+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Summer Concerts

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Default Summer Concerts

Three big ones this summer...Depeche Mode, Tool, and Nine Inch Nails w/ Jane's Addiction!
    Problem is, I just don't have enough money to hit them all. Damnshitfuck. Decisions... decisions.....

Anyone else have summer concert plans?

Default Re: Summer Concerts

Not enough time and not enough excess $$$ either. I'd probably entertain DM first, then nin/ja... I saw tool 35+ times @ lollapalooza 93 while on tour doing the cyberpit and while their an amazing band and bunch of people, I'd rather wait till they were locally around where I'm at say Idylwild - lol now that would be a show.

I only wish Coachella had more kick as it did previous years - I mean, Kraftwerk and Pink Floyd would of done it for me if I was here, but this year... meh... still some great bands and performers... like Leonard Cohen, et all - but I dunno - for $200 + the hassle of babysitters, parking and $$$ water, etc - meh...

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Coachella 2005 was the best lineup I've seen in years! I don't think they'll top that one anytime soon.

NIN... yeah... I'd ordinarily be tempted, but I've seen Trent four times already, and as the tickets continue to get more expensive while his music continues to get steadily worse (in my personal opinion), I just can't justify it anymore. However, My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult is going back on tour with a new album, and that's almost always promising. Most of my favorite groups haven't announced any tour dates yet (at least not for the U.S.... thanks ever so much Hanzel Und Gretyl), but as money isn't something I have much of these days, it's just as well.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

the only one I'm interested in is depeche mode. i'll put money on janes not having the original line up, and I'm not a fan of flea.

Flea? or Maynard?

Now MLWTTKK I'd be interested in hearing... their new album... I sorta wasn't too impressed with the glam-vegas sound, especially after Good Spirits and Confessions... but everything has it's place - except House... ok... I'm sure House has a place... I mean I like a few songs that maybe are on the border of House... but more House + 80's New Wave... I love run on sentences and thoughts

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I'll be back in Texas in June, so definately Mayhemfest is Dallas, and depending on what goes on with Ozfest I'll probably check it out (I was so pissed that it was in Dallas for one night and I was, well, not able to go). Plus Family Values Tour. I don't know the dates for most groups I'd like to see, I usually just look up the venues at the first of the month and see who'll be there. Anyone know when Slipknot's tour begins? They have Coheed and Camria and Trivium touring with them.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

nope. i dont really do concerts. the nin one sounds good though.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    i'll put money on janes not having the original line up, and I'm not a fan of flea.
    Actually I think it is the original line-up.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Haha, my concert plans include seeing fucking everything and getting paid to do it.

Good times.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Too many people around for my tastes, concerts.

Unless they're sitting the fuck down, and in some kind of theater, not interested.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    Actually I think it is the original line-up.

i'll put money on it not being. eric avery (original bassist) hates those guys, and has refused playing with them for several years now.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

seeing MDC (80's punk from texas) next week.

there is/was a show with a new band of members of The Locust, but I think I missed it already.

I think in June Magrudergrind is playing. oh yeah, and Cattle Decapitator is supposed to play too at some point, heh.

oh yeah, and Black Lips were supposed to play, but I think I missed that show too.

that's about it for "big" touring bands. I'm sure that I'll be seeing many smaller shows and local acts.

Wait, "Cattle Decapitator" is a "big touring band"?

compared to a band where ten people are at the show, 8 of whom are their personal friends. yeah. They might not have been the headliner, but I'm pretty sure that they've played at ozzfest and things like that.

the venue is basically a house show, but in a rented building, so that's pretty big for us. I don't think that they are aware they will be playing in a 15 by 15 foot room (Ok that is a bit of an exaggeration, but truthfully if 50 people were there it would be a violation of the fire code, and half that would be pretty packed.) with no stage and for no money.

I just can't imagine ever again going to a concert with hundreds of people and being so far away from the stage that you can't even see the band. you might as well just stay home and watch the video.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I wish I still lived in a college town. Seeing shows in Los Angeles is just not the same. I really don't like big big shows, but I used to be able to catch band line NIN and Jane's Addiction and such before they really blew up and nobody could get near them. L.A. is so showcase oriented for bands at that early stage that it really takes the fun and energy away from the show.

Of course, if BB attacks Las Vegas, I'll see how cheap flights are from NYC.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

slayer maybe, but I'm not big on the molson amptheter festival thing so probably not

I missed MDC cuz my car battery died- a fact that I didn't find out until I was on my way to the show.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I gonna have to add the Warped Tours. I should be able to catch it in Indy.

+ Reply to Thread