Thread: Cunt

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Cunt

Anyone read this fuckin' book?

Watch this first
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q-5d5IfdYK4

And now

Imagine me singing

I'm tired of this fuckin book's ass complainin about etc. etc. etc.

I get it.

Menstrual products are a fucking conspiracy to bankrupt you.
    We invented ibuprofen so that your uterus will beat the shit out of you later.
    There is positively NO WAY you are EVER responsible for your actions, it's the fault of evil men and their evil male ways.

Fuck.

I'm not some whining misogynist asshole, but Jesus Christ I'm a third of the way through this book and getting increasingly sick of how everything in her life that's a result of her own decisions is my fault.

If you have a dissenting opinion, let me know.

NOTE: This is not a rant against or for menstruation, abortion, etc. just the BOOK by that title.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Cunt

what sort of desperate need are you trying to fill by reading that?

More than one woman has recommended I should read it.

Something about elevating my social conscience or some such shit.

I'd have preferred her to bring me a cold beer

But the best part is - I'm reading it on the train

and some guy comes up and asked

"What's it about?"

It's about embroidery in 18th century Devon, you fucking douchetard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    It's about embroidery in 18th century Devon, you fucking douchetard.
    Send me page 147 for the doily pattern. I need some new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Send me page 147 for the doily pattern. I need some new ones.
    No rush, you need a few months' menstrual fluid. Or "cunt ambrosia" as she calls it.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Forrest Black and I were presenters at the Book Awards the year it won in its category. Michelle Tea was the presenter for Cunt's category and yelled the word really really loud on stage. This was kinda awesome. Never read it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Forrest Black and I were presenters at the Book Awards the year it won in its category. Michelle Tea was the presenter for Cunt's category and yelled the word really really loud on stage. This was kinda awesome. Never read it though.
    I wanted to like it.

I wanted it to be an uplifting celebrating thing.

But it's a bunch of misandric navel gazing. And her going on about how much it SUCKED that she had to have a THIRD abortion, cause her DIAPHRAGM gave her yeast infections so she stopped putting it in, and how much of a VICTIM she was from that INFERNAL MACHINE that HURTS because it was INVENTED BY MEN

and anyway she didn't even LIKE the guy she was fucking, but it was his birthday, blah da dee blah da dah whatever (she actually wrote it that way)

I'm like holy SHIT

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

I've never read this either, but I have heard mixed reviews. Everyone I know around my mothers age says its amazing, everyone else says that it sucks. By the way I've heard it spoken about the most, I would assume that its something right up Lifetime's alley lol. Not to push it, but she also seems a little self-righteous with the whole thing too, almost like writing the book was more about making a statement than sharing her story with other people.
    I dunno, just my .02

I wanted to like it.

I wanted it to be an uplifting celebrating thing.

But it's a bunch of misandric navel gazing. And her going on about how much it SUCKED that she had to have a THIRD abortion, cause her DIAPHRAGM gave her yeast infections so she stopped putting it in, and how much of a VICTIM she was from that INFERNAL MACHINE that HURTS because it was INVENTED BY MEN

and anyway she didn't even LIKE the guy she was fucking, but it was his birthday, blah da dee blah da dah whatever (she actually wrote it that way)

I'm like holy SHIT
    Third abortion?

Third abortion?
    yup.... as i said why is this my fault?

yup.... as i said why is this my fault?
    Well, I'm pretty sure you do have a penis.

Well, I'm pretty sure you do have a penis.
    I have pics....

But I mean, it's more a rhetorical question.
    Fuck, I really wish I profited from the menstruation industry. I wish I got dividends from the abortion racket.

Shit, I wish I got to attend those meetings where the PATRIARCHY uses SOOPER SECKRIT MIND CONTROL TECKNEEKS to get her to fuck guys she doesn't even LIKE (but she fought back by becoming a lesbian.. SURPRISE SURPRISE.)

I wish I, every time some aspect of my life fucked up, could just whip out my cock and say "HEY!!! HEY ASSHOLE!!! Here's my Masonic cockshake for ya... I'm a member of the ELITE CLASS and I DEMAND YOU GO MAKE A WOMAN'S LIFE A MISERY INSTEAD."

Oh hang on. The cheque just arrived and there's a zombified fertile chick on the front doorstep who wants me to use her and then leave. Gotta run

[/sarcasm]

I have pics....

