+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cause I just had to share

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Cause I just had to share

pictures of me and cookies from over the holidays. from upper left - ginger snaps, toxie (oatmeal scotchie things), egg nogg cookies, snow balls (russian tea cakes) and peanut butter kisses. separate plate is chocolate melt-aways with cherry cordials, chocolate mints, dark and milk chocolates.

the online bakery goes live next week! *squee*

~K

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Default Re: Cause I just had to share

I dig pb kisses! My lady made some for the holiday, mmm, cookies!
    what's the details on your online bakery?

ps: damn K! Your such a hottie, and a baker...dangerous

You know when you sent me that picture last night I was already busting out the credit card lol.

I hope it goes well for you hun, i'll promote you like I do everything else I enjoy.

the bakery won't go live next week as i've since been informed by my webmaster. we're looking at a MegaCon launch (march 7th) though if you want to pre order there will be special hand painted collector's cookie tins. sadly as it is after the holidays i can't take orders for egg nogg cookies till next december. but if you want to send me a request (noobcakery@gmail.com) orders are by the dozen. all are hand mixed with a wooden spoon or a hand mixer that my mom in law has owned since '81. everything is made with real butter real eggs and real milk. if you have a request for rice flour, soy milk, almond butter instead of peanut, etc. please include these in your request. these special request will cost a little extra, but it you will still receive home made hand baked real cookies. no high fructose corn syrup, no blue lake 40, nothing that can't be pronounced or bought at the local grocery. the food is in no way healthy, but it's really food, no a prepackaged mass produced facsimile.

i should have a paypal up by next week. I'll be taking "donations" for shipping, etc. till the store goes live.

happy nibbling!

~K

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I am so ordering cookies from you. Post as soon as you are ready!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I wish I could, but Customs would probably eat the bloody things before I got a look in.

By the way Amelia, I love your new pic!

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Cookies! They look delicious. As does the tub of Kisses, though it looks oddly like the tub of Kisses in my kitchen at the moment.

Though I know that the perv in me just wants to say that 'I can eat Keiko's cookie whenever I want.' when I order some.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

dayum! thems some nice cookies! and it feels vaguely unsettling for a keiko thread that that isnt a euphamism

are you gonna be making like sample packs? cos that would be cool. although, understandable if not as you wouldnt be able to make just like individual packages. assuming you make them in batches of a dozen (since thats how you sell em - yes, i ams clevar) would you be willing to make sample packs of two of each cookie if 6 BB members ordered them?

that said, im not sure how well cookies would cope with being sent to australia i always miss out...

hmm *ponders sending cookies to Australia and other exotic locales* other than being terribly expensive it is possible to 2-3 day ship stuff. i dunno how well they would travel though, one doesn't really want a tin of crumbs.

though i could see me working out a deal with my loverly english friends that want cookies. in exchange for a nominal fee and some sherbet lemons....

~K

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I am so ordering cookies from you. Post as soon as you are ready!
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    I wish I could, but Customs would probably eat the bloody things before I got a look in.

By the way Amelia, I love your new pic!
    Agreed!

And about customs, i have friends in he UK, Ireland and Sweden and we swap different candies and food all the time. The only thing that has ever been stopped is when I sent a ButterFinger to the UK..they took that because it's got a chemical in it that's apparently illegal.

There is a list around the net somewhere showing what can and cant be shipped food wise to different countries *_*

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    hmm *ponders sending cookies to Australia and other exotic locales* other than being terribly expensive it is possible to 2-3 day ship stuff. i dunno how well they would travel though, one doesn't really want a tin of crumbs.

though i could see me working out a deal with my loverly english friends that want cookies. in exchange for a nominal fee and some sherbet lemons....

~K
    i know! im gonna miss out.

my cwying

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

OMG cookies!

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Agreed!

Agreed!

And about customs, i have friends in he UK, Ireland and Sweden and we swap different candies and food all the time. The only thing that has ever been stopped is when I sent a ButterFinger to the UK..they took that because it's got a chemical in it that's apparently illegal.
    *about to put a Butterfinger in his mouth*

What, I say WHAT, the fuck?

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by keiko

~K
    Sherbet Lemons! Soooo much sugar...

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

Real cookies are amazing, I work in a cookie factory and the stuff that goes into them are just disgusting. Nothing makes you want to eat a store-bought, packaged cookie less than seeing its parts.

That being said, nothing makes me want a nice, big home-made cookie than that pic! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    Real cookies are amazing, I work in a cookie factory and the stuff that goes into them are just disgusting. Nothing makes you want to eat a store-bought, packaged cookie less than seeing its parts.

That being said, nothing makes me want a nice, big home-made cookie than that pic! :P
    *hugs* may i steal this as an endorsement? *glee*

~K

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

In insist that you do, and as a fellow cooking/baking enthusist, Thank you for feeding us real food! (well, real junk food)

+ Reply to Thread