Thread: Bask in my hairless kitten-ness

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Bask in my hairless kitten-ness

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Maris
    natural genetic mutation that pops up about every 15 years

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    bring out recessive genes that don't serve an animal
    Right, you just said the same thing that I did. So I really don't see what grounds you have to argue with me on the basis of research.

You may think I'm a jerk for my opinion, that's your perogative. But I assume that you have done your research and you know what selective breeding is, and that it is not contradictory to what I described.

I'll say it again. I think manipulating genetics and fucking with natural selection is wrong. I think charging any money, but most especially hundreds or thousands of dollars to sell animals for personal profit is wrong. I think it's wrong that people desire some animals based on their "cuteness" or other human-oriented conditions and shun or disfavor others that "lack" them. and I think it's wrong that all of these factors contribute to a surplus of discarded animals that are executed.

you may call me judgmental, but my conscience requires me to "judge" the situation as I see it and speak out against injustice.

MG, read my post in the Information Overload thread, it talks about fucking with natural selection. Instead of making you read the entire post just read the end (in MY FIRST POST IN THAT THREAD) when I talk about medical science and its effect on natural selection. I can tell that you feel strongly about this subject....

Read that , if you wish, and tell me what you think about a thought thats really been 'haunting' me for quite sometime.
    If you dont feel up to it, know that I'm in NO way putting pressure to read it. I just figured that since you feel so strongly about that subject ... you may or may not find it as food for though. If you read it and dont, thats kewl.

I love forums, anyone has the right to post their opinion, and we can all agree or not. Its most healthy on everyone who is of an opposing side.... to agree to disagree.

As far as house pet go, I dont PERSONALLY feel this hinders the animals much because its not like they have to hunt or be hunted in a wilderness type situation.

SO, a recessive trait that would have caused a serious weakness in the animal in the wild, makes for an interesting animal in captivity.

This is my opinion, and am in no way taking sides, or contributing to a flame war.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    As far as house pet go, I dont PERSONALLY feel this hinders the animals much because its not like they have to hunt or be hunted in a wilderness type situation.

SO, a recessive trait that would have caused a serious weakness in the animal in the wild, makes for an interesting animal in captivity.

This is my opinion, and am in no way taking sides, or contributing to a flame war.
    I'm not trying to flame. I'm just talking about some issues I have that this thread made me think of.

I kinda tend to think that cats should be out hunting in the wild. this is what cats do, or more precisely what millions of years of evolution have led to cats doing. even domesticated cats do it when they stalk a bird or chase a toy. And if they are left to thier own, if they well enough suited for it, they can return to thier wild ways (we shun them too, and call them "feral cats") My opinion is that people should leave nature the hell alone, because it knows what it's doing. I just don't think cats, and everything else in the world, was meant to live the way that people do.

Now, I'm not saying that I have anything against individual pet owners. A lot of people are very nice and have real relationships with their pets, and if people didn't adopt these animals as pets, their lives would be worse. But I'm saying I feel like their lives would be better or best if they didn't have to face the circumstances of becoming pets or domesticated in the first place.

I understand your point, I appreciate you sharing.
    Ever seen the footage captured of Timothy Treadwell.
    It kinda reminds me on another level the point you brought up.

This topic has the makings of a hijacked thread... I think it would be kewl if we were to start another thread if you'd like to continue.
    I appreciate seeing various points of view.

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

My opinion is that people should leave nature the hell alone, because it knows what it's doing. I just don't think cats, and everything else in the world, was meant to live the way that people do.
    If people had left nature alone (plants and animals) I'm referring to encouraging certain genetic traits through breeding and cross-pollination, The human race would have exhausted its food supply by now, plant and animal.
    Mmmmmm cannibalism

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by antiseptic fashion
    If people had left nature alone (plants and animals) I'm referring to encouraging certain genetic traits through breeding and cross-pollination, The human race would have exhausted its food supply by now, plant and animal.
    Mmmmmm cannibalism

I'm hoping your cat is going to be a Marquis model in July.

I have given up my dreams of cannibalism.

