+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clubs should not play ...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Clubs should not play ...

Clubs should not play Orgy and Depeche Mode and AC/DC after a much less good band's showcase

Default Re: Clubs should not play ...

So true... not only in that genre... but in electronic music genre there are often dj's wrongly misplaced.... you got guy playing techno and after him comes one that plays deep house. :/

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

meh.

clubs round here just tend to play the kerrang complination albums back to back. you can set your watch by the song. the alternative scenes round here aren't into "new experiences"

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

or that NIN song fuck you like an animal...i hate that song i hear it at EVERY kinda club even the clubs that you'd least expect that kinda industrial/rock to be played at

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

i take my comment back. found a decent night round here, once a month slot.

but last time i was there they did play a to much of a genre hopping selection, every song was completely differant

Clubs shouldn't play AC/DC, period. Metal isn't dance music.

Also, Orgy only gets played with Blue Monday - I'm not sure if a cover should be something to be elitist about.

You're right on the money with Depeche Mode though. In fact, let me expand upon that principle and say clubs should stop hosting crappy bands in the first place, unless they're providing a damn good visual show to go with it. If their music is worth hearing, they'll find a DJ to play a track now and then; there's no reason to block the stage and submit us innocent party-goers to 40 minutes of it exclusively.

Disclaimer: Musical 'my tastes > yours' talk is categorically absurd, but highly satisfying. Don't take me seriously.

+ Reply to Thread