+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drag Me To Hell

Mozgirl's Avatar Junior Member

Default Drag Me To Hell

I just saw this movie.
    Its was kinda creepy.
    In the middle of the movie around 10 people walked out on a part that they were inviting the dead in which I thought was kinda dumb.
    What did they think they were gonna see in a movie about demons and hell.
    Has anyone seen this movie?
    What did you think of it?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: Drag Me To Hell

I'd like to see it.

nickeynickers's Avatar Junior Member

Ive seen it, and i liked it allot just for the fact it was made by Sam Raimi.. i love how he mixes humor with horror.. and the twist at the end with the coin was great. Evil Dead is by far my favorite movies of his tho...

and the porridge was just

havent seen it. i have an affinity for terrible horror movies. like teenage cavemen, or curse of the queerwolf, or vampires from hell battle of the bands

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

I enjoyed it ... not the best, not the worst. Just a fun summer movie from Sam Raimi.

KessM: I love your taste in movies

I heard it was really good and bloody. I want to see that, but Bruno is out now I think and I want to see that more.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    I heard it was really good and bloody. I want to see that, but Bruno is out now I think and I want to see that more.

I could deconstruct what I don't like about that Sasha Baron Cohen guy, but I think my distaste for him goes beyond anything rational to just plain lizard brain revulsion on like a biological level.

I usually like to see special effectsy movies on the big screen and more talkie ones on my TV where I can stop and start when I please for snacks or bathroom breaks or work-related text messages I just gotta answer.

Wow! You hate him that bad? Please give me a glimpse into why? I'm curious.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    Wow! You hate him that bad? Please give me a glimpse into why? I'm curious.

If I put my intellectual hat on, I dislike the fact that he never owns his own behavior. He always puts up the notion that, if you like what he is doing, that is great, and, if you do not like what he is doing, you should have a sense of humor because it is just a character and not really him. He asks the world to love him while not actually giving one tiny shred of himself in true form as an artist. Everybody plays roles in life -- child, parent, student, teacher, lover, artist, welder, clerk, plumber, cop, criminal, judge, aunt, uncle, whatever -- and most people sometimes feel that others do not truly see them because their view is limited by the role one is required to fill with a particular audience. But Cohen never owns any part of who he is. He never stands up and says, "this is me", even in some small part, and he is never willing to stand up and be counted for who he actually is, whatever that might actually be. Someone who is so terrified of himself has no license to discomfit others and his humor as such appears to be mostly based on discomfiting others.

Also, on some deep primal level, way beyond reason, I just viscerally react negatively to the guy. I know a lot of people respond to others, particularly celebs, this way and I almost never do. I will like or dislike someone based primarily on what they create, what they have to say, who they seem to be, but it is usually 100% based on analysis. I think Cohen's refusal to be who he is in what he creates probably somewhat accounts for the disgust he raises in me, but I seriously am even grossed out by just the billboards around LA for his latest fake ass character piece.

Interesting! So if he gave an interview as 'him self' and made an apology for hurt feelings and such. Would that make amends, or is that secondary to the overall feeling of hating his guts?

I totally don't care about him, but do you think he is able to "sell" his characters easier to the public since nobody knows who or what he is really like?

I understand where your coming from. I feel the same primal level dislike for Tom Cruise.

Bruno's that horrible blond guy from the 'Freund Me!' ******* add, isn't he?

That was bad. Really bad. Worse than the cooky cutter chin-grabbing rapper entourage usually decorating the login page.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah, but the scary thing is that bruno at least knows that he is a fake parody, wheras someonee such as lil wayne... I think this fact is entirely lost on him.

Iunno; pretending to be something for a while, real and fake identities will start to flow into eachother. Social situations and the way we assert ourselves in them usually have at least as much of an impact on the beliefs of the speaker as they do on the beliefs of the audience, even when you start out thinking that you're just acting. I would say both are probably very real facets of their personalities by now, as at some point 'fake' becomes merely artificial.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Terrible movie. It went beyond funny bad to just plain bad. One of the few movies that I did not finish watching, and that's coming from Daybreakers being the best out of the last five movies I've seen. And that's coming from having sat through the entirety of Avatar.

+ Reply to Thread