+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I just had scar revision surgery on my stomach

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Default I just had scar revision surgery on my stomach

It only took about 2 hours today, and I was awake for the whole thing, I watched him cut me open in a few places, and liposuction all around my scar. Then he cut my small scar off the side of my ribcage, and sewed it back together. He didnt want to do too much to the scar in the middle of my stomach while I was awake, but since I was pretty excited about watching it, and feeling no pain, he went ahead and did almost a full scar revision on my tummy. He cut a 4" long piece of skin that was about 1" wide, and 1/2" deep all the way around the top part of my scar. The scar tissue was very deep, and he had to really tear into it to get it removed. Little pieces of fat and tissue were flying all over the place, it was so neat. The top part of my scar that was super attached made this horrible sound and flung bits of goo when he finally got it off. He sewed it back together, and now I have bandages all over, and am wearing a binder.
    I didnt really want to take away my whole scar, I just wanted to unattach the scar tissue that was attached to my rib cage and stomach wall. It made the scar dent in wierd places, and as I am getting older and my body is changing, it was becoming very unattractive. But, he couldnt take away the adhesions without cutting away the entire scar. So now I will have a new scar. I hope it doesnt look more fucked up then it did before. I have had this scar my whole life, and it is as much a part of me as my face, voice, and personality. I hope I dont end up being sad that I changed it.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: I just had scar revision surgery on my stomach

no operation pics?

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

I sure wish. I left my cel phone in the other room, or else I would have. I did manage to get a photo of the small abdomen scar that was cut away and laying on the table. As soon as I figure out how to get the photo from my phone and on the internet, I will be posting it .

I think I can text it to my friend Mary, and she can upload it to her flickr account from her phone.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Scars are hot.

Curious as to why you had one, but it's none of my business.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

ha. when I read the title my first thought was about Scar, you know her. and it took me a good few seconds for that to make any sense to me.

pretty gnarly description there. I didn't mind your old scar, you're right that it was sort of a trademark of your image...but that's ok. We'll look forward to seeing the "after" pics.

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    ha. when I read the title my first thought was about Scar, you know her. and it took me a good few seconds for that to make any sense to me.
    we seem to think some of the same things..im scared now..lol

anyway.. im sure your new scar with grow(no pun intended) on you. change isnt always a bad thing. i look forward to pics as well.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I had reconstructive surgery done on some keloid scarring on both my arms. I won't go into great detail here, but you will probably have some emotions about the change. In time, you get past it. It will remain a part of you even without it being literally the same scarring.

OEC

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Well for my part and having always been a huge admirer of you (including your scar) Im sure that you'll be the same either way, i just hope it makes you feel better. cant wait for some after shots and hope you recover quickly.

The little imperfections ( like Kellie's stomach scar and Scar13's arm scars ) on such a physically beautiful body are to me what makes each model so memorable. Its very metaphorical.

Course Scar and Kellie could probably make gunshot wounds downright sexy lol.

I'd find it interesting as well, I've got a scar too, not the same but one from birth, you're gorgeous anyway it goes, you do what feels right!

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I would have been to grossed out to watch them do surgery if it had been me, but also very curious to see what they were doing.

I like scars because they tell a story.

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

Hope you don't mind me commenting but wow.
    I know how this must be to you.
    Sort of speachless actually.

How's your recovery going? How are you feeling?

+ Reply to Thread