Mmmmmm cannibalism
    no, stupid people like us would have. there are groups of humans that have never done that and they are still around today. animal husbandry and agriculture are commonly regarded as coming into widespread discovery around 10 to 15,000 years ago. contrast that to the history of the human race which dates back approximately 3 or 4 million years. Humanity has survived by not doing these things. So it would seem to be far more likely that the inverse was true- that doing these will lead to the exhaustion of the human race, not the other way around.

no, stupid people like us would have. there are groups of humans that have never done that and they are still around today. animal husbandry and agriculture are commonly regarded as coming into widespread discovery around 10 to 15,000 years ago. contrast that to the history of the human race which dates back approximately 3 or 4 million years. Humanity has survived by not doing these things. So it would seem to be far more likely that the inverse was true- that doing these will lead to the exhaustion of the human race, not the other way around.
    The population continues to grow, if we hadn't altered our foods, we would have had to find another source, thus wiping out your aforementioned groups of peoples supply.

The food we eat now is genetically altered so it can be cultivated in a climate it would not have survived in naturally.

Cannibalism will eventually be the only option, we've just extended our options for a few more years, and hey, if we eat each other up, nature can renew itself.

.....but enough about eating my pu*sy

Hahaha.

The population continues to grow
    anthropology suggests that population growth isn't an ever increasing phenomenon, but that it fluctuates. there was a point in the last 100,000 years that the human race dwindled down to a population of a mere 2,000 people. Humanity survived this decline and that was during the time before altered food sources. there was also the great plague that decimated medieval Europe's population.

If humanity grows beyond a level that it's food source supplies it, than it will decline until it reaches a manageable point. there is no need to alter food sources to ensure that humanity thrives. like I said, it would seem that altering the food sources to promote a huge leap of growth will only ensure that the decline happens much more rapidly and brutally, possibly to the point where it may totally outstrip all food in the process and eliminate the possibility of recovery and the end of the human race.

anthropology suggests that population growth isn't an ever increasing phenomenon, but that it fluctuates. there was a point in the last 100,000 years that the human race dwindled down to a population of a mere 2,000 people..
    One can not compare statistics from 1000's of years ago to modern day, they no longer apply, our technology has advanced too far.
    Not to mention that most of the research and experimentation being done in the scientific world today are based around prolonging life, and preventing/fixing the problems we humans/assholes had in the past or have developed recently.

...Cannibalism

Prolonging life, and preventing unwanted births and pregnancies... while sex is more rampant than ever....

I just thought I'd add to the statistics

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

so I got mine yesterday, and already he get's his hair did

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Awwwwww....cutsey wootsey

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

Omg He's Gonna Eat My Sun!? Nooo, I Need That For Light!

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    So kewl!!!!

Best of wishes, with you and the little one.
    Do tell, what's the stats on the little guy?

Name, age, etc...

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

kewl, did you name him mr binglesworth(sp!?)? lol..btw, is a "7" tattooed on your pinky? because that would be leet..lol

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    So kewl!!!!

Best of wishes, with you and the little one.
    Do tell, what's the stats on the little guy?

Name, age, etc...
    umm...his name is racial... it starts with the letter N. he's 10 weeks old and ..well not much to tell yet cuz we just met ;P btw do you have a livejournal? cuz you should add me there if you do... livejournal.com/~thistleharlquin

Quote Originally Posted by Senior_Diablo
    kewl, did you name him mr binglesworth(sp!?)? lol..btw, is a "7" tattooed on your pinky? because that would be leet..lol

no... his name is the N word...but his name on his C.F.A. papers will be a differnt name. He's a show quality cat

Your kitty is so cute!

no... his name is the N word...but his name on his C.F.A. papers will be a differnt name. He's a show quality cat
    wow, just wow..lol...wait, does he have two different colored eyes?

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

No, it's just harder to see the blue in the second eye.

But it's there, so they're both blue.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZ
    No, it's just harder to see the blue in the second eye.

But it's there, so they're both blue.
    oh ok..

+ Reply to Thread