+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Regrets...I've had a few...

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Default Regrets...I've had a few...

Haven't we all done something we regret?
    I don't have many as I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, but I do have a few.
    I regret not paying attention in high school because now I work a shitty factory job and I'm surrounded by idiots. (Note to self; work somewhere else) Right BP?
    I regret having sex with my bestest friend in the whole wide world because let's face it, sex changes things. (it sure was fun though)
    I ALMOST regret getting back together with my ex (now my ex AGAIN) but if I hadn't I wouldn't have the awesome relationship I now have with my step daughter.
    I definitely regret eating that damn chinese food last night. Will my guts ever forgive me???

I've had loads of shitty experiences in life due to my own ignorance and/or stupidity but I have learned from it all and they have made me who I am today.

Anything you would do differently given the chance?

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Default Re: Regrets...I've had a few...

I can honestly say I have no regrets.
    There's no point in regretting anything in your life provided you learn from it.
    You learned that (where you live) you need a good HS education.
    You learned that you shouldn't sleep w/ your best friends
    You learned that eating Chinese after 8 is a bad idea.

See... no point in regretting things, as long as you don't repeat the same mistakes over and over :-D

VampireLily's Avatar WTF?!

I regret not putting away more money for retirement when i was younger.

I own 68 corsets (yes, i KNOW..but i really dig corsets!) but i haven't thought about what my husband & i will live off of when we're old & grey.

Well, at least i'll have something to cover myself up with when i'm living in that cardboard box under a bridge somewhere.......

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

I have no real regrets either... probably all the stupid stuff I've done while drunk that makes me cringe now.

Oh, and not joining the union at the factory I worked in to put myself through university, thinking that I would be leave for a couple months and come back for the summer as I did before...instead they laid me off and aren't hiring vacation relief again so here I am having to take out student loans for my last year of college.

I'm living the dream.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

my current employment situation...

i spent 5 years working myself up to a deputy manager, then moving to an officer on an IT rollout project, building up peoples trust and my rep as a mr. fix it on systems, only to be back where i started 5 years ago, a machine operator.

i enjoyed an increased wage for too long and got used to it.

i got used to a job where i made descisions and had to juggle 5 or more teams and objectives constantly. i was a big pat in the development of new working procedures to incorporate new technologies

now i'm just pressing buttons repeatedly.

i suppose i've had team leader and project experiance now i may be better equipped than most to get an even better grade but...its a big sloppy slap with a fish in the face to be back where i started.

i often wonder if going for the IT post did me any favours at all

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    Regrets...I've had a few...
    but then again... too few to mention...

I'm thinkin Sid here... F. Sinatra IS a cunt. (Nancy S is awesome)

Quote Originally Posted by Head Wreck
    my current employment situation...

i spent 5 years working myself up to a deputy manager, then moving to an officer on an IT rollout project, building up peoples trust and my rep as a mr. fix it on systems, only to be back where i started 5 years ago, a machine operator.

i enjoyed an increased wage for too long and got used to it.

i got used to a job where i made descisions and had to juggle 5 or more teams and objectives constantly. i was a big pat in the development of new working procedures to incorporate new technologies

now i'm just pressing buttons repeatedly.

i suppose i've had team leader and project experiance now i may be better equipped than most to get an even better grade but...its a big sloppy slap with a fish in the face to be back where i started.

i often wonder if going for the IT post did me any favours at all
    wot are you regretting here? send me your CV. move to Australia. it's good. Perhaps the IT salaries are not quite as high as in the UK but they are still OK. I had to get to work at 9am yesterday (unnatural) to conduct a job interview for "Senior Applications Developer".. and... I gave him he gig (altho he doesn't know it yet). Good chap... still stuck in stupid Java programming but that's why I needed him cos even when I used to be a developer I ditched that in favour of .NET. java is boring. Some on the interview panel were thousands of K's away but we just did video link up so South Wales is not a problem... get your peeps to call my peeps hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    probably all the stupid stuff I've done while drunk that makes me cringe now...
    I'm living the dream.
    wo tell me about it... was smashed last nite and just awoke but I managed to make myself go home at 4am bcos I was totally un-pick-up-able and that is not something to regret altho I was about to be regrettable. just made it out of there with the last shreds of dignity. Altho I do remember yelling at the folks something about "the Black Parade" but they weren't getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by VampireLily

I own 68 corsets (yes, i KNOW..but i really dig corsets!) but i haven't thought about what my husband & i will live off of when we're old & grey.

Well, at least i'll have something to cover myself up with when i'm living in that cardboard box under a bridge somewhere.......
    hokey smokes... 68!!?! Mr Pepper perchance? you would be happy with some of my pals who similarly are fetished that way. Like Miss Spooky. (MySpud)

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon
    but then again... too few to mention...

I'm thinkin Sid here... F. Sinatra IS a cunt. (Nancy S is awesome)
    haha..I was thinking Sid as well. As for Nancy, her mum wrote a book (And I don't Want To Live This Life). Have you read it?I think it may be out of print now but it's fuckin great

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

hmm... i kind of believe in fate, to a degree. while i think things might be easier and/or better if id stayed in nz, then i wouldnt have met some of the people i treasure, my father wouldnt have met my wonderful stepmother, my mother wouldnt have gotten a teaching job in england, my sister wouldnt have spawned my nephew... i have a few regrets, but nothing i would change.

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

there can not be any regret, it was choice you made at that time. Live with it, you can never look back because you can not change what has happen. You can change what happens in the future. You can learn from your past mistake and learn from them or keep on the same path. It is always your choice and action to change the world around you.

There is no place for regret or self pity, move forward look to future. keep pushing and driving to meet your goal. No matter what you are factory work, business owner, artist and ect ..there is no surrender..

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by VampireLily

Those corsets are an investment, a nest egg you can eBay when you are old and gray. Just gotta look at it right.

Hay, thanks for the offer, but i'm more of a lab monkey, penny a dozen as you know

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

At this point in life I dont regret anything...........that can change any time though

i regret drinking so much last night... no hangover but it seems i bumped into a few bookshelves when i got home

+ Reply to Thread