+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you believe in fate?

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Do you believe in fate?

As I mentioned in an earlier post today, I have been going through some changes in my life. Some have been involuntary, some voluntary but for some strange reason they seemed to have lined up in the most peculiar way. There had been some changes that were about to come about, these one's I had induced myself, and then the changes that were out of my control came along and forced themselves upon me at the exact moment when those other one's were about to take place. It's as though some higher power was saying "alright, switch it up. Here is a new life for you.'

Do you believe in fate?

I know everything that happens causes unknown reactions in our lives, but is that saying "everything happens for a reason" implying that the reason was created before or after the events occur??????

Do any of you have thoughts about this so called "fate" thing people bring up all the time??

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Do you believe in fate?

I understand the concept of fate, but I think it's all a little more complicated than that

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I believe in destiny. There will always be events beyond your control. How you respond, overcome, and prosper from them (or the reverse) determines your destiny.

OEC

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I believe that there are shifts in possibility that you can choose to exploit or not.

I don't believe in fate or destiny. There is a beginning and an end which is unavidable but how you get there is up to you.

Some people are fortunate enough to have alot more choices and options allowing them a greater ability to pick their lifes path then others however.

maktub

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    I don't believe in fate or destiny. There is a beginning and an end which is unavidable but how you get there is up to you.

Some people are fortunate enough to have alot more choices and options allowing them a greater ability to pick their lifes path then others however.
    qft

DPietz's Avatar Member

I don’t know if I would call it ‘Fate’. I think we all have a purpose in life, some of us have multiple. The important part of life is to figure out what that purpose is and try to achieve it.
    It may take a week, a month, or years. There are some of us that never reach our goal.

Aparently you reincarnate back on this world untill you finish your goal. Heard it somewhere. *whistle*

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

i believe that people are a certain way and that leads to certain scenarios

like if you constantly speed you will probably get a ticket or crash into a bridge abutment eventually

and if you never go in the ocean you will not be attacked by a shark

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

For the most part I believe that there is no chance but you do have free will to do as you damn well please. Sometimes something happens in life that seems meant to change it. Destiny, who's to say. It happens for reason, that's all I need.

Maktub again, or "it's all already writen" in translation.

Quote Originally Posted by bohoki
    i believe that people are a certain way and that leads to certain scenarios

like if you constantly speed you will probably get a ticket or crash into a bridge abutment eventually

and if you never go in the ocean you will not be attacked by a shark
    Until that one day at the aquarium....

King Khaotic's Avatar Junior Member

I believe in fate to a point, but i also believe that are future is also determined by our actions and what happens in lieu of said actions

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

Murphy's law
    Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong

I live by every day and it holds true I stapled my hand last week..... But that also could be Karma

I believe in destiny and free will going hand in hand. But yes, as I've observed in my life, everything happens for a reason, and its not generic as it sounds, its true. People can mean a lot to each other for a short time, and then life moves on, allowing a whole new life to fill the void of whats going to happen when I (we) wake up tomorrow, and life's events take on an entire new direction. Although we wake up, the void of the day is filled up with life continuing, evolving, and things dying off....
    Much joy, freedom and elation may occur upon changing life's rhythms as well as much confusion and sorrow.

No matter what, I wish you the best.

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

Starting to.

+ Reply to Thread