+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Circus was in town......

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default The Circus was in town......

I went to see Cirque du Soleil a couple months ago and it weas so so so amazing! We had 3rd row seats, thanks to my friend Bradical who can get them from his work. It had been forever since I had gone to the circus, and things have definitely become more spectacular since then. The theme dealt with the transition between life and death, and had beautiful imagery with angels, dead folks and other such novelties. I was so so so impressed, had it not been the end of the run I would have gone again! My favorite part was when this tiny contortionist lady (and by tiny I mean like 3 feet tall) was lifted into the air by just enough balloons to float into the audience. She would descend upon the guests and then we were instructed to push her back up into the air and she would float to another excited pair of hands. The apparatus that held her to the balloons allowed her to spin completely around, so she could dance through the air. It was so rad, she was speaking in French the whole time and was so so so cuuuuute :-) Later she did a contortionist act with a man we can only assume was her husband, that was also spectacular! So yeah, if it comes through your neck of th woods, go see it for sure!!!

Cirque du Soleil, Corteo

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: The Circus was in town......

I've heard Cirque Du Soleil is EVIL to its staff.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Truely one of the most amazing visual shows I have ever seen, I love the contortionists. I have seen it live a few times, but still enjoy when I can catch it on cable.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

ive been wanting to see the cirque du soleil for like evers! i missed out by about five minutes on getting a ticket last time they were over here

+ Reply to Thread