+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Die Young Stay Pretty

Default Die Young Stay Pretty

The thing I love best about photography is the way it can capture and preserve a moment.

Most of my ephemeral moments have gone unrecorded. When I got to college, it was my twelfth school in twelve years. Moving that often gave me many qualities I like about myself,...
    Read the full article

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Default Re: Die Young Stay Pretty

Quote Originally Posted by The Newswire
    Oscar Wilde once famously said, “After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see them as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, which is the most horrible thing in the world.”...

Dreams and relationships may wither or shatter, but our photographs preserve one hot moment.
    Oh how that last quote fits so well into life.
    I had no idea you're a Wilde fan, interesting reads are often produced by the uninhibited/induced mind.
    Nice article Amelia, well suited for looking back on a year (or any amount of time).

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by theUnclean
    Oh how that last quote fits so well into life.
    I had no idea you're a Wilde fan, interesting reads are often produced by the uninhibited/induced mind.
    Nice article Amelia, well suited for looking back on a year (or any amount of time).
    Thank you! You totally get the theme of the article.

How can anyone not love someone who answer the prosecution's question in a homosexuality trial, "Did you kiss the boy?" "No, he was far too plain."

My parents told me that story when I was very young as a cautionary tale and I just thought Oscar Wilde was awesome. Not the message they were trying to convey.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

It kinda makes me think of betty page, and I find it a bit sad that she wouldn't allow herself to be seen in a her later years. for her her photograph became who she was, fantasy coming at the expense of reality. It's important to capture a moment, but not to forget that life is a series of moments, and it's also important to know when to let things pass.

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

This is a great piece
    *YAY*

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

When I was looking at those pics at your place I thought that was who was in the image, and how ironic the choice in jackets was... I had wanted to ask but felt a little weird asking.... plus I had only met him and felt like I would be prying.....

on a lighter note I love the pix of me and Tim and my step mom from that night, and I like to think back about how me and Tim got in a fight that night cause I got a call from another guy (who I ended up dating shortly after Tim and I split) and how it was the first of many Halloweens my step mom and I dressed up and went out together.... ah, memories! And now in present day, Tim and I are close friends and laugh at those chaotic days we spent together as a couple.....

+ Reply to Thread