+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is The Gothic Scene Evil????

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Is The Gothic Scene Evil????

This is sort of the big media debate, but having gone to just about every club in the universe for about ten million years, h-m-m-m-m, well there are definitely evil people. But there are also evil people all over the world that are in the more conservative scenes....

I have to admit though, there are certain clubs that really do seem to have a sort of evil power. (Have I been watching too many Hammer Films?) But I guess that is sort of the point.

I think it's OK as long as you escape in time. Don't let the evil get you!!!!! Heh! Heh! Heh!!

What are your thoughts?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Is The Gothic Scene Evil????

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    This is sort of the big media debate, but having gone to just about every club in the universe for about ten million years, h-m-m-m-m, well there are definitely evil people. But there are also evil people all over the world that are in the more conservative scenes....

There is good and bad in any group of people. I do see an element of (dwe)evil which tends to infiltrate these scenes. You simply cannot police the undefined.

I have to admit though, there are certain clubs that really do seem to have a sort of evil power. (Have I been watching too many Hammer Films?) But I guess that is sort of the point.

I don't see that as evil per se.

I think it's OK as long as you escape in time. Don't let the evil get you!!!!! Heh! Heh! Heh!!

That's true. I never thought I'd be telling the tales.

What are your thoughts?
    If I opened a club, I'd make it like Studio 54. The right to associate implies the right not to.

OEC

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Not really...I think it likes to pretend it's evil but rarely in a malicious way. A fun kinda evil...playing in the darkness and what not. Some are making it a bit too Halloween like at times but that's in any scene.

Then again evil for me would be like the Nazi's...not some guy decked out in pentagrams and heavy eyeshadow. Actions are evil...image not so much.

Except pop stars...their image is fucking evil.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I agree with Zaire on this one. Your beliefs and your appearance do not determine whether or not you're a good or evil person.

VampBoi's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    I agree with Zaire on this one. Your beliefs and your appearance do not determine whether or not you're a good or evil person.
    Ditto ~ It's all in the actions we take.

[QUOTE=Tequila Zaire]Not really...I think it likes to pretend it's evil but rarely in a malicious way. A fun kinda evil...playing in the darkness and what not. Some are making it a bit too Halloween like at times but that's in any scene.

Then again evil for me would be like the Nazi's...not some guy decked out in pentagrams and heavy eyeshadow. Actions are evil...image not so much.

That's true. Actual evil is dictated by actions.

OEC

[QUOTE=OneEyedCat]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Not really...I think it likes to pretend it's evil but rarely in a malicious way. A fun kinda evil...playing in the darkness and what not. Some are making it a bit too Halloween like at times but that's in any scene.

That's true. Actual evil is dictated by actions.

OEC

So I guess the real question is, are we evil???? Mwahahahahahaha!!!!

Hell yes!!!! When I put on that corset and bra top and walk into that club with 800cc's, baby, you bet I am evil!!!! More like trouble, with a capital "T"....

So I guess the real question is, are we evil???? Mwahahahahahaha!!!!

Hell yes!!!! When I put on that corset and bra top and walk into that club with 800cc's, baby, you bet I am evil!!!! More like trouble, with a capital "T"....
    haha I am evil in that way.

OEC

What are your thoughts?
    I think evil is a pretty relative term. Evil for me is often not giving a shit and going your own way (because let's face it, anarchy is "evil" right?). It's just something concocted by world leaders to use to strike fear into the hearts of the general populous. I've never met someone who I consider to be truly evil, and I may never. It's all a
    crock of shit.

Love, JJ Slash

No, some people are evil period. It doesn't matter on what subculture they are a part of. There is good and bad in every scene. The media is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SindelChaos
    No, some people are evil period. It doesn't matter on what subculture they are a part of. There is good and bad in every scene. The media is stupid.
    Did you get your pics yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SindelChaos
    yeah. I think some people reclaim the term "evil" to defy an imposed morality. You definitely have to make a call on what is right or wrong, regardless of the scene.

OEC

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It really depends what you mean by evil...

There are a lot of people in this scene that enjoy evil,
    and they are into serial killers, blood, gore, bondage, etc...
    But that does not make them evil.

I suppose compared to a typical country-western club,
    or a bible group meeting, there are a lot more "evil"
    people in this scene. But I really do not think it is
    a truly bad and nasty evil. I don't think many people
    in this scene really enjoy real torture, and those that
    do, probably are into it in the same ratio as normal
    society. But a large majority of people in this scene,
    are more outsiders, creative types, rugged individualists,
    punks, anarchists, etc... But that does not make them "evil".
    Outside the norm, yes, but not evil.

