+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stateside Blue Bloods Remember to Vote Today

Default Stateside Blue Bloods Remember to Vote Today

I know Blue Blood members are from all over the world, so this wont apply to everyone. But, if you are an American, it is your patriotic and civic responsibility to vote. Please dont forget.

I normally do not bother to vote in primaries, but 2008 has brought primaries with candidates possessing drastically varying policies and outlooks. This year, it really makes a difference...
    Read the full article

Default Re: Stateside Blue Bloods Remember to Vote Today

I have no way (transportation, including public!) to go to vote.
    :^(

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I'm not going to go on (much of) a tirade here, but let me just say that I'm so sick of hearing about "super tuesday" on every single channel. it's cool if you want to vote, and let's hear the results...but guess what? they weren't announced five minutes ago, they aren't anounced now, and they won't be announced in the next five minutes, so why am I having this beat over my head for the last (and most assuredly, next) 16 hours? Isn't there anything else that is happening in the world right now?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I'm actually kind of pleased that the news networks kind of backed off the relentless polling and projection reporting after being embarassed so many times this cycle already. It makes things look a little blank right now, as far as Super Tuesday results go, but I really do feel that pre-reporting and projections are detrimental to the process.

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I'm actually kind of pleased that the news networks kind of backed off the relentless polling and projection reporting after being embarassed so many times this cycle already. It makes things look a little blank right now, as far as Super Tuesday results go, but I really do feel that pre-reporting and projections are detrimental to the process.
    Actually, I like watching mass media companies make asses of themselves
    It shows how out of touch and pandering they can be all the while trying to manipulate the outcome; ex: lengthy coverage for one candidate and nil for another.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Looks like Clinton's gonna take it, which means McCain takes the election, which means 100 years of war and more Bushite bullshit.

On an optimistic note, I have to say the Democrats did a cool thing in California. Undeclared voters could vote in either the Democratic or Independent primaries. Being unaffiliated with either party, I thought this was kinda cool. The Republican party should take note. Us undeclared types make up a lot of the swing voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Looks like Clinton's gonna take it, which means McCain takes the election, which means 100 years of war and more Bushite bullshit.
    nah, aint over yet; and it won't be. This isn't the end, it will continue afert this Stupid Tuesday voting is done. BTW, It's all split right now and Obama has picked up lots of the hispanic and white vote; of course he has the new and young voter and Billary has the retirement vote.
    CNN coverage is updated every minute or so.

I guarantee you. If that crocodile tear spillin' dragon wins the Democratic nomination, they're fucked.

People will ACTIVELY vote AGAINST Hillary "I'll make you buy my health care" Clinton.

Agreed, that mandating bitch has no idea what she is is talking about. How does forcing people to buy something work to lower the cost?! It didn't work for auto insurance and it aint gonna fly for health insurance either.
    Sometimes I wish it was ok to thro feces at an elected official

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

just disguise yourself as a monkey. its what i do!

wait... disguise?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I voted in my first ever major party caucus. It was a wonderful night. Our candidate, Obama, defeated Hillary by a margin of 2-1. Regardless of how this turns out, I honestly believe we in Minnesota did what is best for our country. I am an independent and would not support Senator Clinton under any circumstances.

'Til we put a fork in this,

JT

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

I am independent/ right wing I just think the Republicans are making mistake by backing McCain. As Republican voter this go around, I will not back McCain... He is worse than Bush is.

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    I have no way (transportation, including public!) to go to vote.
    :^(
    VoldtaEngler, where do you live? In parts of my state, get-out-the-vote campaign-type people will drive you to the polls on election day if you contact them and ask.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

We vote via mail, as we work long hours and by the time we get home, we can't be bothered to go out again.

Mark my words - if Obama loses this, it's McCain who'll be prez

bikerpunk there isnt much of choice out there! Dont want either Obama or Hilary in the whitehouse. I am Anti-big government, I am Anti-taxes....

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus88
    bikerpunk there isnt much of choice out there! Dont want either Obama or Hilary in the whitehouse. I am Anti-big government, I am Anti-taxes....
    Of course there is. Ron Paul.

Yes, I do know.. thats who voted for...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

A.
    B.
    C.
    D- none of the above.

There's a very good campaing that youth people started in serbia
    Their moto is: "Hide you'r grandmas and grandpas ID card on voting day"

I liked it very much because as I remember when I was down is that you see all the old people going to vote and "we" youngs do nothing. Old people won't come out for a couple years untill voting day comes. All they do is sit in front of TV and watch what's being served for them. Then they vote for "no change"

Unfortunately, youth people voting is a big problem of today. They have unbelievable power of vote but they don't realise it because of the school system they've been raised in. It discourages them from making a change. Making a change in their life, enviroment and all other aspect of their lifes.

As a american (and I'm not) I would vote for those who gives most care about educational system and science. American governement cutted big money from science and school in begining of this year in "dumbing down the nation" style....

If I lived in america I would definitely emigrate to another country.... my opinion.

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Just get that guy out who is in there now please, and his friends too!

I am Nationalist, because my own party the Republicans is ran by these Neo-con bastards! They do not stand for core, of what we are. Either way this Goes, its going to be Hard 4-8 years. Hopefully the American people will redeem the Republic of which we are. Maybe its time to play political Genocide within the Republican party and build a new foundation. We can not do much worse with the people we have in now.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Mark my words - if Obama loses this, it's McCain who'll be prez
    He will indeed. What is even more troubling: The Democratic nomination may be decided by "superdelegates". These are party officials who have the same vote as a delegate won in any state. It is possible that Obama will win more delegates and actual votes, but the party establishment will back Clinton. Her previous "lead" included superdelegates committed to her nomination.

To say people will be angry with this scenario is an understatement. It is no secret that Obama is getting a lot of independents (including myself) to the primaries and caucuses. I respect McCain, but I do not know that I could vote for him due to the amount of judical nominees that will be made in the next 4-8 years. McCain is parsing his words regarding possible nominations. The best I could do is vote for Nader as a protest. A lot of independents will simply vote for McCain out of anger (and the respect he does have). I would predict a fairly easy victory for McCain, although I also predict gains in the House and Senate for (D). I believe a lot of people will hedge their bets should Clinton be the nominee. It is her history and not her gender that is the real issue.

JT

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

For all good it will do perhapes you should vote for a shit pickle

+ Reply to Thread