But I mean, it's more a rhetorical question.
    Fuck, I really wish I profited from the menstruation industry. I wish I got dividends from the abortion racket.

Shit, I wish I got to attend those meetings where the PATRIARCHY uses SOOPER SECKRIT MIND CONTROL TECKNEEKS to get her to fuck guys she doesn't even LIKE (but she fought back by becoming a lesbian.. SURPRISE SURPRISE.)

I wish I, every time some aspect of my life fucked up, could just whip out my cock and say "HEY!!! HEY ASSHOLE!!! Here's my Masonic cockshake for ya... I'm a member of the ELITE CLASS and I DEMAND YOU GO MAKE A WOMAN'S LIFE A MISERY INSTEAD."
    I wanna learn the Masonic Cockshake! I think History Channel needs to do a documentary on this.

In all seriousness, the dominant culture in most portions of human existence does put women at a disadvantage in many areas where men have opportunity.

That said, there are situations in which women have the advantage, at least for the short term i.e. a beautiful woman can get all sorts of stuff that a beautiful man can't, but she will also be discouraged from doing many of the things which could give her a life when she gets a bit older, while a beautiful man will be pushed to actually do something.

I do not think I would ever have been promoted, in someone else's company, to the position I hold now, although obviously I can do it. The existence of a glass ceiling for women in many areas is no guarantee, however, that all men get to go directly to the top post haste.

I wanna learn the Masonic Cockshake! I think History Channel needs to do a documentary on this.
    I think the nearest drag king could show you.

That's some high comedy there. I didn't realise that men still did those complicated hairstyles like "Squiggy" from Laverne and Shirley and engaged in such obvious cro-magnon farting and facial cock-slapping.

But then again, women don't act like those wonderfully hysterical drag queens who make cattiness, bitchiness and that a hyperexaggeration of what they consider femininity to be, either.

It's a funny old world.

In all seriousness, the dominant culture in most portions of human existence does put women at a disadvantage in many areas where men have opportunity.
    Oh, I don't doubt that at all. You can't have advantage in all fields and in all fronts. This is the thing, in life there are decisions that have been made, and as a result, there are ways in which men tend to be better at stuff and women better at others.

I prefer to work for a female manager, for example. Managment is about making people work together and doing all that soft stuff, keeping track of things that need to be done etc. and there's a goddamn reason we decided back in prehistory to have women take care of those sorts of tasks.

That said, there are situations in which women have the advantage, at least for the short term i.e. a beautiful woman can get all sorts of stuff that a beautiful man can't, but she will also be discouraged from doing many of the things which could give her a life when she gets a bit older, while a beautiful man will be pushed to actually do something.
    The two advantages I can see in being male is:

1) You're taught from an early age that life has choices and it has consequences. You don't, and can't, blame something and everything else for your own fuckups. You're also taught to live with the consequences of your actions.

2) You're also taught that yeah, you might really enjoy being an aromatherapist and it might spiritually fulfil you, but it doesn't put serious money in the bank or food on the table. There are jobs that do, and you will have better chance at getting laid if you have a lot of cash, so get going and get self-sufficient. No you won't enjoy mechanical engineering, but noone does, so those who can hack it have the pick of high paying jobs.

I do not think I would ever have been promoted, in someone else's company, to the position I hold now, although obviously I can do it. The existence of a glass ceiling for women in many areas is no guarantee, however, that all men get to go directly to the top post haste.
    What's extremely interesting is (and given that I'm reading the book whose title labels this thread, it's pretty damn obvious I read a lot of feminist and masculinist literature) that a recent economic analysis reveals that women who make the same life choices men have traditionally done do about 10% BETTER than men do.

I highly doubt what you said, Amelia. Frankly, this isn't the 50s anymore, and there's no room to have incompetence in business anymore, either. We read about the absolute topmost echelons of CEOs who are complete fuckwits with their golden parachutes, but in managment, if you don't have the skills it don't matter how tall you are or how silver your hair, you ain't stayin in that job.

