+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: No one is safe. From the cult of Emo.

Default No one is safe. From the cult of Emo.

"Some time before her death, Hannah's parents, who live in Kent, noticed scarring on the inside of her wrists.

When they questioned her about it, honest and open as ever, she told them she'd inflicted the wounds herself and that it was part of an emo "initiation ceremony".

Only after her death would they discover how she had secretly chatted online to emo followers all over the world, talking about death and of the "black parade" — a place where emos believe they go after they die."

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/...AIL&ICL=TOPART

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: No one is safe. From the cult of Emo.

"They are also easily influenced and may be illequipped to deal with powerful emotions that can be magnified by a sense of "membership" to a sub-group that revels in self-pity. . . .

In recent years, the growing reach of the internet and social networking sites such as *******, Facebook and Bebo has meant that the influences to which teenagers are exposed are not controlled by mere geography."

Great. Now the internet has even ruined dying your hair black and self-harming. What's left?

So, uhm, the mom claims the girl made some suicidal comment when she got home the night prior and the girl didn't leave a note? Sounds like they need a murder investigation. What psycho suicidally self-involved emo kid would skip the opportunity to leave a self-indulgent letter of complaint that would be assured of being read sympathetically and over and over by others?

She did say goodbye to her dad and commited the act in her room. So its pretty unlikely she had someone else off her.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    She did say goodbye to her dad and commited the act in her room. So its pretty unlikely she had someone else off her.

Uhm, her mom?

I've told my dad I love him many times, without killing myself immediately after. I don't see that as a good-bye.

This is so sad. I blame parents for not doing their duty good enough.
    Losing contact with your child is worst thing you could do. Children starts to learn from very young age and you should speak to them from the very day they're born.

It feels like this emo "movement" is romantism all over again. That's when suicide became polular.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Uhm, her mom?

I've told my dad I love him many times, without killing myself immediately after. I don't see that as a good-bye.
    Maybe a very bad and manipulative person got to her over the internet? I am a manipulative person but I never used it to do harm and suffering.

Manipulation sounds so negative, what's the good sounding word for manipulation in english?

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

For Mah Fellow Uh-merkuns, bear in mind that the Mail is the UK tabloid equivalent of Fox News. Anything which doesn't directly relate to Godfearin' conservative family values is clearly a sign of the end of the world as we know it, and so must be shouted from the very rooftops to warn the populace. Such things include "music", "teen agers" and something strange called the "ant ear net".

and I've been to Kent, so I understand the need to end it all. Think Arkansas with ten times the real estate prices.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

"They are also easily influenced and may be illequipped to deal with powerful emotions that can be magnified by a sense of "membership" to a sub-group that revels in self-pity. . . .

In recent years, the growing reach of the internet and social networking sites such as *******, Facebook and Bebo has meant that the influences to which teenagers are exposed are not controlled by mere geography."

Great. Now the internet has even ruined dying your hair black and self-harming. What's left?
    I don't believe it has. As long as you can distinguish other things from "emo", all is good. It's almost a rhetorical gift really.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Maybe a very bad and manipulative person got to her over the internet? I am a manipulative person but I never used it to do harm and suffering.

Manipulation sounds so negative, what's the good sounding word for manipulation in english?
    Influence maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    For Mah Fellow Uh-merkuns, bear in mind that the Mail is the UK tabloid equivalent of Fox News. Anything which doesn't directly relate to Godfearin' conservative family values is clearly a sign of the end of the world as we know it, and so must be shouted from the very rooftops to warn the populace. Such things include "music", "teen agers" and something strange called the "ant ear net".

and I've been to Kent, so I understand the need to end it all. Think Arkansas with ten times the real estate prices.

