+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gotta Love Family...

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Default Gotta Love Family...

So, I'm having a slight issue with a family member (don't we all).

In this case, it started when we got into a conversation about a family friends boy and how he came out of the closet, everyone of course already knew he was, we were just waiting till he was comfortable enough to say it.

Anyway, she then goes to say how she would disown her son if that had happened. And how there is no way her son will be gay, it won't happen, I won't let him be, etc.

Hearing this come from her is some-what shocking, but not really.

See, she is a born-again Christian, since shortly before she got married. Her now husband happens to come from money, is very Christian and Republican. She was brought up Democrat, Middle-class, and has a very open-minded family. She practically did a 180 since meeting him, some changes good, some bad.

But my main issue with her now, is the fact that she is anti-gay. When in high school a good half of her close friends were gay, she even had some "gay" experiences herself. So, I think I'm just really confused about how you go from loving anyone despite their differences, to actually thinking that gay people are disgusting! Its just gutt-wrenching for me to hear that stuff and really makes me wanna cry.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: Gotta Love Family...

I once heard a FOAF argue it to me this way.

1) His son won't be gay cause he's not a faggot, and he won't raise his kid to be a queer.

2) If it's an innate inborn thing, his son won't be gay, cause he isn't a faggot with defective DNA.

You can never win with a bigot.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

most born again christians are brainwashed biggots, and wouldn't know god if he came up and slapped them in the face. sorry you have to deal with this. it's never fun to see someone you know change like that for the worse.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

it's good to be Gay

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

heh, christians.................their god is one of the ultimate bigotted ones

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

I am such thing as Christian, Republican, and maybe more.

I class these as "turbo" the same turbos, that still be in Creationism .... Granted most our party is made up of these Turbos which is sad.
    Turbo give the rest of the party a bad name....I dislike these turbos

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus88
    I am such thing as Christian, Republican, and maybe more.

I class these as "turbo" the same turbos, that still be in Creationism .... Granted most our party is made up of these Turbos which is sad.
    Turbo give the rest of the party a bad name....I dislike these turbos
    hence my use of the word "most".... I've met some great christians..... unfortunately they are a very small percentage of the rest; the rest being self righteous biggot assholes......

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock
    So, I'm having a slight issue with a family member (don't we all).

In this case, it started when we got into a conversation about a family friends boy and how he came out of the closet, everyone of course already knew he was, we were just waiting till he was comfortable enough to say it.

Anyway, she then goes to say how she would disown her son if that had happened. And how there is no way her son will be gay, it won't happen, I won't let him be, etc.

Hearing this come from her is some-what shocking, but not really.

See, she is a born-again Christian, since shortly before she got married. Her now husband happens to come from money, is very Christian and Republican. She was brought up Democrat, Middle-class, and has a very open-minded family. She practically did a 180 since meeting him, some changes good, some bad.

But my main issue with her now, is the fact that she is anti-gay. When in high school a good half of her close friends were gay, she even had some "gay" experiences herself. So, I think I'm just really confused about how you go from loving anyone despite their differences, to actually thinking that gay people are disgusting! Its just gutt-wrenching for me to hear that stuff and really makes me wanna cry.
    Lets make a small but hefty distinction here....

When ya walk out into nature, and feel the essence of GOD ....
    THAT'S NOT the one that gives the 'born again'ers' the vile of hate to spew.

I think that 'GOD and christians' who hate everything ....they arent reporting of a true God.
    I dont believe the TRUE God is anything like they preach he is...
    and as long as I'm alive, theres NO way in hell or 'heaven' that I'll bow to a GOD of their making.

I've been on a path my entire life, to try and find out the truth...
    Like, why are there so many different religions, why is there a (quote ..... unquote) GOD, that burns people for not having variations .... rather than everyone being exactly alike..... seeing how God made us with differences.

I think that people, more than not, serve a religion with a label known as "God" .... that in reality, has nothing to do with the creator period.

I respect everyone's beliefs, and I'm in NO way trying to tell people what or who to believe in. Thats a path for everyone to choose...

I'd just like for ppl to challenge what they believe and why...
    If this doesn't pertain to you, then you can move along, but I have the feeling there are others who ask these questions...
    AND EVEN more people who ask the questions, or make the statements .... revealing the ignorance the majority of the sheep theyre following.

(this is beside the point, but to all the bible thumpers, I can show them in scripture ( a book they've whacked and whittled on until they mold the fallen pieces into a graven idol.... rather a false GOD)... I can show them, their fabled King David was Bisexual, more on the gay side, He was in love with Jonathan - Saul's son. )

In my study of truth. I look at ALL religions. Theres a reason that people follow ALL of them....and why.

Me, even though I was raised *christian* .... I could never buy what they were selling, and I got a concordance and looked up the words from the Bible, and to my HUGEST shock, it totally had different meanings than when *THEY* preach it.

Hell isnt a place to burn for all eternity.
    Jesus died cleaning all sins...
    Homosexuality isnt a crime....etc

I'm not preaching, I'm just illustrating what they preach has nothing to do with the bible they read, they're only preaching out of their fear, and greed.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    I've been on a path my entire life, to try and find out the truth...
    Like, why are there so many different religions, why is there a (quote ..... unquote) GOD, that burns people for not having variations .... rather than everyone being exactly alike..... seeing how God made us with differences.
    I look at it sort of this way: Sticking to a particular point of the opinion/religion/ideology spectrum and ruling out the legitimacy of other points of view is extremism most often. Pluralism is a smarter way to go. I have a major hangover.

Hangover or not, you just RAWK Helcyon!!!

+ Reply to Thread