You appear highly competent and you would have gone very far in any half decent company.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

i saw the CUNT book for ages in bookshops and eventually found it by chance in a library, so i borrowed it, it was ok to read, sorta wank/ranty in spots, some cools stuff, some lame stuff.

i still think the best femenist book ive read was: Kill the Body, the Head Will Fall: A Closer Look at Women, Violence, and Aggression
    by Rene Denfeld

heres a little bit about the book:
    Denfeld, an amateur boxer who was the first woman to win the Tacoma Golden Gloves tournament in 1995, is uniquely qualified to write a book on women and aggression. She had taken up boxing at age 26 as a challenging and healthy hobby but soon found that it made her question many of her own and society's assumptions about violence and aggression as intrinsically male traits. Women are supposed to be naturally nonviolent and passive. However, Denfeld sees aggression as a "human condition, not confined to one sex." Citing research on women and crime, child abuse, spousal abuse, and women in the military, she supplements her findings with stories of her boxing experiences--training in an all-male gym, sparring with teenage and preteen partners, and her first fight with a woman boxer who could throw punches better than most men. This calmly reasoned yet engrossing book may alter your opinions not only about boxing as a sport but also about the nature and extent of differences between the sexes.

sickybuaaaaa's Avatar Mistress of asskickery

Hmmpf.. Actually I do believe that because of gender roles and fucked-up upbringing, women still get the short stick in alot of situations. For an example, I was raised in a manner where an unspoken rule was "Be smart, but not too smart, or men might feel too threatened by you and you'll end up alone."
    I know alot of girls who basically aren't exactly stupid, but feel the need to act that way, because they think that's how they must act in order to be accepted in society. I know it took me alot of time and strain to get out of that mentality. And there are alot of other disadvantages too, of course.
    I also don't think that my interests would be the same if I were raised in a different manner. You know, I bet that if it were expected from men to start wearing makeup as soon as they get into their teens, a majority of them would.
    I believe that our hunter/fruitpicker genes are only a basis for a human being to develop. Social integration is much more important in this case, as far as I am concerned and women in western countries are still being raised in a way where they are expected to not be as successful as a man could be. THAT, I believe, is a much bigger problem than simple corporate discrimination.

But, putting that aside, I still don't think that some disadvantages that women have should turn her into a rampaging angry BITCH, that the author of that book seems to be(I didn't read the book)
    Bullshitting about how men are guilty of basically every problem you ever had is not just unproductive, it's also incredibly stupid. I wouldn't even concern myself about that woman's opinion, since she seems to be rather pathetic.

And yes, I was talking about problems that women have in this society, cause of the orientation of this thread. This doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge that men have some major issues too cause of the orientation of society and they aren't any less important than issues that women have.
    Just a simple example would be all the macho/"you need to be an alpha male" crap they hear basically from the day they are born up untill the rest of their lives. It's incredibly sad that it took me years to get otherwise very intelligent friend of mine to drop the "macho bullshit" in front of me and tell me about his true self. And even now it takes him alot of effort to open up to anyone. Not cause he is not an emotional person, but because he is actually afraid of not appearing like a real MAN to others. And that's of course not the only problem that men have because of their sex.

Now, I believe I told most of what I meant to tell
    I apologize for grammatical slip-ups or if you had a difficulty understanding what I meant to say

I agree with you on the above points.

However, I'm talking here about the book itself, for the record.

I don't think it does EITHER gender justice to write "men are scum men are evil (unless they're giving us something or letting us walk all over them)" nor does it do women justice to say "well yeah, I got pregnant three times, but it's a man's fault for making a hygiene sterile medical device that gave me yeast infections, so I stopped putting it in before sex." AND IN THE SAME BREATH suggesting shoving sea sponges up the birth canal, obtained from your local hippie food center.

Thanks to that suggestion, by the way, I had the strangest goddamn dream about Spongebob Squarepants.

I'm glad you can see that the author is obviously a head case who wrote a ton of bullshit, but me pointing that out (and I only have the interest in doing it here) would usually get me treated as some kind of he-man woman hater, because the number of women I've had RAVE to me about that book gives me serious pause. I'm extremely glad that many of them that have raved about it have never read it.

sickybuaaaaa's Avatar Mistress of asskickery

'm glad you can see that the author is obviously a head case who wrote a ton of bullshit, but me pointing that out (and I only have the interest in doing it here) would usually get me treated as some kind of he-man woman hater, because the number of women I've had RAVE to me about that book gives me serious pause. I'm extremely glad that many of them that have raved about it have never read it.

The way you put it, woman does seem like a real nutcase. So women around you might have bugged you with this book simply cause they were angry over something a man/several men said or did to them. When you're really pissed off with a guy, the most "reasonable" thing you can come up with is the idea of all men being castrated and put in cages, sorry That's just the first thing that pops up in your mind.

