+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crispin Glover is a bad-ass!

Default Crispin Glover is a bad-ass!

Has anybody else seen either of his movies? Totally wicked! I went and saw 'what is it?' a few weeks ago and I liked the performance a lot. Crispin read from some of his books before the show, and then sat in the back during the movie. Crazy cool movie. All the main actors have down syndrome and there are some heavy themes through out. I highly recommend seeing it. His new movie looks even better. He only screens his films when he is present in th audience and then he does a Q&A after. He is one of the most brilliant people I've ever met and I normally hate celebrities.

Here is a link to press photos and the trailer

The merchandise table totally rules. The movie poster I bought absolutely wicked and I got it signed AND had my photo taken with him.

Default Re: Crispin Glover is a bad-ass!

I like this review from his site.

"It's unlike anything I've ever seen before...the unrestrained id of an artist at full frenzy, unafraid to mount onscreen what others would judiciously edit out. Glover's film is like that the fever dream of a crazy person.

--Dennis Dermody, Paper Magazine

Crispin Glover is a highly functioning crazy person but probably so am I.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I thought that the website was Crisping Lover. com

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I haven't seen either, yet. I like him a lot, hes twisted and really hot!

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

that guy is wierd looking.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    that guy is wierd looking.
    By weird you mean HOT, right?

There are some smoking-hot sex scenes in the film. Between that guy and his real life girlfriend. One of Crispins motivations was to have de-cutify people with handycaps and portray them like they are with a full range of emotions and desires.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter

There are some smoking-hot sex scenes in the film. Between that guy and his real life girlfriend. One of Crispins motivations was to have de-cutify people with handycaps and portray them like they are with a full range of emotions and desires.
    Unfortunately, though that was probably his motivation, he probably ended up giving some handicap fetishists more wanking material.

I once actually crossed swords online with someone who made me so angry we almost went looking for each other, and I would have pulped his face. He was on some kind of "outward cripple demonstrating one's inner evil" trip, unquote, and was looking for a girl who was sadistic and evil, bent and warped mentally BECAUSE of her physical handicaps, whom he could objectify.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    no. I don't think he's attractive at all actually.

+ Reply to Thread