+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to buy laptops and desktop computers?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Where to buy laptops and desktop computers?

My favorite desktop computer is dying and I want to get a replacement on the network before it is a real nightmare.

I also want to take some time off to write and I want a super duper lightweight laptop to do that with. Something uber portable.

Plus it is time to upgrade some other comp stuff to keep bringing you all the fun stuff we do.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Where to buy laptops and desktop computers?

Well...Desktop wise what are you looking for? There are many makers these days far better than the Big Brands like Dell.

Portable wise...for JUST writing...you have many options...buisness notebooks usually dominate the portable scene which is great for writers since they tend to offer exactly what is needed. Big name brands pretty much own this area of computing though. I usually use this link...not so much for the reviews but for the tech specs and you can filter the reviews on what you need...from Weight to Screen size. It at least gives you an idea of what you're looking for.

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Noteboo...derby=-7relDte

i'd recommend going to www.pricewatch.com - gives you a good selection of brands / prices. just make sure to check the customer feedback regarding a certain seller / product.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCreep
    i'd recommend going to www.pricewatch.com - gives you a good selection of brands / prices. just make sure to check the customer feedback regarding a certain seller / product.
    try this: http://www.gotapex.com - That's where all the tech guys here said to go. :p

If anyone is looking to get a new computer and has any knowlege at all...it is cheaper to buy the parts and build on by yourself.

www.tigerdirect.com
    www.newegg.com

are two great places to shop from...
    If there is any questions about building computers you have I will try to help.... I built my computer for about 460 dollars and it will do anything you would ever want it to do ...

Vempyrik's Avatar (Advocatus diaboli)

full desktop or just a tower? or a notebook?

Not really a way to build a Notebook...If you are in the market for one,,Amazingly E-Machine Notebooks kick ass....

Their desktops suck but the laptops are pretty damn good.

The computer I built for my friend was only the Tower...
    He already had Monitor Keyboard and Mouse and speakers...

Vempyrik's Avatar (Advocatus diaboli)

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    Not really a way to build a Notebook...If you are in the market for one,,Amazingly E-Machine Notebooks kick ass....

Their desktops suck but the laptops are pretty damn good.

The computer I built for my friend was only the Tower...
    He already had Monitor Keyboard and Mouse and speakers...
    i have a e-machine desktop.. its not great... but its also not a total piece of shit either tho... i can always upgrade the parts etc.. and make it nicer

+ Reply to Thread