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Sometimes I wish people would just go for the humanist lifestyle after all we are all people and therefore should be treated the same, sure we are different but one sex is no greater than the other much like one race is no greater than another.

But I have boobies so I will say this.
    • Yes I went out with a guy who wouldn't get serious with me because I was too smart, so like a smart girl I dumped him and went out with a smarter guy who had the balls to debate me from time to time.
    • Yes I have been told upon occasion in my line of work just to sit there and look pretty. I did that, then reorganized the company and got put in charge of a department, end shot being I'm now using my brain non stop and my boobies don't help with that.
    • Yes I get a period and yes I can get pregnant ... however I am intelligent so I can deal with those without rubbing it in anyone's nose.
    So in short it sounds like the author of this delightfully named tome ... a word I despise by the way ... don't blame others for your misfortune, you have boobies and a cunt, so do with them what you will, if you put them at risk or use them inappropriately its not my fault or anyone else's. Although I'm not surprised at this and I'm not surprised it sells. After all if you can blame someone else for your "misfortune" why not =D

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

i never understand why so many people find the word cunt so disgusting. i mean, sure, its on the list of rude/unnacceptable words, but a lot of people find it MORE rude/unaccepable than, say, dick.

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    i never understand why so many people find the word cunt so disgusting. i mean, sure, its on the list of rude/unnacceptable words, but a lot of people find it MORE rude/unaccepable than, say, dick.
    That's one of her gripes, and I agree with that.

It's kind of hard talking about the whole female split-arsed cuntal region anyway.

You've only got two classes of word for it.

You have the highly technical - like "vagina" (which is inaccurate when talking about the entire canoe, the little man rowing it and the pontoons), highly offensive and non-drawing room expressions like "cunt" or words that are incredibly vague.

"Down there" - "down WHERE?"
    "Your bottom" - hold up. are you talking about her fuckflaps or her arsehole?

Whereas with men you don't have ANY word that has the same visceral impact as CUNT.

If you say a guy's a dick, it's like calling him a jerk.
    You can refer to a person's knob, little fireman etc. in a whimsical way, or with children etc.
    Or you can use terms like spam javelin, pork sword, custard thrower, tummy banana, meat piston etc. which are just comic and not exactly on the order of vulgar.

Bikerpunk,

You should make the people who made you read the book read one of the awful manbooks out there like the ladder theory crap or one of those books on why men should never date western women. This won't help you much, but the impending backlash and the rants you will bring here will amuse me, and I think it is important that we stay focused on that goal.

So, anyone know a Cunt quality book from a man he can fire back?

I find those kind of masculinists a bunch of navel-gazing whiners who couldn't fight or fuck their way out of a wet paper bag, which is why they can't stop whining.

Men typically don't write those books, cause no man really wants to know about his fucking inner feelings or some such bullshit like that.

I did read a book once called "What men still don't know about relationships" which pointed out to me EXACTLY why relationships of a romantic kind between men and women are IMPOSSIBLE and POINTLESS.

I am gladdened by recent medical developments which can not only cure autism with an injection, BUT ALSO INDUCE IT.

The notion of complete dissociation from feelings is a very very good one. One drawback to protecting yourself from heartbreak and injury is terrible loneliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    So, anyone know a Cunt quality book from a man he can fire back?
    Fire in the Belly anyone?

And on the topic of why I don't like that word? I just find it guttural, as with most Saxon words and since the language has evolved a little since then prefer other terms.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exquisite
    Fire in the Belly anyone?

And on the topic of why I don't like that word? I just find it guttural, as with most Saxon words and since the language has evolved a little since then prefer other terms.

so, I guess you don't watch much deadwood then

Nope hardly any time for tv here unfortunately.

Our Elven Prionnsa

Leave it to a evocatively named thread to cause me to look up the OED entry on a word and examine its etymology. A lot of terms relating to and of the genitalia, even if not really that bawdy in of themselves, often become taboo and then suddenly derogatory.

Of course, this one is a hard-word, as Exquisite points out. Sudden and blunt on the tongue. Such words are best for outbursts and jagged repartee because they lack the refinement of more languid, playful words.

I don't know if I would have read that book even before this review of it. Certainly not now, I don't think.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

well,i dunno about the 'hard word' thing. there are other words, that are also blunt and sudden, even other swear words, and none of them are anywhere near as universally reviled as the c word (ooooh...)

honestly, i dont think ill ever grasp why people dont accept that word. oh well.

+ Reply to Thread