+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Obama's Pastor

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Obama's Pastor

I could empathize with Obama had he severed ties with this Reverend. He never did. You pity the crazy old uncles. They just drag you down. Those aren't Obama's views. You sever ties for your own growth. I don't get it. Obama has a brilliant legal mind. He's the best speaker of a generation. Why? Ugh. We're so fucked.

OEC

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: Obama's Pastor

We might not make it past next week. We had to bail out Bear Sterns, and that bought the economy 28 days of relative peace, while people PANIC LIKE FUCK and haul all their cash out of the banks.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

good thinking BP. that reminds me that I need to do that. so what if they crash and burn for it? serves em right. if your job is to be the model (not to mention the mode) of fiscal responsibilty and you blow it, then you're out, and why should we desire otherwise? they can come to ME for a loan then.

As far as barack yomama's pastor is concerned, he sounds like a pretty cool guy to me. it just shows that you can't have any backbone in politics and that you have to dumb it down to appeal to the lowest minded majority. But I gotta hand it to the guy, he is always able to plead for his position without making it look like he's desperate to save face and with an air of reserve that might make you believe that he is actually right without sounding cocky.

Not his pastor, but McCain accepted an endorsement of pastor John Hagee. That's pretty whack. But I know this is more about expressing disapointment in Obama, so I move on.
    After all the hubalub, I doubt he's going back in that church. Why don't you think he's severed ties?
    Personally, I don't think what he said was that bad. Having the unfourtunate experience of attending a church like that, I believe it was said out of heat-of-the-moment-emphasis, and not really meaning it. Granted, I'm not glued to this because I have no interest in it, so I could be wrong. Has this particular message of his been repeated?

I believe its a brilliant political move to shatter the gigantic misconception that Obama is a Muslim and so that he'll get the right wing Christian vote.

Good going Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    good thinking BP. that reminds me that I need to do that. so what if they crash and burn for it? serves em right. if your job is to be the model (not to mention the mode) of fiscal responsibilty and you blow it, then you're out, and why should we desire otherwise? they can come to ME for a loan then.

As far as barack yomama's pastor is concerned, he sounds like a pretty cool guy to me. it just shows that you can't have any backbone in politics and that you have to dumb it down to appeal to the lowest minded majority. But I gotta hand it to the guy, he is always able to plead for his position without making it look like he's desperate to save face and with an air of reserve that might make you believe that he is actually right without sounding cocky.
    Obama has pretty much denounced his Pastor. I'll still vote for him. I've read his actual views of the law. They just don't mesh with that guy's message. I don't see the Pastor as a model of backbone at all. Religious leaders do as political ones often do.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    Not his pastor, but McCain accepted an endorsement of pastor John Hagee. That's pretty whack. But I know this is more about expressing disapointment in Obama, so I move on.
    After all the hubalub, I doubt he's going back in that church. Why don't you think he's severed ties?
    Personally, I don't think what he said was that bad. Having the unfourtunate experience of attending a church like that, I believe it was said out of heat-of-the-moment-emphasis, and not really meaning it. Granted, I'm not glued to this because I have no interest in it, so I could be wrong. Has this particular message of his been repeated?
    The video wasn't that bad. The Pastor's quotes on the "rich white man" causing AIDS may not sell in the heartland. I'm still for Obama, but I don't get this at all. I think he didn't sever ties as he thought it would not become an issue. I don't understand McCain's move either. He needs the catholic vote.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    I believe its a brilliant political move to shatter the gigantic misconception that Obama is a Muslim and so that he'll get the right wing Christian vote.

Good going Obama.
    The Pastor went to Libya with Farrakhan. They'll just make him a muslim by association now.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    We might not make it past next week. We had to bail out Bear Sterns, and that bought the economy 28 days of relative peace, while people PANIC LIKE FUCK and haul all their cash out of the banks.
    Other countries are divesting out of the dollar. The fed is still trying to pump liquidity into the market. I am mostly just hoping we don't see hyperinflation vis a vis the 70s. You can almost hear the printing presses turning out dollars now.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread