.

I want to go to Vegas sometime, so that would be kinda awesome.

Other places maybe worth thinking about:
    -Austin
    -Seattle
    -New Orleans

Poppy's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by funkatron

Other places maybe worth thinking about:
    -Austin
    -Seattle
    -New Orleans

I second Austin!

+ Reply to Thread