+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bauhaus : Go Away White review

Default Bauhaus : Go Away White review

Bauhaus' new..and last album since 1983, i think is a way to go out with a bang.
    It starts off kinda poppy..but interesting. Kinda Bauhaus' meets Duran Duran. But as the album continues forward, it gets slower...and darker.

The album starts off with Too Much 21st Century, which has a uplifting kind of tempo and bass riff.

Adrenalin, the second song, has a good modern style with the traditional Bauhaus guitar.

Around the 6th track, Saved, It gets down to around 50 BPM it seems, with long drawn vocals and just an organ synth in the background.

The Dog's a Vapour is probably the darkest song on the album, with some ghostly vocals and lyrics masked by the slow tempo of guitar strums and faintly beaten kick drum.

Overall, I give this album a 9 out of 10.
    The vocals are top notch Peter Murphy, and it's a spooky good time.

Default Re: Bauhaus : Go Away White review

Wow, I didn't know it was out yet. That's awesome. I heard two live bootlegs a while back that sounded pretty cool.

I have a little Bauhaus news to add. I'm pretty skeptical but apparently David J. is currently writing a musical. Who knows what that will sound like...

I also heard that Daniel and Peter had a huge falling out while finishing up the recording of this album so they may never tour with it. Lame!

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    Wow, I didn't know it was out yet. That's awesome. I heard two live bootlegs a while back that sounded pretty cool.

I have a little Bauhaus news to add. I'm pretty skeptical but apparently David J. is currently writing a musical. Who knows what that will sound like...

I also heard that Daniel and Peter had a huge falling out while finishing up the recording of this album so they may never tour with it. Lame!
    A musical, i fkn hate musical!...but would probably have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter

Not out till March, but I heard the album from a DJ pool im with. Its pretty good :^)

Also according to some sources you are correct that there will be no supporting tour for this album...sad :^(

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Not out till March, but I heard the album from a DJ pool im with. Its pretty good :^)

Also according to some sources you are correct that there will be no supporting tour for this album...sad :^(
    Nuu! Nothing for me to really want to go to yet be entirely unable to afford!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Maybe when they tour this time, they'll sell out in Newcastle (Last year they didn't sell out in 1 city in the UK. Mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    Maybe when they tour this time, they'll sell out in Newcastle (Last year they didn't sell out in 1 city in the UK. Mine!
    There not touring this album. Will just be an album release, and thats that :^(

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Bugger! Maybe after a while they will... One can hope!

+ Reply to Thread