Seriously, I think that the Mail may have its political axe to grind in disseminating this story, but a piece of this story is just missing. I was just chatting with Forrest Black about it and he pointed out that maybe there was a note, but it had overly embarrassing info in it. I mean, generally, when mom's kill their cute female children, especially if they make a big deal about them loving their dads, there is child abuse going on from the male parent. If the girl loved her dad, hanging herself with his tie seems odd. So either the mom killed her daughter and is fabricating obviously flawed stories of emo cult initiation to cover it up or the girl killed herself and left a note about what daddy did to her and the mom is fabricating obviously flawed stories of emo cult initiation.

You know,

I don't claim to have seen it all. I don't claim to know everything. However, so far I have never met the person who said, "Wow, that was a cool song. I'm going to kill myself now." Although the reason is sometimes subtle, there seems to always be a reason. I have not yet met the suicide to be cool kid.

In my experience, the kids who talk about suicide all the time aren't the ones taking warm baths with razorblades. It's the ones who sit quietly while you go on and on about it, or the ones who try super hard to be happy all the time.

Very often people who commit suicide "had everything to live for". This is why people get so stupid around suicide. Either they don't understand the reasons or will not accept them.

To people on the outside, "But she was a very well-liked girl who had many friends and was doing well in school" may have meant to the girl that she was under an enormous amount of pressure to fit in and do well and she was pushing beyond her limits. But people will often reject the idea that someone does not want to be popular, they just want to relax a bit.

It's all speculation of course, but "the Emo made me do it" just seems unlikely looking at prior precident. (Metal, goth, gothic, rock, jazz, rap, blues, satan, ect.)

So, uhm, the mom claims the girl made some suicidal comment when she got home the night prior and the girl didn't leave a note? Sounds like they need a murder investigation. What psycho suicidally self-involved emo kid would skip the opportunity to leave a self-indulgent letter of complaint that would be assured of being read sympathetically and over and over by others?
    Yeah!!! I love that. You hit the emo nail on the head.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

the danger of emo,........ bah,

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I actually think the "emo" card may well have reached a saturation point with the public. What sucks is: Even if they see through it, we will continue to get soundbites. To the extent such tragedies are newsworthy, the story should at least contain a serious discussion of the possible causes.

OEC

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

Maybe I need to do little more research into what emo is? I am a little out of the loop on a subject such as this. Suicide is final solution to short term problem, working through problem makes person stronger because of it. every person goes through those phases, apart of growing...

Amelia G
    "They are also easily influenced and may be illequipped to deal with powerful emotions that can be magnified by a sense of "membership" to a sub-group that revels in self-pity. . .
    Being a self-pity, wanting to be apart of something, and I would also say submissive. I would be rather easy for one person to take over this group. As you have stated, easily influenced and illequipped to deal more with dominate person in this group . That would be another factor, that girl was talk to emo around the world in chat rooms. It only takes one wolf, in flock of sheep...

I went through a little phase the needing to be apart of some sub-group. It never work out, I would either get pass off or try to take it over. if there isnt anyone to challenge my stake to power to speak, I will take it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus88
    Maybe I need to do little more research into what emo is? I am a little out of the loop on a subject such as this. Suicide is final solution to short term problem, working through problem makes person stronger because of it. every person goes through those phases, apart of growing...

Amelia G

Being a self-pity, wanting to be apart of something, and I would also say submissive. I would be rather easy for one person to take over this group. As you have stated, easily influenced and illequipped to deal more with dominate person in this group . That would be another factor, that girl was talk to emo around the world in chat rooms. It only takes one wolf, in flock of sheep...

I went through a little phase the needing to be apart of some sub-group. It never work out, I would either get pass off or try to take it over. if there isnt anyone to challenge my stake to power to speak, I will take it over.

Reading that story, I just think that, if that were the situation, the girl would have left a whiny note reaching out for love and community membership or at least complaining about the lack of it.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Amelia G rocks. Said it before and said it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Amelia G rocks. Said it before and said it again.

Ha, ha, I should bust out my insights on murderous moms, pervo dads, and whiny emo kids more often. Well, maybe I've already got it Goldilocks down. Thanks.

