+ Reply to Thread

Thread: skype and other such voip crap

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Default skype and other such voip crap

ok, so being the nerdy technophile that i am, I wanted to get something that could use the immense amount of free wifi in my (newish) area, Seattle.
    While probing thru my old bookmarks I ran across Fringe, and skype. I updated, and upgraded, my skype account so that I can call land lines, receive calls, etc. Not too shabby for a stinking $7 per month! So far the call quality has been moderate to fucking sweet, but I'm looking for more tests; TEST!!!!
    If your bored, and feel like rambling with a total stranger, skype me. (yeah baby, just like that )
    If you have exp. with other voip solutions spit it out. Just don't even mention Vonage!

theUnclean (206) 792-9416

ps: mogul and I are putting up an podcast which we are working right now. fun fun

Bane

Default Re: skype and other such voip crap

Whats wrong with Vonage? (besides being in a mountain of debt) It's what I use, never had a problem with it once.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Skype is mega awesome. even calling home from europe, despite the occasional static interruption, it was great.
    I won't call you as I'm distracted enough as it is and should be working. and i suck at the phone, we don't get along at all.
    ~K

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I have skype. Anyone wanna talk video?

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Wrong with vonage, well, it's too expensive. Might as well take the cost and add it to your cell phone since all providers have free nationwide long distance. And imho, free or uber cheap is better.

Me...a distraction...eh, I've been called worse. much, much worse, and for some reason, quite often

I can't video skype, broke my frkn webcam a few months ago. Lookin around for another right now.

Hrm..maybe it's because Ive had vonage since it's been out, but my monthly bill is only 14.99 a month..not free by any means, but not expensive either.
    It's more than just free nationwide long distance..free calls to Europe and most of the world too

But to each their own! Havent used Skype before so i can't really compare the two.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

I use Skype and AIM, but the problem is that for most of my life we had 'telephonic talking machines' - dinky little boxes powered by the phone company that kinda sat there and did their thing all untended. Now I gotta leave a PC running all day in case someone wants to call from the other side of the planet; which they always do as it's "free" for them. Free because they're not paying my electricity bills, though with Skype there's always the option to Prime them for access to mah s3xayne55.

My video cam watches my coffee cup and a pet rock until at least 8pm. There are things even mature adults shouldn't see, and a squished mohawk is one of them. Besides, phones are dangerous things. Five minutes on the phone changes your opinion of someone more than five years on a forum ever will.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

+ Reply to Thread