Sure, there are some evil people, and people who are
    really into evil, and enjoy some messed up stuff.
    But I think we have those people in the same proportion
    to the rest of society. It's just that the other people hide it...

how can a scene be evil?

surely it is potentially the paticipants that may possess that ability

and yet an ability for what - can anyone be bothered to establish the root and contemporary meanings of the word per se

there is a lot more evil at any level in their world than mine/other etrangers

Did you get your pics yet?
    Not yet, you'll be the....er... let me see, 7th to know! I promise.

and your little dog too

i hate most scenes equally. they each have what to recommend them and they each have their hateable aspects.

Actually, if you really think about it, Vampires are good role models for people because they are survivors!!!! So they kill a few people on the way... They never die, they can be killed over and over, and they just keep coming back.... So it is really a positive experience... (heh! heh! heh!!!!...)

But if you want to talk about pure evil, meet my twin brothers!!! Yuppie computer nerds from hell!!! Or terrorists, are definitely evil.

[QUOTE=MistressJennifer]Actually, if you really think about it, Vampires are good role models for people because they are survivors!!!! So they kill a few people on the way... They never die, they can be killed over and over, and they just keep coming back.... So it is really a positive experience... (heh! heh! heh!!!!...)

Would you want that overreliance on humans tho? It seems like the thousand year hell of a drug addict.

OEC

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

You can find evil in everything these days; often the media just need a story to pump up their circulation and come up with something containing the most feeble links and proof imaginable.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

what is this evil your talking about?

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

I think scenes are evil. And the goth scene is now no more than a bunch of ravers who like black, more than neon green and pink. What ever happened to good old marilyn manson and NIN blaring in clubs not this slightly evilly tuned VNV Nation. I think that this is evil! And the guy that shot dime bag darryl he is evil too!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by adorn_shadow
    I think scenes are evil. And the goth scene is now no more than a bunch of ravers who like black, more than neon green and pink. What ever happened to good old marilyn manson and NIN blaring in clubs not this slightly evilly tuned VNV Nation. I think that this is evil! And the guy that shot dime bag darryl he is evil too!
    um goths and ravers listen to tottaly different music and goths dont tend to do as many drungs and if you think NIN and Manson are goth then you have no idea what you are talking about

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I've been "goth" since before I can remember and I've been told I'm evil from time to time, but really I have never met more evil people than in the congregation at Sunday mass. There are bad apples in every barrel, but becasue we are a dark people with interests that are aligned with the Devil and we favour the night, we are synonmous with the Dark One, Called the Great Adversary in the minds of those who go about mindless by day doing as they are told and what is considered to be the right thing in a totally selfish manner. Damned Day Zombies...
    K

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Hey, I read that Dick Tracy storyline about goths, and they were pretty damn evil.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire

Except pop stars...their image is fucking evil.
    agree totally

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

it doesn't matter where you go there ae good and bad people..look what happened last week..Diembag Darrel got shot by a "fan" I mean honest you don't expect that type of thing at that type I might be treading a fien line of sterreotypical thinking but I have never ever once worried about being shot or stabbed. More often worried about being crushed or being the chat reciever toa some girl on drugs...but never a shooting. But things are changing only last week a boy 18 years old was stabbed because he wouldn't let some dudes in a house party. I remember we use to just go to the 7/11 if we weren't allowed in a paper toweled the tree's infront of the house becasue ya just knew mom and dad were not going to dig it. Things are gettinga lil scarey for me and I feel a lil lost at times these days when I look around me, and I am no spring chicken either....I think image has become a very big part of society but instead of expressng our true selves we hide behind it. So I think people think if they look evil they are evil...chances are though theyare anything but evil.

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

I have a lot of trouble saying anything is "evil." The word "evil" sounds in my ears like condemnation by a fearful person of something he/she does not understand. I would personally argue against the existance of "good" and "evil" as concrete terms, though that's a fight for another day.

That said, substituting "bad" for "evil," I also can't say I find the goth scene bad. It's got it's share of misguided and/or ignorant morons, but then again, so does everyone.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I think what she means, is that some people in this scene are sincerely into death, pain, serial killers, vampires, bloodplay, mutilation, scarification, cutting, etc, etc, etc... So when you run into someone like that, in this scene, I think some people seem to get the feeling that there are truly "evil" people in this scene. Not all the people, but some of them. If you go to a typical household, and meet typical people, who sit around and watch sitcoms, take their kids to soccer practice, go to work, etc, by comparison, there are a lot more "evil" people in this scene. But in my opinion, even though people in this scene are more likely to be into "evil" stuff, I think that the number of people who are really evil is about the same as the number of people in other walks of life. I think you will find that some frat boys are capable of murder, and so are some goth boys. It's just that one group watches football in their time off, and dresses normally, etc... But anger, cruelty, and asshole behavior, are not exclusive to one group of people.

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    I think you will find that some frat boys are capable of murder, and so are some goth boys. It's just that one group watches football in their time off, and dresses normally, etc... But anger, cruelty, and asshole behavior, are not exclusive to one group of people.
    Exactly. Out of everyone it was the drunken frat fuck I was most afraid to piss off back in my high school/college days.

+ Reply to Thread