Ha, ha, I should bust out my insights on murderous moms, pervo dads, and whiny emo kids more often. Well, maybe I've already got it Goldilocks down. Thanks.
    I think of all the people who I'd be truly happiest being tied up and spanked by, you're it. Please don't get more awesome.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

sorry. Wrekies messageof "grow some balls" and"harden the fuck up" applies

I'm not emo, by the traditional sense, but I've been known to be sensitive and tender, and life, for the past few years, has done wonders in hardening me.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

parents just dont understand. noone understands.
    *tear*

Esp mine dont...

I heart a joke like FRIENDS are GOD"S way of saying SORRY because you cant choose your family!!!!

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Head Wreck
    sorry. Wrekies messageof "grow some balls" and"harden the fuck up" applies

about right...

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Only after her death would they discover how she had secretly chatted online to emo followers all over the world, talking about death and of the "black parade" — a place where emos believe they go after they die."
    I don't know about anyone else but every time I read that I laugh out loud. Not many things are that ridiculously funny to me. That's just nutty and pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedBongApe
    parents just dont understand. noone understands.
    *tear*
    hahaha. man you are really in touch with your inner emo. we should get together and bring greater awareness to the world of all those under-rated emotions like:
    - the emotion experienced when you lose your pocket money through a hole in your newly shredded black jeans
    - the emotion associated with showing up at the emo ball and discovering some other horrid sap is wearing the same stripey sweater as you

Mr Helcyon, you are such a witty feller

What about parents hiding her note about how dad abused her and how her mom is a lesbian

I can see where abuse can affect a child to where they'd want to hurt themselves, but how does being lesbian factor into it? Just curious

I was at a club no too long ago and it was the first time I ever heard "The Black Parade". Plenty of kids were loving it and it really wasn't the worst, to be fair, although to me it is still hilariously ridiculous. I don't even care much what it's supposed to really be about - I'll just make up my own story about it and run with that. Now I really should get some sleep sometime this weekend g'night!

Wynden Nightshade's Avatar Zombie Killer in Training

Quote Originally Posted by OliX

Motivation?? maybe not sure if that is right but it works lol

and your little dog too

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon
    I was at a club no too long ago and it was the first time I ever heard "The Black Parade". Plenty of kids were loving it and it really wasn't the worst, to be fair, although to me it is still hilariously ridiculous. I don't even care much what it's supposed to really be about - I'll just make up my own story about it and run with that. Now I really should get some sleep sometime this weekend g'night!

can you tell us your story about it please? it has to be an improvement

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    can you tell us your story about it please? it has to be an improvement
    alright ... in 25 words or less...
    "One day someone clever told all the emos to line up in a ghastly parade because they are easier to shoot that way. The end."

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    I'm not emo, by the traditional sense, but I've been known to be sensitive and tender, and life, for the past few years, has done wonders in hardening me.
    sensative yes, humans have feelings. but when you let them rule you, when other people go "that's shitty, but i have to get through it". my biggest fear is being injured in a way that puts me wheelchair bound, one of the members of the Detroit forums is the chirpiest person i have met considering at some point this has happened. He's not long come out of a shoulder replacement op. and still damn cheerfull.

the black parade? sounds like silicon heaven

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

The black parade, more like clump of shit parade

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon
    alright ... in 25 words or less...
    "One day someone clever told all the emos to line up in a ghastly parade because they are easier to shoot that way. The end."
    Creative visualization!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

The fact that we call the publication "The Daily Fail" & "The Fail on Sunday" shows how much faith that we put in the authenticity of the stories in the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Head Wreck
    sensative yes, humans have feelings. but when you let them rule you, when other people go "that's shitty, but i have to get through it". my biggest fear is being injured in a way that puts me wheelchair bound, one of the members of the Detroit forums is the chirpiest person i have met considering at some point this has happened. He's not long come out of a shoulder replacement op. and still damn cheerfull.

I've got massive respect for that dude.

+ Reply to Thread