+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coulrophobia

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Default Coulrophobia

do you know anyone with Coulrophobia?

I always thought it was more of just a silly fear, but turns out it can be a pretty bad affliction after speaking with an aquaintance that apparently has this.

I wonder if Toe Cutter has anything to add here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coulrophobia

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Re: Coulrophobia

It's been mentioned before, by Scar-when-she-posted-random-stuff: http://www.blueblood.net/boards/showthread.php?t=8548

(from which it seems BB members and irrational fears of clowns have quite a history... I blame a lack of custard in the diet.)

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

is that clown fear? if so, that's me. I really don't dig clowns. they scare the bejesus outa me.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

They never evoked fear. I just felt like kicking em around a bit. Like I said, I am an Uncle now. I'll let clowns be as long as they don't agitate my nephew.

OEC

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I really like the BTBAM song Coulrophobia

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    is that clown fear? if so, that's me. I really don't dig clowns. they scare the bejesus outa me.
    Indeedy yesh it is. You may be scared of them, but have you wondered if they're scared of you?

If someone spends their entire, undoubtedly-troubled life facing nothing more threatening to their self-esteem than a 5-year-old, then I have no doubt a well-aimed "BOO!" from an attractive woman would knock the very stuffing from them. Never be scared of someone who's looking at you thinking "godihopeshedoesnttalktomegodihopeshedoesnttalktom e...."

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    Indeedy yesh it is. You may be scared of them, but have you wondered if they're scared of you?

If someone spends their entire, undoubtedly-troubled life facing nothing more threatening to their self-esteem than a 5-year-old, then I have no doubt a well-aimed "BOO!" from an attractive woman would knock the very stuffing from them. Never be scared of someone who's looking at you thinking "godihopeshedoesnttalktomegodihopeshedoesnttalktom e...."
    somehow that was strangely empowering.

i don't like clowns because you can never see what is going on underneath all that makeup.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

somehow that was strangely empowering.

i don't like clowns because you can never see what is going on underneath all that makeup.
    Doesn't it make you want to turn the tables on em? I think he may be on to something. I can only speak from 2 experiences though.

Acne.

I like good clowns. Good like very amusing and professional. Pantomimics are my favorite kinds. I even thought to dress up as a clown with a friend of mmine and go to town and just be silly.

By change in body language you can clearly see if there's something odd with the clown.

+ Reply to Thread