+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sometimes I am afraid to make friends.....

Default Re: Sometimes I am afraid to make friends.....

I only really get frustrated with my friends when they don't return calls/leave me hanging.

Most of the time I could care less if they are going to do something or not. But calling and giving a definite "yes, no" is not only polite, its very helpful. That way I can play around situations etc without having "They might end up coming" in the back of my head.

But yeah Scar, it is true that only the people you care about can really hurt you. You just gotta learn to love people for who they are and accept their limitations while enjoying their strengths. I mean if the person was an alcoholic/drug addict or other wise severely impaired...I would not just let that blow off. You have a responsibility to help them then if you do care about them.

Tinman's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Sometimes I am afraid to make friends.....

When i was young i had a very close group of friends, but one was diagnosed with terminal cancer and by the age of 14 he died, we were never the same after it, since then ive enjoyed everyday as if its my last, i enjoy meeting new people and im always friendly, to be honest ive got more front than vegas, lol, n am so happy go lucky it takes a fair bit to push my buttons.

I take every friendship i make as it is, they have lives to, if they need me im there if not, then hey, i wont die lol, maybe occationaly bored but all in all, i ask for nothing from my friends and i treat them as id like to be treated, like alot of u say it isnt always a 2 way thing, but lifes to short, sieze the day n all that jazz.

But im with BP on the whole women thing, my most complicated friendships are with women and somedays i find myself shouting at the sky, hands full of torn out hair wondering who i am n WTF am i doin lol, but hey women are aliens lol

+ Reply to Thread