+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you had your wisdom teeth removed?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Have you had your wisdom teeth removed?

Have you had your wisdom teeth removed? If so, how did it go?

I got mine out and I couldn't eat or even keep down water (or pain pills) for almost three days. They finally gave me some weird anti-emetic tranq which let me start having water and crackers and I eventually got better, but I had thought that was a sort of minor procedure.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Have you had your wisdom teeth removed?

while mine grew in fine for the most part, i ended up quickly developing cavities in them and ultimately had to have one or two of them pulled. it was almost like they already had cavities in them before they were fully above the gumline and grown in. in truth, i just didnt notice they had shown up until it was too late. and i just wasnt brushing far enough back in to my teeny-tiny mouth.

the weird part was a few months later when a small fragment of tooth began working its way out of my gums. while it was not painful, it was still disturbing to have happen. plus, no one believed me that i had a piece of tooth get left behind by the dentist.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I remember being puffed up like a squirrel with nuts in it's cheeks.
    It was a week of recovery for sure.
    I think it depends if the teeth are "impacted" or not.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Mine came in fine, but I had the same thing with the cavities. I had all four pulled at once, but since none of them were impacted, it was just a bunch of novacaine and a week's worth of Percs. I wasn't in pain after the second day, so I just used them to improve the effects of alcohol.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I did. One was impacted. Dentistry doesn't bother me as much as some. The time that one took though, damn. This guy was a stellar Dentist too. He had to scrape part of it out.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I only had two come in. The first one came in when I was living out west and had no dental coverage so I just had to deal with it. Ouch. The second one came in a few years later and finally had them both removed. I got put to sleep so thankfully didn't feel anything then spent the next few days in a daze. No fuss, no muss. Guess I was lucky.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I've had two removed. One done at one time and one done at another. Alot of blood, but not bad when it's one at a time. At least for me.

And Axa...I also had the same thing happen to me on a bad molar I had removed. After about 4 days, I felt something sharp on my gum. Looked in a mirror and a sharp piece of tooth fragment was coming out of the side of my gum. Bore a hole right out. I actually went back to the dentist and had him remove it. He said it isn't that uncommon and it's the body's way of "kickin' out" something that was now considered foreign TO the body.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

So the dentist admitted that dentists suck and can't even remove a whole tooth?

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I had mine taken out last year, I only had 3 of them. They're in my cupboard still, the dentist was kind of wierded out when I wanted to keep them. I even took photos of my teeth out and my bloody spit plate right after the dentist. Yea, I'm gross.

And I had a similar experience a few of you had. The shitty part about getting my wisdom teeth out was that my dentist left a shard of tooth in, it didn't work its way out after either, and when I say shard I mean it, it scraped up the inside of my cheek, and because I was drugged out for a few days I didn't know for sure that that's what it was. But all was well after I got that excess taken out the next week.

I have had two out - both were done under a local anaesthetic and took about 10-15 minutes a pop, from the time I got the first numbing injection to the time it was yanked.
    No bruising and the only stipulation was that I didn't have any hot drinks for a few hours.
    All in all, a pretty painless process.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Admit? Hahaha! Dentists? They never admit shit if something is botched up. They have insurance for that and the less they admit to, the less they'll have to pay out of pocket.

+ Reply to Thread